How to make Wet Burrito
A wet burrito is a dish found in Mexican or Mexican-influenced American cuisine consisting of a standard burrito topped with red sauce and melted cheese. It is made in much the same way as any other burrito, with various types of fillings wrapped in a flour tortilla. Del Taco use shredded chicken; however a wet burrito can also be made with only beans and rice as a filling. Usually, the server serves the wet burrito on a plate, as the server pours a good amount of red sauce (often enchilada sauce) over it and shredded cheese melts on top with the heat of the sauce.
If you want to prepare this at home then you should at first know the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish.
We have enlisted ingredients that you need to prepare 6 servings of wet burrito. You can go through the ingredients thoroughly before preparing the dish.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ tea spoon pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chilli peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chilli without beans
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onions
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe first shred the chicken. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil in the skillet; add chicken to it when the oil becomes warm. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked or is evenly browned.
- Add onion, and cook until they become translucent. Drain the excess oil. Now it’s time to season the chicken with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add in the green chillies and refried beans. Cook the beans until they get well blended.
- When you are done with the chicken, turn off heat, but keep the chicken warm.
- In a saucepan, Add the chilli without beans, tomato soup and enchilada sauce. Mix all these ingredients well. Cook over medium heat until they mix well. Switch off the flame and keep warm.
- Warm the tortillas. To assemble the burrito, place a tortilla on a plate and add a generous 1/2 cup of the ground chicken mixture onto the center. Add lettuce leaves, cheese and tomato on the top. Now roll up tortilla over the filling.
- Add a generous amount of the sauce over the top, and top with cheese and green onions.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, place the burrito in it. Heat until te cheese melts. Take out the burritos from the oven. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve hot and enjoy your favourite dish.
There are 416 calories in a wet burrito from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fats and carbohydrates. Let us discuss all the ingredients that you get from a wet burrito.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 416.7
- Total Fat: 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 78.5 mg
- Sodium: 1,018.3 mg
- Potassium: 196.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Sugars: 0.3 g
- Protein: 27.2 g
- Vitamin A: 19.9 %
- Vitamin B-12: 6.2 %
- Vitamin B-6: 7.4 %
- Vitamin C: 6.0 %
- Vitamin D: 1.2 %
- Vitamin E: 2.1 %
- Calcium: 31.5 %
- Copper: 7.9 %
- Folate: 11.7 %
- Iron: 18.4 %
- Magnesium: 8.2 %
- Manganese: 9.9 %
- Niacin: 10.3 %
- Pantothenic Acid: 4.9 %
- Phosphorus: 28.6 %
- Riboflavin: 15.1 %
- Selenium: 21.2 %
- Thiamin: 11.7 %
- Zinc: 13.8 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
FEB 16, 2017
Review: Del Taco - Wet Burrito Platos
The Chicken Verde Wet Burrito includes marinated, grilled chicken along with pinto beans, green sauce and spicy jack cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla and then topped with more green sauce, spicy jack cheese, and avocado slices.
Of the two burritos, I preferred the Chicken Verde over the Carne Asada. There's more of a contrast between the seasoning of the chicken and the spicy, tanginess of the sauce, whereas the flavor of the Carne Asada and the red sauce was too similar and a little boring as a result. I also liked the firmer but still tender texture of the chicken over the almost mushy steak. Either way you go, the avocado and cheese add a nice richness but the jack cheese melts better and has slightly more of a presence.
Overall, both Del Taco's Wet Burrito Platos provide an enjoyable, hearty (and, for some, shareable) meal at a pretty good value. As long as you can stand the heat (it's at the high end of my heat tolerance), I'd definitely go for the Chicken Verde.
Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile
The new burrito meals were good. The red sauce is a bit spicy, but still good. The service is always great.
Date of visit: January 2017
The Most Popular Queries
What should you serve with a wet burrito?
Ans: You can serve restaurant Style Mexican Rice, Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Honey Lime Butter, Southwest Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa, dressing or simple big green salad, homemade salsa, and caramelized pineapple or other Fresh fruit with your favourite wet burrito.
Can I customize the wet burrito?
Ans: Yes you can. If you want to add meat of your choice instead of chicken, you can replace it. If you want to skip the meat, then you can also go only with beans and cheese. Interestingly, most of the restaurants use only beans and cheese in a wet burrito. Moreover, you can add your choice of cheese or skip the cheese completely as per your choice.
Del taco launches two new wet burrito platos
Del taco has announced to launch two new wet burritos that the restaurant calls ‘Platos’. The dishes will be served in the plate, for why they have named this dish ‘Plato’.
“The new Chicken Verde Wet Burrito features slow-cooked pinto beans, marinated and grilled chicken, tangy green sauce, and spicy jack cheese wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. The chicken burrito is wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with more green sauce, jack cheese, and avocado slices.
Steak lovers have the Carne Asada Wet Burrito to enjoy. This beefy burrito is filled with pinto beans, marinated and grilled carne asada steak, a zesty red sauce, and cheddar cheese. It's wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with red sauce, cheddar cheese, and sliced avocado,” Food Beast has reported.
The cost of Chicken Verde and Carne Asada wet burritos is $6.49 and $7.49, respectively. You can order the new wet burritos at any Del Taco chain.