Mini Cheddar Quesadilla
How to make Mini Cheddar Quesadilla
Del Taco’s mini cheddar quesadilla is a popular menu among the foodie fans, which features cheddar cheese as the main ingredient, folded in a flour tortilla and baked in a pre-heated oven. This menu belongs to Del Taco’s Dollar menu. It is a very simple and delicious dish that gained popularity among the food lovers over time, due to its simplicity and exotic filling.
If you are feeling a bit lazy and do not want to visit the chain, you can prepare this recipe right at your kitchen by using a few simple ingredients. So, let us know the ingredients first.
Del Taco’s mini cheddar quesadilla is a very simple yet delicious dish. It takes only a few ingredients to prepare this dish at home. If you are planning to make mini quesadilla in your own kitchen, you can go through the following ingredients that you need to keep handy while preparing the dish.
- 2 packages street taco sized flour tortillas
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 jar Salsa Verde
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Method of Preparation
- To prepare the recipe, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the grated cheese with ¼ - ½ jar of the salsa verde. You can change the quantity depending on your taste preference. Combine them together.
- Place two sheet pans with tinfoil.
- Then grease the foil with the stick of butter and sprinkle the sea salt onto the buttered foil.
- Now it’s time to prepare the tortillas; each mini flour tortilla features a plain side and a side with grilled marks, apply butter on the grilled looking side and place that side down onto the sheet pan.
- You can place 6 small tortillas onto each sheet pan.
- Repeat the same procedure for rest of the tortillas and place all the 12 tortillas on both the pans keeping the buttered side down.
- Add more than a tablespoon of the cheese salsa mixture onto the center of each flour tortilla. Now you are done with the procedure.
- Bake the tortillas for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- After you are done with the procedure, take the pan out of the oven. Try to fold each of the mini quesadilla in half, while gently pressing the sides together.
- Then gently move the foil with the quesadillas on it and bring them off the pan. Now, repeat the same process with the second batch of 12 tortillas.
- Your mini cheddar quesadillas are ready to eat now. Serve hot and enjoy.
You can store these quesadillas by preparing them a day head. After preparing the quesadillas, allow them to cool and then refrigerate until you serve them.
You can reheat these quesadilla by placing them on a foil lined sheet pan in a single layer and baking at 350F for 5 minutes until the quesadillas become warm.
Moreover, you can also cut the quesadillas to have more fun.
There are 130 calories in a Cheddar Mini Quesadilla from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (44%) and carbohydrates (41%). Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 mini cheddar quesadilla.
- Serving Size: 1 mini quesadilla
- Calories: 130
- Calories From Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (9%)
- Saturated Fat: 6.0g (30%)
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7%)
- Sodium: 300mg (13%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g (5%)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4%)
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 5g (10%)
- Vitamin A: 2%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 15%
- Iron: 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
JUL 21, 2013
Quesadilla are one of those things I don't order often because they're super easy to make at home. Still, sometimes I find myself at a restaurant and I just want one right there and then.
They aren't kidding when they call this a "mini quesadilla." It is a small snack-sized portion that might be even smaller than one of Taco Bell's mini quesadillas.
The flour tortilla was grilled to a nice, but uneven, thin and crispy brown crust.
The cheddar gives decent coverage and delivers a fairly mild flavor. Cheddar isn't so great for melting though. Blending it with some Jack would improve the melting and add more depth to the flavor. Cheese plus tortilla has always been a great combination.
The bacon was a pleasant surprise here. Del Taco's bacon delivers a good amount of smokiness and porky flavor. It wasn't abundant, but I got at least some bacon in every bite.
I will never eat at another Del Taco again and we used to eat here once a week. I'm unsure how long the scam has been happening. I check my budget continuously and Del Taco took food out of my kids stomachs for dinner, all because I bought them mini cheddar quesadillas for lunch. We don't eat out constantly but I had a very busy and hectic day with appointments and knew we were at the disposal of fast food.
Location: 4705 N US Highway 89, Flagstaff, 8
The Most Popular Queries
How much is a Del Taco mini cheddar quesadilla?
Ans: The mini cheddar quesadilla belongs to the ‘buck and under menu’, means Del Taco offers mini cheddar quesadillas at less than $1. This is simple yet mouth watering dish that you can get at 69 cents from the chain. However, price may vary depending on the location. Hence, you need to check the exact price of mini quesadillas available at your location.
Can I add vegetables in mini cheddar quesadilla?
Ans: Yes, you can add veggies in your favourite mini cheddar quesadilla. If you are a veggie lover, you can add bell peppers or any of your favourite vegetables in it along with cheddar cheese. This will add more nutrition to the dish and will taste awesome even.
Del Taco Revamps its menu; introduces New Salsa Chicken Taco along with mini cheddar quesadilla in their ‘Buck And Under Menu’
“Del Taco emphasises value with its revamped Buck and Under Menu featuring the new Salsa Chicken Taco, launching at participating locations on December 28, 2017,” Chew boom has reported.
The chain has added 15 freshly-prepared items across breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night in their revamped menu. The menus are priced at 69 cents, 89 cents and $1 each.
The new Salsa Chicken Taco is priced at $1, which features fresh grilled chicken, roasted chile salsa, crisp lettuce and fresh-diced tomatoes, wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.
You will also find Mini Cheddar Quesadilla in their “buck and under” menu, which is priced at 69 cents. The mini cheddar quesadilla features hand-grated cheddar cheese folded into a flour tortilla and flat-grilled.