How to make Mexi Wrap Chicken
Mexican chicken wraps from Taco Bell feature tortilla wraps stuffed with cooked chicken seasoned with taco seasoning, along with a few veggies such as chopped spinach, chopped tomatoes, green onions, red onions, bell pepper, and cheddar cheese. You can serve these chicken wraps with your favourite ranch dressing or you can prepare a healthier dressing by mixing Greek yogurt with the taco seasoning and chopped cilantro. This is one of the most favourite dinner menu items of the Taco Bell chain.
If you wish to prepare this dish right in your kitchen then you should know the ingredients that you need to arrange for this dish.
The main ingredient in a mexi-wrap chicken dish is chicken; you should use boneless chicken breasts along with taco seasonings to prepare the chicken. You will also need a few exotic vegetables for this dish along with other ingredients for dressing of the mexi-wrap chicken.
List of Ingredients
For Chicken Preparation
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts , skinless, boneless
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 cups spinach, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 flour tortilla wraps or gluten-free tortillas or sandwich wraps
For dressing we have
given two options; one is the usual way and the other is the healthier option.
For the first option, you can arrange a 1/2 cup Ranch
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or more
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish first you need to prepare the chicken. So in a bowl add chicken and add your favourite taco seasoning and toss the chicken so that the seasoning coats on both sides.
- Place a skillet on gas stove and heat on medium-high flame. Add oil, warm a little, and then add chicken to the oil. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is properly cooked on both sides.
- After you are done with the chicken, remove it from heat and keep the skillet covered to allow chicken to continue cooking off heat until no longer pink remain in the middle. Cool the cooked chicken breasts then slice them into small cubes.
- Combine other vegetables such as spinach, tomatoes, green onions, red onion, red bell pepper, and grated sharp cheddar cheese in a bowl. Add cooked cube chicken to the bowl. Drizzle the veggies and chicken with the desired amount of Ranch dressing (or Greek yogurt based dressing), and toss well so that tye dressing coats the chicken and the veggies well.
- Place the tortillas on a flat pan. Add the chicken and spinach mixture evenly on top of tortilla. Roll up the tortillas. You can use tooth picks at two opposite ends of each tortilla to help it to hold together.
- Now you are ready with your dish. Now, you can serve hot and fresh.
- If you wish to have it later then you can store the mexi-wrap chicken in your refrigerator.
There are a lot of nutrients available in a Mexi-Wrap chicken from taco bell. You will get a lot of calories in it; we get most of the calories in the form of fat and carbohydrate. Let us know the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from a mexi-wrap chicken dish.
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
- Calories: 271
- Calories from Fat: 126
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Sodium: 486mg
- Potassium: 472mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin A: 51%
- Vitamin C: 34%
- Calcium: 11%
- Iron: 11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition fact source: Taco Bell
The Most Popular Queries
How can I serve a mexi-wrap chicken that is stored in refrigerator?
Ans: Heat the stored mexi-wrap chicken in an oven for 5-8 minutes. Now you are ready with your dish. Serve with a side sauce to enjoy the tasty and delicious flavours of this Taco Bell menu.
What are the side dishes that I can serve with a mexi-wrap chicken?
Ans; You can serve Mexican potatoes, Tex Mex rice, and Mexican street fries as side dishes with your favourite Mexi-wrap chicken dish.
Taco Bell introduces a new chicken menu item; Crispy Chicken sandwich Taco
“The Crispy Chicken Taco Sandwich is set to debut on Taco Bell menus on Thursday, March 11, though only a handful of customers will be able to sink their teeth into it, as it will initially only be tested in Nashville, Tennessee and Charlotte, North Carolina. The chain promises, however, that it will debut nationwide later this year. The twist on the chicken sandwich will only cost $2.49,” popculture has reported. Taco bell has confirmed this news on 22 February 2021.
The crispy chicken sandwich taco features premium all-white-meat crispy chicken that is marinated in jalapeño buttermilk and then seasoned with bold Mexican spices and rolled in a crunchy tortilla chip coating. The sandwiches are served in puffy bread; the bread is shaped in a taco form and filled with a piece of crispy tortilla chicken and the creamy chipotle sauce.