How to make Sirloin Tacos
Sirloin Tacos from Taco Palenque are seasoned to perfection and filled with grilled sirloin meat in freshly made corn or flour tortillas. This is one of the best selling dishes of Taco Palenque.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Sirloin Taco from Taco Palenque features grilled sirloin meat as its main ingredient. Besides this, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 pound sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- Flour or corn tortillas,
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, combine the salt, paprika, garlic, pepper, and thyme in a small bowl and blend all the ingredients well. Then sprinkle both sides of the steak with the dry rub and then rub it in. Now you can leave the meat to sit for half an hour at room temperature.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, you need to light the charcoal in a chimney starter. Add the hot coals into the grill so that the coals are placed to one side. Put the grill grate on the grill. When you notice grey ash on the coals, you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above the grate for 2 seconds, set the meat directly above the coals to sear it until dark grill marks form, which will take you about 3 minutes per side.
- When the steak is nicely marked by the hot grill on both sides, remove from the coals and cover the grill so that it can cook indirectly. Remove the steak from the grill when it’s slightly firm to the touch and register 130° to 135°F on an instant-read thermometer for medium rare, or 140° to 145°F for medium rare.
- Let the steak rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes before carving.
- To serve, trim the fat from the steak and slice the meat on the diagonal into thin strips. Serve with warm tortillas and salsa.
Note: You can also heat one area of a gas grill on high and another on low and then set the meat on the grates on the high side and sear it until dark grill marks form, which will take you about 3 minutes per side.
There are 260 calories in 1 serving of Sirloin Taco from Taco Palenque most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Sirloin Taco from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (105g)
- Calories: 260
- Fat cal(g): 80
- Fat (g): 9
- Saturated fat: 3
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 10
- Sodium (mg): 590
- Carbs (g): 19
- Fiber (g): 2
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 25
- Vit A %: 0%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Iron %: 15%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
You can't go wrong with the sirloin tacos, and the chips & salsa bar is great for trying the different salsas, it is the price that is now in the upper scale(4.05+tax per taco), close to the limit of "are they really worth the price?", if the price goes a little bit higher, I would have to say good bye, to a staple place for eating tacos. This location is really busy, so it is hard to keep it pristine clean.
Simply disgusting. Taco Bell provides a higher quality "sirloin." Somehow it was at the same time dry and mushy. The rice had the consistency of mashed potatoes and the beans were TV dinner quality. I'd expect to pay $4.99 at a gas station, not $12! Stay away!
Reviewed December 2, 2016 via mobile
This has become our favourite place for a quick lunch. We each order tacos. Sirloin for me and chicken for my wife with extra tortillas and grilled onions(free) plus two drinks. As well you have access to unlimited chips and a variety of condiments from the sauce bar. You can't go wrong.
Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile
Everything I have eaten here is excellent. You cannot go wrong. The Matamoros taco is my favorite, grilled sirloin and avocado! The salsa bar is a nice touch. Just wish there was a Taco Palenque closer to me!
Date of visit: November 2018
The Most Popular Queries
What kind of meat is a sirloin steak?
Ans: Sirloin steak is one of the most common cuts of beef and often the steak lover’s first choice. It has a fine but firm texture, a richness in flavour and it’s perfectly suited to grilling or barbecuing.
Latest News of Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque, McPherson Rd. recently celebrated their 34th anniversary in a unique way
Taco Palenque, McPherson Rd. celebrated their 34th anniversary on 2nd July this year in a unique way by organizing a contest among the foodie fans, reported by Taco Palenque’s official facebook page.
They shared about this contest through a post their official Facebook page:
The post is as follows:
And our anniversary week ends!
It’s been a blast, and we’re so thankful to every one of you for the last 34 years.
Congrats to all of the winners, and all of you who participated, and/or indulged in some Taco P favorites along the way.
We can’t wait for 35!