Power Menu Burrito
How to make Power Menu Burrito
The power menu burrito is a famous menu item of the Mexican chain of restaurants; Taco Bell. The dish features marinated grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo and avocado ranch dressing wrapped up in a tortilla. As the name suggests the tortilla is folded into a shape of a burrito. The dish is full of calories and nutrition and is considered not less than a complete meal.
If you want to give it a try in your kitchen then you can follow this recipe to prepare this menu item at home. First of all let us know the ingredients that you need to prepare this recipe.
We have divided the ingredients into two parts; the first part includes the ingredients needed for chicken marinade preparation and the second part includes various other ingredients that you need to prepare a power menu burrito. This recipe will prepare eight servings.
For Chicken Marinade
- 1 fresh tomatillo
- 1 white onion, cut into quarters
- ½ fresh Anaheim Green Chile, seeds and veins removed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Avocado-Ranch Dressing-
- 1/8 cup ranch dressing
- 1/8 cup buttermilk
- ½ avocado
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo
- Shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Sour cream
- 8 large flour tortillas
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish first you have to combine all of the ingredients in a blender for the marinade. Process all the ingredients until you get a smooth texture. Pour the mixture into a large zip lock bag.
- Then add the chicken breasts to this mixture and seal the bag. Place the zip lock bag into the refrigerator to allow the chicken to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Then combine avocado, ranch dressing, buttermilk, salt, and sour cream in a blender. Blend all the ingredients until they become smooth. Cover the mixture and refrigerate until you need it for the dish preparation.
- Now it’s time to grill the chicken. For this you have to gently grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Take out the chicken breasts from the marinade and place onto the grill. Cook each side for about 5-6 minutes per side or until the chicken is fully cooked. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F. Turn the sides as per the requirement. After you are done with the chicken, remove the chicken from the grill and slice it into thin strips.
- To assemble the power menu burrito, spread a little of the avocado ranch dressing onto the center of a tortilla. Place some romaine lettuce, some of the grilled chicken pieces, and add on some cheese as per your choice. Add a little guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo on it. Roll up the tortillas into a burrito.
- Serve them hot and fresh.
There are 430 calories in a Power Menu Burrito from Taco Bell; most of the calories come from fat and carbohydrate. Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from a power menu burrito.
For a Serving Size of 1 burrito (238.2g)
- Calories 430
- Calories from Fat 171 (39.8%)
- Total Fat 19g -
- Saturated fat 6g -
- Cholesterol 20mg -
- Sodium 940.1mg 40%
- Carbohydrates 52g -
- Net carbs 43g -
- Sugar 4g -
- Fiber 9g 37%
- Protein 14g
- Vitamins and minerals
- Vitamin A 360μg 40%
- Vitamin C 54mg 90%
- Calcium 300mg 31%
- Iron 1.6mg 20%
- Fatty acids
- Amino acids
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
Feb 15, 2019 Verified customer Review updated: Feb 16, 2019
I went to your Taco Bell for your Power Menu Burrito with chicken today and what a waste of money!! I ordered 2 of them and paid $12.00 for these. The only thing that was in them was lettuce and sour cream! That was it!! No chicken at all.
That was the all time worst burrito I have ever had.
It would be nice for a refund. I was there 2/15/19 at 1:33
Order # 369966
Verified 3 years ago
I like the bowl better but both are good. Double meat, romaine lettuce, guac, pico, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and avocado ranch sauce. The bowl has rice and black beans as well
The Most Popular Queries
What is Taco Bell’s Veggie power menu?
Ans: The Veggie Power Menu Bowl is a popular Taco Bell menu item that features rice, black beans, cheese, romaine lettuce (see, vegetables), guacamole, pico de gallo, and creamy avocado ranch sauce. However you can skip the sour cream if you want to reduce fat. You can also customize it with a scoop of steak or chicken if you want to add some extra protein to the dish.
Can I customize power menu burrito at Taco Bell?
Ans: You can customize the Taco Bell menu items if you want to reduce calories. You can check the calorie meter at Taco Bell chain to find out the high calorie ingredients. If you want to skip any of the items then you can do that while ordering the menu item. However, you can add your choice of meat instead of chicken if you wish to.
Taco Bell revamps the menu, says goodbye to nine menu items including power menu burrito.
Taco bell has announced to say goodbye to few of its menu items including Power Menu Burrito and XXL grilled stuft burrito. The chain confirmed this news through a blog post.
“Have you ever had that moment (or several moments, no judgment) where you just want to chop all your hair off, buy new clothes and get a fresh, new start? Well, we kind of did a thing,” the blog post says. “With fall on the horizon, we thought this would be a great moment for us to kick off the new season in style. Beginning September 12th, 2019, we’re revamping our menu, reported by Alternative Press.
The items that the chain has decided to remove from the menu include: Beefy Mini Quesadilla, Chips & Salsa, Chipotle Chicken Loaded Griller, Double Decker® Taco, Cool Ranch & Fiery Doritos® Locos Tacos, Double Tostada, Power Menu Burrito, and XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito.
The change in the menu items is expected to happen from September 12, 2019. You can log in to Taco Bell’s website to check the new revamped menu items available at the chain.