How to make Mini Churros
Mini Churro is a crispy and sweet dish from Del Taco that is prepared by frying sweetened flour dough in oil. However, you can place the churros on a lined sheet and cook in an oven to save some calories that you may get out of the oil during frying.
If you want to prepare this recipe at home, you can follow the recipe below. But before preparing the menu, you need to arrange the ingredients so that you won’t face any further hassles during the preparation process.
This is a sweet dish and hence uses sugar as one of its main ingredients. To prepare this dish, you will need the following ingredients, which are quiet easy to find in your kitchen.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon 1/4 cup and 1 granulated sugar (separate)
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- canola or vegetable oil
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
Method of Preparation
- To start with the recipe, fill a pot with 2 inches of oil. Heat oil until it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a candy thermometer to check the temperature.
- Place a saucepan on the gas stove over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the water until it dissolves. Simmer for a few minutes; this will create a simple sugar syrup.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon in another bowl and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon oil and mix them well.
- Gradually add the simple syrup to the mixture and mix well.
- After the oil becomes hot, add dollops of dough to the hot oil using a teaspoon measuring spoon. You can use a pastry bag with a metal piping tip to give your churros more defined shape.
- Cook the churros for 30 to 45 seconds, flipping halfway. Work in small batches to prevent the churros stick with each other.
- Using a slotted spoon, place the churros on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Toss in cinnamon sugar mixture until completely covered. Serve fresh with chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, or with your favourite dip and enjoy.
There are 200 calories in 1 serving of Mini Churros (2 pc.) from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat and carbohydrates. Let us discuss all the nutrients that you get from 1 serving of Mini Churros (2 pc.) from Del Taco
- Serving size (weight): 51g
- Calories (Kcal): 200
- Calories from Fat (Kcal): 90
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Dietary fibre: 1g
- Total Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 8%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron : 0%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutritional Facts Source: www.deltaco.com
Oceanside, CA, 11/5/2019
I placed an order with Azuree the cashier at Del Taco and only had to wait about 5 minutes before she acknowledged me. Today was Del Taco Night! I received a discounted price of $2.96 off the total amount of my purchase this afternoon. Their also was a (special sale) on all of their tacos. I bought 6 hard shell tacos @ $1.59 each the total came up to $9.54 and I also ordered 2 Mini Churros @ $1.00 each to = $2.00. My total purchase came up to $9.29.
The hard shell tacos consisted of (ground beef, mild taco seasoning, lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese). These tacos were good and the mini cinnamon Churros was delicious.
This location was fairly busy tonight during the dinner time rush hour.
Azuree and the rest of the employees was very welcoming and polite. I received excellent customer service from the Del Taco crew.
Posted February 7th, 2013 | 4:39pm by Erin Jax
Before tasting all three Mini Desserts from Jack in the Box, including the Mini Cookies, Mini Churros, and Brownie Bites, I had no preconceived notion of Jack’s dessert prowess. My experience at the San Diego-based chain has been limited to tasting burgers and sandwiches, with varying levels of success. But cookies, brownies, and churros are tough to completely bungle, and with each item priced within pocket change territory (just $1 each), I set my satisfaction bar low enough for a dachshund puppy to surpass.
The Mini Churros were the worst of the bunch. The cinnamon and sugar flecked husk was dry, and inside, there was gob of cool and slimy batter. Take a bite, and it’ll squish out onto your tongue. Not good, even at 2 a.m. (Del Taco does a much better churro for the same price).
The Most Popular Queries
How can I serve mini churros?
Ans: Mini churros can be served with sliders, tater tots, and mini pancakes. You can easily split the mini churros and share, which makes them a perfect addition to your brunch party menu. The dough of the churro is also surprisingly easy to make from scratch; no addotional skills needed for this.
How can I make churros interesting?
Ans: Sprinkle cinnamon powder on the churros to add extra flavour and taste. You can dip them with vanilla shake and enjoy the taste.
DEL TACO LAUNCHES DESSERT WITH A “CHURRO SPOON”
Lake Forest, CA – May 24, 2018 – For too long, fast food fans have had to use flavorless plastic utensils to enjoy milkshakes. Well no more, as starting today, Del Taco Restaurants, Inc. (NASDAQ: TACO), the nation’s second leading Mexican quick service restaurant,* is taking shake consumption to a whole new level with its newest dessert item, the Churro Dipper Shake. Now available nationwide on Del Taco’s new Late Night Bites Menu the, Churro Dipper Shake features a warm, crispy cinnamon churro dipped in a creamy Vanilla shake with chocolate swirls, reported by Del Taco.
“For as long as I can remember, we’ve been forced to choose between a straw and a spoon to enjoy our favorite shakes,” said Barry Westrum, Del Taco’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Inspired by our fans’ passion for deliciously Instagrammable content, we wanted to go all in with a fun and craveable late-night offering, perfect for the warm summer nights ahead.”
The Churro Dipper Shake is just one of Del Taco’s three delicious menu offerings on the company’s new Late Night Bites Menu sure to entice the night owls, whether they are picking up a graveyard shift or leaving an after-party. The full late night menu includes:
- NEW Queso Loaded Fries: Crinkle-Cut Fries topped with seasoned beef, creamy Queso Blanco, hand-grated cheddar cheese, fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream and sliced jalapeños.
- NEW Regular Size Queso Loaded Nachos: House-made chips piled high and loaded with a choice of seasoned beef, fresh grilled chicken or fresh grilled carne asada steak, slow-cooked beans made from scratch, and creamy Queso Blanco, all topped with sour cream, fresh diced tomatoes, and sliced jalapeños. Available as Regular Size on the Late Nights Bites Menu, and Large on the existing menu.
- NEW Churro Dipper Shake: A crispy cinnamon churro dipped in a Vanilla shake with chocolate swirls.
“At Del Taco, we’ve discovered that the churro is more than just a delicious cinnamon and sugar-doused pastry,” Westrum added. “Its ridges are the perfect tool for collecting and savoring the leftover chocolate sauce and ice cream that the straw couldn’t quite get.”
While the Late Night Bites Menu was inspired by fans who crave Del Taco outside the traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner hours, the three menu items are available all day and night.