How to make Meaty Tostada
Meaty Tostada from Taco Inn restaurant features seasoned and cooked ground beef, cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce leaves, and cilantro, all wrapped in a hard tostada shell.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Meaty Tostada from Taco Inn includes ground beef and tostadas as its main ingredients. Besides this, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ pound ground beef
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 8 corn tostadas (flat, hard taco shells)
- 1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, hot sauce and/or cilantro, for topping
Method of Preparation
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beef and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, breaking up the meat, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and chili powder and cook, stirring, about 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in a small saucepan. Thin the sour cream with about 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
- Spread the beans on the tostadas, then top with the beef and cheese. Drizzle with the sour cream. Top with lettuce, hot sauce and/or cilantro.
There are 450 calories in 1 serving of Meaty Tostada from Taco Inn; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Meaty Tostada from Taco Inn.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 450
- Calories from Fat: 200
- Total Fat: 23g (35%)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 85mg (28%)
- Sodium: 0mg (0%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g (14%)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0%)
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 0g
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: https://www.menuwithprice.com/nutrition/taco-inn/
This was the cheapest place to get great deals on tacos, nachos, tostadas, taco burgers and burritos! Sadly, the Irving location closed about 5 years ago and there are no more in the D/FW Metroplex.
CHECK YOUR ORDER!! On Sunday, October 7th around 5:30 pm, we ordered 2 tostadas, an enchilada and 3 beef soft tacos. AFTER arriving home I found they did not include any of the tacos in my sack. So... I had to spend 30 minutes round trip to return to get my tacos. When I returned maybe 20 minutes later, I asked for my tacos and some kind of voucher for free food for my extreme inconvenience which was entirely their fault. The guy at the window, told me without much sympathy, that they were not allowed to give any kind of compensation for their mistakes. The staff should have some kind of flexibility to make things right with the customers. I won't be going back anytime soon.
Reviewed April 30, 2020 via mobile
I ordered a half deluxe beef nachos and tostada. Tostada was crips and flavorful. The nachos that had cheese on them were good. Definitely skimping on the cheese.
The More Related Queries
What kind of meat do you use to make tostadas?
Ans: You can use any type of meat you like, or leftover meat you have on hand, including ground beef taco meat, cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken will be a very good choice), shredded beef, pork carnitas. You can use shredded lettuce leaves to add more taste to it.
How can I modify the meaty tostada?
Ans: You can modify your favourite meaty tostada by adding your favourite meat and cheese in it. You can also add chicken instead of beef to make it taste even better.