XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito
How to make XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito
The original Grilled Stuft Burrito features a flour tortilla filled with ground beef, beans, rice, a three-cheese blend featuring cheddar, pepperjack and mozzarella, creamy Pepper Jack Sauce, and Fiesta Salsa. However, it can be customized to include grilled chicken or steak in place of the ground beef.
If you are planning to prepare this dish at your home then you can go through our recipe to know all the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish right at your kitchen.
The XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito is a grand recipe that features a combination of Spanish rice with seasoned ground beef and pico de gallo along with cheese and spicy jalapeno refried beans. We have divided the ingredients into three parts as per the requirement of the dish.
For Spanish Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic (make sure to use as much of the canned tomato juice as possible)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For Seasoned Ground Beef
- 2 lb 85/15 ground beef
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Pico de Gallo
- 6-8 large burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1 – 30 oz can Rosarita Spicy Jalapeno refried beans Or your favorite brand
- 16 oz container of guacamole
- 16 oz Mexican blend shredded cheese
- your favorite hot sauce, to taste Tapatio or Cholula for us
- Non-stick spray or vegetable oil as needed
Method of Preparation
- To prepare heat the oil over medium heat, in a large flat-bottomed pan with vertical walls.
- Add the diced yellow onion to the oil and saute for about a minute. Then add the green bell peppers and saute for another one minute. Add in the rice and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the diced fire roasted tomatoes to the rice. Season this rice mixture with the 1 tsp kosher salt and mix well to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer once it starts boiling. Cover the pan with a lid to cook until rice is done, which will take about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat after rice is cooked. Cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, you can heat the 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and make sure to break up any large clumps of meat while beating with the ladle during cooking process. Season the beef with the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine well.
- Continue to saute the beef for about 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked properly. Switch off the flame and keep the beef aside.
- Transfer the beans from the can into a medium saucepan. Add about 1/4 cup water and mix to combine. Heat over medium heat while constantly stirring the beans. If your beans become a bit dry, you can add a tbsp more of water or vegetable stock. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they are done.
- Switch on the stove and heat a large flat skillet over medium heat. Warm the tortillas in the pan for about 30 secs per side.
- Now assemble the stuft burrito. The first layer should be the refried beans. Take a 3-4 spoons of refried beans and spread it in a line in the middle of the burrito leaving a about a 1-inch gap at each end of the line so that you can fold it properly. Next add the rivce in similsr way.
- Next drain the ground beef and add in a similar manner on the tortillas. Add guacamole and Pico de gallo along with your choice of hot sauce. Finally the cheese goes into the dish.
- Now it’s time to roll the burrito. First roll one side of the tortilla over the fillings and tuck it tightly. Next fold over the side flaps and lastly roll the burrito onto the final side of the tortilla. Repeat the same procedure for all of your burritos leaving the open tortilla flap on the bottom.
- Heat the pan again to warm the tortillas over medium-high heat. Grease the pan with some vegetable oil.
- Place two to three burritos down into the pan with the flap side down. Check the bottoms frequently and cook them until you get a nice golden brown crust. Coat the top layer of the burrito with a bit of oil and flip it over. Cook this side until it becomes light golden brown.
- Repeat the same procedure for all burritos. Serve immediately with your favorite hot sauce.
- You can make these burritos and freeze them for an easy microwave meal. After assembling and cooking the burritos, let them cool down completely in the fridge. After they are cooled down wrap the burritos in plastic or foil wrap individually. Place them all in a freezer-proof Ziploc bag.
- To reheat a frozen burrito take off the plastic/foil, wrap the burrito in a wet paper towel, and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Then microwave on high settings for about 3 minutes. However, the micro-waved burritos do not have the same crunch
There are 870 calories in a XXL grilled Stuft Burrito; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fats. Let us know all the nutrients that you get from a grilled stuft burrito
For a Serving Size of 1 burrito (429.5g)
- Calories 870
- Calories from Fat 360 (41.4%)
- Total Fat 40g
- Saturated fat 14g
- Trans fat 1g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 2140mg (90%)
- Carbohydrates 97g
- Net carbs 84g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 13g (52%)
- Protein 32g
- Vitamin A 135μg (16%)
- Vitamin C 48mg (80%)
- Calcium 400mg (41%)
- Iron 2.8mg (36%)
- Fatty acids: 0%
- Amino acids: 0%
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
Reviewed December 11, 2018
I have only used the drive thru here. It is standard Taco Bell food but you can also order Long John Silver's food if you prefer.
My favorite is the XXL Grilled Stuffed Burrito with chicken. The nachos with cheese are also good.
Service thru the drive thru is usually speedy and the staff is courteous.
Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed April 7, 2019
I had the steak XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito and it was good, but my Nacho Fries were cold and soggy. It was a cold and soggy night in Brainerd, so I can't complain too much. Service was good and fast.
Date of visit: April 2019
JUL 7, 2011
For one half of the burrito, I found myself wanting more beans and cheese. For the second half, I got the beans but not enough cheese still. I wouldn't say the mixture of ingredients had quite the abundance of seasoned beef that I was expecting.
Overall, the blend of flavors for the XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito just isn't my favorite flavor blend. I much preferred the last XXL offering, the XXL Chalupa.
The Most Popular Queries
What type of cheese does a XXL grilled stuft burrito use?
Ans: Usually a XXL grilled stuft burrito uses a three cheese blend (cheddar, pepper jack, and mozzarella) in it. However, you can add only one type of cheese and skip other two if you are checking your calories, while preparing the dish at home. You can also customize the cheese preferences at Taco Bell chains while ordering.
Foodie fans launched petition to Bring Back the XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito
The Mexican food chain Taco Bell had earlier discontinued a few of its menu items including Doritos Locos Taco shells, the Beefy Mini Quesadilla, and the Grilled XXL Stuft Burrito. However fans have petitioned to bring back their favourite menu items including XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito.
"The recent menu 'upgrade' at Taco Bell has been anything but. It has been filled with outrage and backlash, and rightly so," Neuls said in the petition description. "Taco Bell Corporate and their CEO's [sic] are so out of touch with the customers, thinking that they could remove these big ticket items while keeping unappealing less popular items... If the outcry from the fans won't get Taco Bell to listen to us than [sic] maybe a petition with all of Taco Bells [sic] True [sic] fans will," reports Thrillist.