How to make Meat Chalupa
Meat chalupa from Taco Villa is one of the popular menu items at the restaurant that features seasoned ground beef, lettuce leaves, and hand grated cheddar cheese. You can order this recipe at lunch hours from the chain.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the recipe below that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
Meat Chalupa from Taco Villa features ground seasoned beef with lettuce leaves and cheddar cheese. The menu also features a few other ingredients along with these key ingredients. So, let us know what you need to prepare this recipe at home.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of fine salt
- 2 tablespoons of dairy butter
- Full-fat milk 250 ml
- sunflower or other neutral oil
- half pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes
- large handful of cheddar cheese
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, chop the iceberg lettuce and cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Then grate the cheddar cheese and set the toppings aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt, mix all the ingredients well. Then, you need to melt the butter in a small saucepan. Then gradually add the milk to the flour mixture while kneading.
- Now add the melted butter to the flour mixture and knead the dough well. You have to divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll out each part into a circle like a tortilla. Now you can place them directly under a clean kitchen towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Heat a good layer of oil in a large pan. Carefully slide the tortillas in the oil and fry until it becomes golden brown from both sides. Fold the tortilla in half as soon as it is almost ready to give it a shape of chalupa.
- After the chalupa is ready, move it to a plate lined with a paper towel so that it soaks the excess oil. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough and place the fried chalupas under a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm.
- To prepare the beef filling, heat a dash of oil in a skillet and add the ground beef to it. Cook the ground beef for about a few minutes. When it becomes slightly golden brown, add all the seasonings to it. Cook for another 2-3 minutes so that the spices mix well with the beef. When you are done with the beef, switch off the flame and keep aside.
- To assemble the beef chalupa, divide the ground beef and place it inside the chalupas and finish with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese.
- Serve hot to enjoy!
There are 330 calories in 1 serving of meat Chalupa from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of meat Chalupa from Taco villa.
- Serving Size (g): 330
- Calories Fat Calories: 200
- Total Fat (g): 22
- Carbohydrates (g): 15
- Cholesterol (mg): 65
- Sodium (mg): 290
- Fiber (g): 1
- Protein (g): 20
- Vitamins and minerals: 0%
- Fatty acids: 0%
- Amino acids: 0%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
Reviewed October 15, 2019
I get soooo mad when I order food and ask for lots of hot sauce and they give me 2. I order 2 burritos, 2 beans and large queso. I get home and there's not one hot sauce in the bag. I use at least 4 per item. They are always told lots and lots of hot sauce. I live out of town and didn't notice till I got home. Now I have all this food and NO HOT SAUCE. Come on
Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2014
I started eating at Taco in middle school during the 70's but can't get it now since I don't live in West Texas. Just had it this weekend for the first time in a long time and it still rocks. It's by far the best fast food Mexican food I've ever had. Blows away Taco Hell. Keep up the good work.
Date of visit: September 2014
The Most Popular Queries
Can I use chicken instead of beef in this recipe?
Ans: Yes! If you are a chicken lover then you can use chicken instead of beef while preparing meat chalupa at home. Moreover, you can add your choice of cheese in this recipe to enhance its taste.
Big Spring authorities investigating after video of teen spitting on restaurant grill circulates online
BIG SPRING, Texas, January 29, 2021 — Big Spring Mayor Shannon Thomason and health authorities have confirmed they are investigating a local fast food restaurant after a video of a worker spitting on the grill began circulating on Facebook, reported by NewsWest9.
The video was posted around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, which alerted local health officials who immediately went to the business to investigate.
According to a press release from the City of Big Spring, officials met with management and the restaurant's owners on any potential violations that occurred and what actions would be taken.
Health officials state they believe it is an isolated incident and that the restaurant is taking the incident seriously, from sanitizing of all kitchen equipment to the replacement of the grill.
A post from the teen's mother appeared in a local Facebook group, featuring an apology from the teen. We have chosen to block out the name of the teen to protect his privacy as he is a minor.
The Big Spring health officials confirmed that the investigation is still ongoing and no more information is available. No charges have been filed at this time.
Additionally, the City of Big Spring said it does not issue comment on matters concerning the private employment of individuals, though the company tells us both people involved in the video have been let go.