How to make Pirata
It is the tradition of Taco Palenque, which includes two flour tortillas stuffed with juicy Fajitas, refried beans and Cheddar cheese. If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Pirata from Taco Palenque features juicy fajita, refried beans and cheddar cheese as its main ingredients. Besides these, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- ½ tbsp of coarsely ground black peppercorn
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 pounds outside skirt steaks
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- Refried beans
- Nacho Queso
- Salsa of your choice for serving
Method of Preparation
- To prepare the steak, you need to place steaks in a gallon-sized zipper-lock bag and add remaining marinade. Seal bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Then massage the bag until the meat is fully coated in marinade.
- Now lay this marinated meat flat in the refrigerator, turning the bag every couple of hours, for at least 3 hours and up to 12 hours. When the meat is ready to cook, remove streaks from marinade, wipe off excess marinade, and then transfer to a large dish.
- Now warm up the grill to medium high heat, and grill for about 4 minutes per side or until you think it is perfectly cooked. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a pan heat 3 tbsp of avocado oil on high flame. Add mushrooms and refried beans and cook for 1-2 mins. Then add queso, cheese, and ¼ cup vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, while stirring along the way to avoid scorching.
- Wam the tortillas in a pan and do not overcook them.
- Bake the beans in an oven for up to 10 minutes or until it is done.
- To serve the dish, lay the tortillas one over the other. Add a spoonful of meat, refried beans and cheese on it. Fold it like a taco and warm a little on the pan until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with salsa to enjoy.
There are 680 calories in 1 serving of Pirata from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Pirata from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (224g)
- Calories: 680
- Fat cal(g): 350
- Fat (g): 39
- Saturated fat: 17
- Trans fat(g): 1
- Cholesterol (mg): 60
- Sodium (mg): 1300
- Carbs (g): 47
- Fiber (g): 10
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 35
- Vit A %: 8%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Iron %: 20%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
To whom it may concern, I love my hometown and when I visit I love to visit Taco Palenque for the famous Pirata Taco. I must say today was a very uncomfortable experience with your air conditioning not functioning. I know a place of business must go on .... but please repair the AC. It is detrimental to our health and to your employees!!! If you need AC repair I will send you some contacts they work on Sunday's as well. Your loyal consumer Margarita
I had not eaten all day and had a very long drive from Austin. Taco Palenque was highly recommended to me (I had sampled one location in San Antonio previously.) Not sure what the difference was, but this place was excellent. I ordered 3 tacos and they were so large I could only finish 2 and took 1 back to the hotel. I ordered the Pirata taco which was a very generous portion of delicious beef fajita meat with beans and cheese. Once I topped it with a generous amount of salsa verde and pico de gallo & cilantro it was truly delicious. The picadillo taco came out pipping hot and was perfectly seasoned and delicious. Again, I enhanced the taco with salsa and pico and it was excellent! I really loved the large salsa bar with an amazing selection of salsas and toppings to select from. I came in mid-afternoon and it was not very busy so my tacos arrived quickly. I was impressed with the number of staff that were very diligent in refreshing the salsa bar and making sure any spills were immediately cleaned up. That has to be a real challenge during busy times, but they did a great job. As I was only in Laredo one night, I promised myself another visit before leaving town. Having grown up in San Antonio, I realized this restaurant is what Taco Cabana has wanted to be all these years!
My favorite is the Pirata Taco and the Panchitos. If you are visiting Laredo you have to have TP. It's iconic and delicious!!!!!
San Antonio, TX
Since I'm from the area where Taco Palenque originated, I seriously probably have had Taco Palenque food close to a hundred times in my life. I was surprised that I hadn't reviewed any in San Antonio. For this Taco Palenque, I definitely noticed a few differences in the menu, compared to the ones in Laredo. Didn't matter much, as the food tastes the same. My only negative feedback about Taco Palenque is that their food is overpriced, compared to other Mexican Restaurants. However, I would say the food at Taco Palenque is solid! I actually use Taco Palenque as a measuring standard for other Mexican restaurants: if the food is better than Taco Palenque that place is great, if not then it's mediocre and not worth my time.
Now to get to the food here, the Piratas are delicious. Three simple ingredients in a taco that work marvelously together: beans, fajita, and cheese. Usually one pirata fills me up, unless I'm really starving. The other types of tacos are also solid, from the Matamoros to Casero. My favorite item at Taco Palenque are the Panchos. I can't really explain it, but their cheese, beans, fajita, and avocado (and green salsa) just do the trick for me each time, especially at night. Overall would recommend Taco Palenque to anyone near the area.
The Most Popular Queries
What's the best way to make a taco shell?
Ans: You can fry a tortilla in a skillet; you need to warm it over a stove's gas burner using tongs or you can microwave it beneath a damp paper towel. You can also wrap it in aluminium foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
Latest News of Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque is bringing back carne guisada Plate
July 27: Taco Palenque is bringing back one of its most popular menu items; Carne Guisada to its menu list. The restaurant has announced about this on their official facebook page. The dish features beef cuts, potatoes and guisada sauce.
The post is as follows:
Our Carne Guisada Plate is back to celebrate #FreshMex.
Come and taste our juicy cuts of beef mixed with soft potatoes and our exquisite guisada sauce.