Spicy Potato Soft Taco
How to make Spicy Potato Soft Taco
The Taco Bell Spicy Potato Taco is a vegetarian dish that features fried potatoes as its main ingredient. You will also find cheddar cheese, lettuce, and a perfectly spicy chipotle sauce that adds extra tasty and spicy flavours to the dish. If you are vegetarian and love potato then this dish is meant for you. However, this dish is one of the best selling menu items at the Taco Bell restaurants and is loved by all the foodies. The dish features perfect calorie content and can be bought at a reasonable price.
A spicy potato soft taco features potatoes as its main ingredient. However, the dish takes a few spices to enhance the taste along with cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Let us know the approximate quantity of the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish.
List of Ingredients
- Russet potatoes
- All-purpose flour
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Four tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream
- Dukes mayonnaise
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salt, table and Kosher
- Fresh lime juice
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish first you have to wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into bite-size cubes.
- Rinse and cut these potatoes and then pat dry with a paper towel so that it soaks the excess water.
- The next process will be deep frying the potatoes for which you have to heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, add flour and all the spices such as onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add potato chunks into the flour mixture and toss so that the flour coats the potatoes well.
- Shake off the excess seasoning from the potatoes before placing them into the deep fryer; doing this will prevent the possible burning of spices while deep frying.
- Deep fry the potatoes for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes becomes golden brown.
- Remove potatoes from the fryer after they are properly fried in oil and drain on wire rack to get rid of the excess oil.
- Add all sauce ingredients in a bowl and combine them well.
- Warm the tortillas and fold them into taco shape.
- Then add two to three tablespoons of potatoes to each tortilla.
- Drizzle chipotle sauce on the potatoes and top with shredded lettuce and cheese.
- Place the taco in oven for a few seconds, but do not make it too crunchy or crispy as you have to keep it sifter than a normal taco shell as the name suggests.
- Now remove from the oven to serve them hot and fresh.
A Spicy Potato Soft Taco is full of nutrients. There are 230 calories in a Spicy Potato Soft Taco from Taco Bell; most of the calories come from fat (46%) and carbohydrates (45%). Let us know the amount of all the nutrients that you get from a spicy potato soft taco.
Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 230
- Calories From Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3.0g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 460mg 19%
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 4%
- Vitamin C: 2%
- Iron: 8%
*All percent daily value figures are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutritional information source: Taco Bell
Reviewed March 7, 2016
Went here around 10pm on a Sunday. I was starving.. Walked in, and the cashier didn't say a word, even after I said hello and smiled. I ordered a tostada and a spicy potato soft taco. Took about 5 minutes to receive my order to-go. Got back to my car only to find my soft taco placed OPEN and UPSIDE DOWN in the bag. Most of the fillings were now on the bottom of the bag. I woofed it down anyway, since I was so hungry. Got back to my hotel, 2 minutes up the road, and opened my tostada box. The refried beans and tomatoes were mostly OUTSIDE of the tostada, like the guy just threw everything on there with his eyes closed. I was very disappointed.
Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016
I have just recently got hooked on taco bell....love their soft tacos and the spicy potato soft taco is pretty yummy to. The only downside to here is the staff usually. You are usually standing in line at the counter for how long and there is never anyone there, you are always waiting for them to come up. I drink only water and they have to get the water, well I need a refill you can’t get anyone to get you a refill which is irritating.
Date of visit: August 2016
AUG 21, 2014
What makes the taco come together is really the sauce, which was equal parts spicy and smoky. Somehow it feel spicier than the other items I've had with Taco Bell's chipotle sauce in it. I think it might just be the quantity and they must put more in the taco than in other items.
Overall, Taco Bell's Spicy Potato Soft Taco might be nice if you're a vegetarian and like a soft taco with a good kick of heat (or wished for a spicy version of the old potato taco), but it just made me pine for some seasoned beef.
The Most Popular Queries
Does Taco Bell's soft potato taco taste spicy?
Ans: Yes, a soft potato taco is spicy as it takes a good amount of different types of spices in it; you can add onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder, and paprika powder that make the dish so spicy and tasty.
Is Taco Bell planning to bring back its potato menu items?
Ans: Taco Bell has announced to bring back a few of its potatoes menu items after taking them off the menu in 2020. It is really a good news for the potato lovers and all the foodies as well.
Taco Bell Latest News
Taco Bell announces to bring back a few of its potato menu items including Spicy Potato Soft Taco.
Last year in 2020, “Taco Bell cut a number of items from its menu, including two dishes that featured its seasoned potato bites: Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes and the Spicy Potato Soft Taco. Those two items will be back in restaurants on March 11, the chain announced,” Potato News Today has reported.
These menu items are among the best-selling dishes of the Taco Bell chain that the foodies adored a lot. So, the wait is over now as these menu items will be available once again at the chain.