Street Taco Chicken
How to make Street Taco Chicken
Street Taco Chicken is an amazing dish from Del taco chain that features seasoned chicken along with cheese wrapped in a crunchy taco shell. You can order this recipe at Del Taco chain or online from their website.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, you can follow our recipe that includes a few simple and easy steps. Before knowing the method of preparation, let us know the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish at home.
The Street Taco Chicken from Del Taco features chicken as its main ingredient. It also takes a good amount of cheese along with a few seasoning that you need to prepare the chicken. Let us discuss all the ingredients that you need while preparing this dish at home.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 limes divided
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup Cotija Cheese crumbles
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish you have to first prepare the chicken filing. Switch on the gas stove and put a pan on it.
- In the same pan add olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add shredded chicken and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is slightly browned.
- At this stage season the chicken. Add cumin, chilli powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir until completely the chicken is well mixed with all the spices.
- When you are done with the chicken, switch off the stove and keep the seasoned chicken aside.
- In a separate bowl, Add chopped onion, diced tomatoes, juice of one lime juice and cilantro. Toss all the ingredients well so that they blend with eachother.
- To assemble the street taco, place one corn tortilla out flat on a plate. Add 1/2 cup shredded chicken on the tortilla, add tomato mixture, and cotija cheese.
- Squeeze some lime juice over it.
- Fold it in taco shape. Heat oil in a pan and place the taco on it. Fry each side for about 1-2 minute or until the taco shell becomes little crunchy.
- When you are done with the taco, keep it aside. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining tortilla and chicken filling.
- Serve hot and enjoy the dish.
You can use pre-cooked grilled chicken strips from the store, which will save your time.
You can prepare the Pico de Gallo at home. However, if you always run out of time, you can purchase readymade store bought Pico De Gallo, which will save your time as well. Moreover, you can also use jarred salsa if you find it easily.
You can replace cotija cheese with feta cheese also.
You can serve this dish with Mexican Street Corn Salad and Slow Cooker Refried Beans to enhance its taste.
There are 170 calories in a Chicken Street Taco from Del Taco; most of those calories come from fat (33%) and carbohydrates (44%). Let us know the approximate quantity of all the nutrients that we get from a Street Taco chicken from Del Taco.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (11%)
- Saturated Fat: 0.0g (0%)
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10%)
- Sodium: 280mg (12%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g (7%)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8%)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 10g (20%)
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 6%
- Calcium: 2%
- Iron: 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile
Great little street tacos, just enough spice, great fast food and excellent prices, the place to go
for a fast bite to eat
Date of visit: December 2017
The Most Popular Queries
Can I add vegetables in Street Taco Chicken?
Ans: Yes, you can add your favourite veggies in a street taco chicken if you are a fan of vegetables. You can skip if you do not feel like adding veggies as the dish tastes awesome in its original form.
Del Taco launches New Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Lineup
“Del Taco fans will recall back in October 2020 when the brand first introduced Cholula Hot Sauce-Inspired Crispy Chicken. Flash-forward three months later and Del Taco presses the pause button on heat, and ramps up the sweet with the introduction of Honey Mango Crispy Chicken,” Chew Boom has reported.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken is available in different varieties, such as Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito, Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box, and Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco.
The Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito can be ordered as a la carte pack for $5, or as part of any other meal, served with a side of Crinkle-Cut fries and a beverage for $7.99.
The Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box is available at $4. You can also order it in meal form served with a side of honey mango sauce and a beverage for $5.99.
You can order the Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco is available for $1 or as part of a meal where you get two Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Tacos, Crinkle-Cut Fries and a beverage for $5.79.