Queso Loaded Fries
How to make Queso Loaded Fries
Queso Loaded Fries from Del Taco features crinkle-cut fries topped with seasoned beef, creamy Queso Blanco, hand-grated cheddar cheese, fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream and sliced jalapenos.
If you want to prepare this recipe at home, you can follow the recipe below. But before preparing the menu, you need to arrange the ingredients so that you won’t face any further hassles during the preparation process.
Queso Loaded Fries features crinkle cut fries, seasoned beef, and cheddar cheese as three main ingredients. However, they also take a few other exotic ingredients that make the dish so yummy.
We have divided the ingredients into three parts; main ingredients, ingredients for seasoning, and the ones we need to prepare crinkle cut fries. Let us know all the ingredients that you need to keep handy while preparing this dish at home.
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Del Taco Queso blanco
- Paprika powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Pepper powder
For Crinkle cut fries
- 4 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
Seasoned Beef Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, switch on the pan and heat oil in the pan over low-medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add ground beef to the oil.
- Cook the beef for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes golden brown, while stirring the beef occasionally in oil over low-medium flame.
- When you are done with the meat, drain the excess grease. Now, it’s time to season the beef.
- Add salt, paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper powder to the meat.
- Stir for about 1-2 minutes or until the seasoning blends well with the meat. Add 1 cup of water and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- After you are done with the meat, switch off the flame and keep aside. The texture of seasoned beef should not be liquid at all; liquid texture may make the fries mushy after you assemble it.
Crinkle Cut Fries Preparation
- To make crinkle cut fries, cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-wide strips with a waffle cutter.
- Place a frying pan in gas stove over low-medium heat. Add vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches. When the oil is warm, gently add the potatoes potato strips, in batches. Cook them over low-medium heat until the potatoes become lightly golden, but not brown, which will take approximately 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Drain the potato strips on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, and your crinkle cut fries are ready
To assemble The Queso Loaded Fries
- In a plate place crinkle cut fries, add seasoned beef over it. Add diced tomatoes, jalapenos, grated cheddar cheese, and sour cream over it. To finish it up, add Del Taco’s queso blanco over it.
- Now your queso loaded fries are ready to it. Serve and enjoy.
There are 650 calories in 1 serving of Queso Loaded Fries from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat and carbohydrates. Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from queso loaded fries from Del Taco.
- Servings: 1 serving
- Calories: 650 (2720 kJ)
- Total Fat: 42 g (65%)
- Saturated Fat: 15 g (75%)
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg (23%)
- Sodium: 1470 mg (61%)
- Total Carbohydrate: 47 g (16%)
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g (20%)
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
Well I like del taco. From the prices to the pollo asoda..tuesday deals to Thursday deals. You guessed it today's Tuesday and I got the queso loaded fries with 2 three pack of value tacos the cashier asked me did I want soft or hard. I asked for soft and still got hard.
The Most Popular Queries
Can I bake the crinkle cut fries instead of frying them?
Ans: Yes, you can bake them in oven until they become crispy, instead of frying them in oil. Frying makes the fries oily and adds more calories. If you want to avoid calories and make it all healthy, you can avoid frying them.
What is queso blanco?
Ans: Queso Blanco is a cream white queso dip specially served at Del Taco restaurant, whuich you can prepare without giving a lot of effort. This creamy, cheesy Queso Blanco is made on the stovetop using just 4 ingredients; white cheese, heavy cream, jalapeño and tomato!
Del Taco replaces Nacho Cheese with Queso Blanco
Del Taco has announced to cut nacho cheese from its menu. Instead, the West Coast Mexican fast-food chain will launch their new queso blanco from August 2017.
The queso will be available as a cheesy dip, as well as an ingredient in dishes such as the Queso Crunch Taco, Queso Loaded Nachos, Queso Bean Burrito, and Queso Fries. Executives told Business Insider that they weren't too concerned that customers would get angry about the chain "dumping the cheese pump," reported by Business Insider.
According to CEO John Cappasola, customers during tests preferred the queso blanco more, which the chain spent 15 months developing to the existing nacho cheese.
The white, cheesy dip is rich, with a slight bite from pickled jalapenos. It's perfect for both dipping chips and smothering fries.
Most importantly, Del Taco found a way to replicate queso's creamy consistency without using artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.