How to make TacoRito
Tacorito is a mild and meaty South-western dish that combines the delicious flavour of tacos with the twist of baked burritos. I you want to order Tacoritos from Tacovilla, then you can visit their website or reach the Tacovilla restaurant near you.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
A Tacorito from Taco Villa features ground beef along with some spices and flour tortillas. Let us know all the ingredients that you need to arrange while preparing this dish at home.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced ripe olives
- Sour cream
Method of Preparation
- To begin with this recipe, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add in flour until it gets smooth, while gradually adding water to the flour. Bring flour and water mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until the flour becomes thickened.
- Add in chilli powder and garlic salt. Bring all these things to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes keeping the pan uncovered.
- Switch on the gas stove. Place a large skillet on it. Add oil and heat over medium heat. Add beef, sausage and onion to the oil.
- Cook until the meat is cooked properly. Drain the excess oil. Add in refried beans and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup sauce in a greased baking dish. Place tortillas on it. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; add 2/3 cup meat mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with ¼ cup cheese.
- Roll up tortillas and place the seam side down in a baking dish. Add remaining sauce over the top; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes while keeping it uncovered or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with suggested toppings as desired.
There are 390 calories in a Tacorito from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 Tacorito from Taco villa.
- Serving: 1 Tacorito
- Calories: 390
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat (g): 18
- Saturated Fat (g): 0
- Trans Fat (g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 40
- Sodium (mg): 530
- Total Carbohydrates (g): 37
- Dietary Fiber (g): 5
- Sugars (g): 0
- Protein (g): 19
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
I have always loved going to this Taco Villa whenever I could since I live out of town. I went there tonight and the tortilla on my burrito was crispy and not at all soft. The beans were lukewarm all of which made for a very undesirable meal. I threw the burrito away.
I had also gotten a Guadalajara which I thought would be fine. It was awful. The tostada was stale and the guacamole very undesirable. I also threw it away.
What a disappointment! It has always been a favorite place. I don't know if I'll ever try it again.
I'm so sad.
We eat at taco vlla often but haven't been to this one in quite a few years. The taco salad was supposed to be shredded chicken but it was large chunks. The salad was also missing a few ingredients. The taco salad shell was stale and soft. We also got tacos and the shells were very stale and in appetizing. The ground beef didn't taste like taco villas ground beef either. They didn't make it the way all the others do. Very disappointing.
I'm a huge Taco Villa fan, but this location needs some attention. First I stopped at the speaker to place my order. There was one vehicle in front of me at the window. They never took my order after 4-5 minutes. I keep saying hello, with no response. When the car at the window pulled away, I pulled up to the window. I looked into the window with three people working and two of them saw me and keep moving about without responding to me after several minutes. Finally a girl with the headset came to the window, opened it and just stood there staring at me. She said nothing, then I said "do I need to come in to order, did you hear me at the speaker?" She said" like it doesn't hear big trucks". Big trucks? I'm driving a Chevy Silverado, I told her I'll just go somewhere else. I will never go there again, nor another Taco Villa.
The Most Popular Queries
How can I save calories while preparing Tacorito at home?
Ans: You can save calories by reducing the usage of cheese in it. If you are really checking on your calories, you can skip using cheese or reduce the quantity of cheese in your favourite Tacorito.
Taco Villa is closing its chain at Waite Park: The chain will have the last day on Christmas Eve.
WAITE PARK : A local favorite in the world of Mexican food is shuttering its doors, reported by WJON.
Taco Villa, located along Division Street in Waite Park, will have its last business day on Christmas Eve. Cole Friel has worked at Taco Villa for 8 years alongside his mother, who has worked there for over 20 years. He says the decision to close the restaurant was based on necessity.