Nachos Al Pastor
How to make Nachos Al Pastor
Nachos Al pastor from Chronic Taco is served on a platter that features cooked pork in pineapple juice and nacho chips along with avocado slices, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and salsa.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Nachos Al pastor from Chronic Taco includes cooked pork in pineapple juice and nacho chips as its two main ingredients. Besides these two ingredients, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- 1 tomato
- 3 dried guajillo chile peppers, seeded
- 2 dried ancho chile peppers, seeded
- 1 pineapple, sliced ¾ -inch thick
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 onion, quartered
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, thinly sliced
- Corn tortillas, cut in shape of nacho chips and deep fried in oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
Method of Preparation
- To prepare the recipe, cook tomato on a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat until it becomes slightly blackened, which will take you about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool until you can easily handle it. Peel off skin and remove its seeds.
- Now boil a small pot of water. Add guajillo and ancho chile pepper, cook until the peppers are a little softened, which will take you about 5 minutes. Drain the water and keep the peppers aside.
- Then combine tomato flesh, softened chile peppers, 2 slices pineapple, orange juice, quartered onion, vinegar, chipotle peppers, salt, garlic, cloves, cumin seeds, and oregano in a blender; blend until all the ingredients become smooth.
- Now arrange pork slices in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Then add the blended spices mixture over pork, while ensuring that all sides are evenly coated. Then cover the baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to overnight.
- Then cook remaining pineapple slices on a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat until they are slightly blackened and soft, which will take you about 5 minutes per side. Then chop the pineapple into small pieces.
- Now wipe out the grill pan and preheat over medium-high heat and cook marinated pork in the hot pan, turning once, until browned, which will take you about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Chop pork coarsely into small pieces.
- To assemble the nachos platter, add a spoonful of cooked pork in a plate, add pineapple, chopped onion, and cilantro. Then top it with onions, guacamole, avocado slices, nacho chips, sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro, and your favourite salsa.
There are 1060 calories in 1 serving of Nachos AL Pastor from Chronic Taco; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Nachos AL Pastor from Chronic Taco.
- Serving Size: 1 platter
- Calories: 1060
- Calories from Fat: 450
- Total Fat (g): 51 (78%)
- Saturated Fat (g): 25 (125%)
- Trans Fat (g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 165 (55%)
- Sodium (mg): 1580 (66%)
- Total Carbohydrates (g): 98 (33%)
- Dietary Fiber (g): 8 (32%)
- Sugars (g); 10
- Protein (g): 54 (20%)
- Vitamin A: 1%
- Vitamin C: 100%
- Calcium: 10%
- Iron: 222%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: https://www.menuwithnutrition.com/chronic-tacos-menu-nutrition/
Yorba Linda, CA
Have gone a few times now and have only ordered tacos and nachos but they've been great !! Service is ok but it's fast food !! So five stars for the food
Yorba Linda, CA
This place opened (again kinda) this week. They were trying their hardest at customer service. They achieved it.
My food was perfect. I went for the nachos with chicken and just about everything else. The refried beans were very good. The chicken was decent. I had guacamole on mine and that was superb by itself. They added just the right amount of cheese and they melted it on the chips.
I had a great time and refill on the drinks was free if you ask. (Behind the counter)
There used to be a Chronic in the shopping center on the opposite corner down the street but this one seems better.
Apparently they have potato tacos so I must come back for those.
For a newly opened place they were off to a great start.
First time to chronic taco and I must say I was impressed it's like a chipotle but on steroids the meats are tastier they burritos are healthier as in size the do not cheat you they pile it on burritos are pretty fat the nachos are for two or three people so if you get a chance swing by you won't be disappointed
The More Related Queries
How can I save calories in Nacho Al pastor?
Ans: You can save calories by not frying corn tortilla chips in oil. You can fry them in an air fryer to avoid the extra calories.
Chronic Taco opens their doors to newest U.S. location with prizes, performances and eating contest on July 16
July 05, 2016, ALISO VIEJO, Calif. – To celebrate the latest Southern California location, Chronic Tacos is firing up the grill for an unforgettable event of the summer. Palmdale stands as one of the first of Chronic Tacos’ California openings this year and on July 16, guests will have a chance to meet Jason “Wee Man” Acuña and have access to free food samples, live music and exclusive giveaways, reported by Franchising.com.
The Palmdale Chronic Tacos Grand Opening Party will run from 10 a.m. through 1 pm. and include a variety of interactive events including:
The opportunity to compete in an amateur taco-eating contest where the winner will receive a $100 Chronic Tacos gift card
One free taco for the first 50 guests to line-up
A chance to meet with professional skateboarder and television personality, Jason “Wee Man” Acuña
A live Mariachi band performance
“The Taco Life vision began in Southern California and we’ve remained dedicated to our roots,” said Michael Mohammed, Chronic Tacos CEO. “Having celebrated the recent success of Valencia’s opening and now in Palmdale, we’re excited to continue our California roll-out with five more restaurants to offer even more access to high-quality, authentic Mexican recipes to our local communities.”
With every new location, Chronic Tacos remains a strong community leader, dedicated to their guests and the growth of each local area. In an effort to continue these efforts, 20% of the event’s sales will be donated to Grace Resources, a local nonprofit committed to helping the community’s underprivileged.
In addition to California developments, Chronic Tacos continues their rapid momentum from coast to coast. The fast casual franchise has celebrated restaurant openings in Alabama, Arizona, North Carolina, Washington and Utah with anticipation of even more restaurant locations in Las Vegas, Arizona and Colorado.
The grand opening party was held at the Palmdale Chronic Tacos location at 39604 10th Street West Suite B1, Palmdale, CA 93