How to make Ranchero Eggs
Ranchero Eggs from Taco Palenque is one of the most favourite dishes of the chain that includes a delicious combination of 3 fried eggs, served over 2 golden tortillas and dipped in our delicious “salsa ranchera” (tomatoes and Mexican spices blend). You can order this dish during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Rancheros (3 eggs) from Taco Palenque features 3 fried eggs, tortillas, and Salsa Ranchera as its main ingredients. So, let us know all the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish at home.
- 3 large eggs
- 2, 6-inch round tortillas
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 cup pico de gaillo
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips for garnishing
For Salsa Ranchera
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers (or serrano peppers if you want a hotter version)
- ½ large white or yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
- To prepare Salsa Ranchera, slice the tomatoes and jalapenos in half lengthwise and set them onto a cast iron pan or baking sheet, keeping the skin sides up. Then add the onion and garlic cloves to the pan.
- Now you need to keep the pan into the center of the oven and broil for about 20 minutes, or until the skins of the tomatoes and peppers blister up. Make sure tomatoes and jalapenos do not burn.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Now remove the skins from the tomatoes, peppers and garlic. Blend the tomatoes, peppers, garlic and onion in a food processor along with cilantro and salt. Blend until the paste becomes smooth.
- Season with salt to taste and the salsa is ready.
- To prepare the Ranchero eggs, fry onion and green pepper in a medium skillet and cover the lid and let it cook until it becomes tender.
- Then crack an egg and place in a small bowl without breaking the yolk. Put the lid on the skillet and poach on medium low heat for about 3-4 minutes for soft cooked eggs or 7-8 minutes for hard cooked eggs. Prepare all the eggs in the same way.
- During the last minute, remove the lid and sprinkle cheese on the top of each egg. Cover to let the cheese melt.
- Remove each egg using a solid spatula and place on a tortilla. Garnish with salsa ranchera and corn tortilla chips. Your dish is ready to serve.
- Eat fresh and enjoy.
There are 940 calories in 1 serving of Rancheros (3 eggs) from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Rancheros (3 eggs) from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 serving (428g)
- Calories: 940
- Fat cal(g): 580
- Fat (g): 66
- Saturated fat: 16
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 635
- Sodium (mg): 1170
- Carbs (g): 47
- Fiber (g): 17
- Sugar (g): 2
- Prot (g): 33
- Vit A %: 40%
- Vit C %: 15%
- Calcium%: 15%
- Iron %: 30%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile
Taco Palenque in New Braunfels is an excellent choice for Tex-Mex fast food. My husband and I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Our favorite is the Street Tacos, beef or pork, served with the best beans and caramelized onions. You can help yourself to a condiments bar with all kinds of salsas, picos, jalapeños, warm tortilla chips, etc. We love all of it! Give them a try, you’ll love the food and the friendly staff.
Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 28 April 2019
You can't go wrong with breakfast tacos. And Taco Palenque knows how to do them right. Clean dining room. Fast service. Good food.
Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile
I stopped for a burrito and a few tacos....beef fajitas were very flavorful. Burritos are hefty and a great value for the price! Meat tastes like they marinade it with seasinings. My wife and I were full from our humble drive thru order. We will definitely ride again to Taco Palenque!
Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile
Everything I have eaten here is excellent. You cannot go wrong. The Matamoros taco is my favorite, grilled sirloin and avocado! The salsa bar is a nice touch. Just wish there was a Taco Palenque closer to me!
Date of visit: November 2018
The Most Popular Queries
What kind of sauce is Ranchero Sauce?
Ranchero sauce is a piquant tomato -based sauce that includes onions, green chillies, such as serranos or jalapenos, and seasonings.
What's the difference between Ranchero Sauce and salsa sauce?
Both the sauces are cooked and both use similar ingredients, but they differ in taste. Salsa features a strong tomato taste, ranchero sauce gives more onion flavour. The ranchero sauce will come in a coarse texture. It has a picante tomato flavour that comes in "ranch" style.
Latest News of Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque solved a few queries on re-opening of dining area in their Texas branch
MAY 11, 2020: Taco Palenque opens its doors following the recommendations of the Governor of Texas with excellence and without compromising our guests’ and hosts’ health. We are following thoroughly the safety and hygiene measures that our authorities demand in our community.
CAN I FEEL SAFE ENJOYING MY FOOD IN THE TACO PALENQUE DINING ROOM?
Yes, as we continue to execute the highest standards of cleaning and disinfection.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU DISINFECT?
In the restrooms, every time a guest or a host uses them.
On tables and chairs, after the guest is done with the meal.
In the kitchen, every time the hosts switch from one activity to another.
HOW IS SOCIAL DISTANCING ENFORCED?
We have placed signage on the floors that will give you the guidance to social distancing.
Our dine-in area is operating only at 25% its capacity with tables 6ft apart from one another.
IS THE SALSA BAR AVAILABLE?
Not at the moment. However, your favourite salsas will be served with your order or available at the counter.
HOW WILL I GET MY ORDER IN THE DINING ROOM?
After ordering, we will ask you for your full name and we will call you as soon as the order is ready.
CAN I REFILL MY DRINKS AT THE SODA FOUNTAIN?
Yes, a host at the soda fountain will be refilling your drink in a new cup.
WHO IS MAKING SURE ALL THE RULES AND DETAILS ARE ENFORCED IN ALL AREAS OF THE RESTAURANT?
The Manager of each store will be supervising and ensuring that social distancing is maintained, preventing group gatherings and that all the hygiene measures are enforced and performed. Also, the manager will assure the presence of runners, hosts, and bussers at the soda fountain to assist you anytime.