Potato and Chorizo Taco
How to make Potato and Chorizo Taco
Potato and Chorizo Tacos from Taco Palenque restaurant include Mexican- style Chorizo, cheese, and crispy diced potatoes wrapped inside a flour tortilla. You can order this dish from the restaurant during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Potato and Chorizo Taco from Taco Palenque features Mexican style chorizo and crispy diced potatoes as its two main ingredients. Besides these two ingredients the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to arrange during the time of preparation of this dish at home.
- 1 pound rosette potatoes
- ½ pound chorizo
- ½ medium white onion
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- Salsa Verde
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
Method of Preparation
TACO FILLING PREPARATION
- To begin with this recipe, first you need to remove the outer membrane from the chorizo.
- Then peel the potatoes. Chop the potatoes into ¼" pieces. Now finely chop the onion.
- Switch on the gas stove and place a pan over it. And then heat 4 tablespoons of cooking oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped potatoes to the pan and stir occasionally to coat the potatoes with oil.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and stir again. Cook the potatoes for about 3 minutes and then add the chopped white onion to it. Cook the onions and potatoes together for 5 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Add the chorizo to it and stir to coat well with the onion mixture. You have to cook the potato, onion chorizo mixture for about 10 minutes. Drain the excess grease and adjust the salt if it is required.
TO SERVE TACOS
- Chop the spring onions.
- Warm the tortillas on a pan and do not overcook them.
- Put 1 tablespoon of filling on each tortilla and top with cheese, chopped spring onions and a spoonful of salsa.
- Fold the tortilla into a taco and warm on the pan a little until the cheese melts. This will take you about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot and fresh to enjoy.
There are 300 calories in 1 serving of Potato and Chorizo Taco from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Potato and Chorizo Taco from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (119g)
- Calories: 300
- Fat cal(g): 110
- Fat (g): 13
- Saturated fat: 4
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 10
- Sodium (mg): 440
- Carbs (g): 31
- Fiber (g): 3
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 8
- Vit A %: 20%
- Vit C %: 15%
- Calcium%: 2%
- Iron %: 8%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
San Angelo, TX
Great place!! Always great fajitas, fresh salsas and great beverages. Place is pricey but you do get food that is well worth it. However, not so much when you carry out. It's been twice that I pick up fajita parrillada for 2 x 3, like 80 bucks and I get home and find order was screwed up!! It was my turn to entertain the family and it was my mom's birthday. Wanted everything laid out ready to eat as soon as family arrived. To my unwelcome surprise I find I was shorted. There I go jumping into my car and hauling it to Taco Palenque. They were very nice and were sincere in their apology but I was still perturbed that I had food getting cold and family on their way to my house for dinner. So I recommend Taco Palenque for dinning in but not for carry out!!
PS. When they gave me the rice and the beans I was shorted they also gave me the avocado for one of the parrilladas, so once again I was shorted. Didn't want to argue I had somewhere to be.
Let me just talk about their chips and salsa area. I love that there are so many choices of salsas and fresh toppings. At some restaurants, it's obvious the stuff is store bought. This has a fresh taste and is kept clean. The chips are nice and crunchy. Not stale nor soggy. My caldo de res was very good too. I like that the meat was chopped up for me. I would say it is a little pricey for what is considered to be a "fast food" place, but definitely worth it. The staff was polite and tended to me quickly. Will be back soon!
Had dinner last night, upon arrival order taker greeted us. We ordered some panchos and a taco casero with a drink. Drink station was clean and I served myself the Jamaica drink, very refreshing. Restaurant clean all around. Order was taken to the table. Panchos were done delicious and well served. The taco casero was the same. Great service overall and good was on point. Highly recommended!!!
The Most Popular Queries
Can I store Potato and Chorizo Taco in the refrigerator?
Ans: yes, you can store Potato and Chorizo Taco in the refrigerator. You just need to wrap it in foil and keep it in a zip-lock bag to store in the refrigerator> to reheat the taco, you have to place it in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes warm both from inside and out. Remember do not overcook the taco, else the tortilla will harden and will not give the desired taste.
Latest News about Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque launched their app
Taco Palenque restaurant has launched their app recently, through which you can now order food without any hassles, reported by their facebook page, Taco Palenque, New Braunfels, TX .
They have made this announcement on their official facebook page, Taco Palenque, New Braunfels, TX through a post.
The post is as follows:
Your next meal is calling!
What will you order?
Grab our app and order today
You can download their app by visiting the below link: