How to make Meat Burrito
Meat Burrito from Taco Villa is a basic burrito that features cooked seasoned beef in thick gravy wrapped inside a flour tortilla. You can serve this dish with sour cream, guacamole, lettuce leaves or grated cheddar cheese. The choice is always yours. You can also order guacamole and sour cream as a side dish from the restaurant while placing the order.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the recipe below that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish
Meat Burrito from Taco Villa features minced and seasoned beef in a thick gravy as its main ingredient. However, there are other ingredients that you need to prepare the gravy and the burrito. So, let us discuss what you will require during the preparation of this dish at home.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 500g beef mince
- pinch of golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can black beans or kidney beans, with the can water
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- 500g cooked rice
- Salt as per the taste
- sliced avocados
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- sliced red onion
- grated cheddar cheese
- sliced red chilli
- lime halves
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this recipe, heat the oil in a large pan; you can use a casserole. When the oil is warm, add the onions and fry for 8 minutes. Then add the garlic, spices and oregano and cook for 1 min.
- Add over the minced beef and cook for 5 mins over medium-high heat, stirring continuously, until the meat becomes browned. Add in the sugar and leave for a minute, then add the vinegar and pour in the tomatoes. Stir to combine all the ingredients well.
- Then simmer for 5 minutes and then add in the beans and the water from the can. Stir the beans to mix well with the spices. Then, season with salt and remaining spices. Stir well and simmer everything for 20 minutes until the beef is cooked properly and the gravy becomes thick.
- You can also prepare the sauce two days ahead and chill it in the refrigerator. When you want to use the sauce, you can reheat it with a splash of water.
- To make the burritos, heat the tortillas while following the instructions written on the pack. Add some rice and cooked beef sauce along each tortilla and add your choice of topping.
- Fold over the ends and roll up to seal the burrito.
- If you want you can secure your favourite burrito with foil.
- Serve hot with the above suggested servings and enjoy the dish.
There are 530 calories in 1 serving of meat from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of meat Burrito from Taco villa.
- Serving Size: 217 grams (217g)
- Calories: 530
- Calories from Fat: 243 (45.8%)
- Total Fat: 27g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 750mg (32%)
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Net carbohydrates: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12%)
- Protein: 29g
- Vitamins and minerals: 0%
- Fatty acids: 0%
- Amino acids: 0%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
I have been eating at Taco Villa for about 30 yrs. It's a great local place. Love the unique taco meat and especially the cheese dip. I usually go for a chip and dip with either an all meat burrito or nacho. Best cheese dip and nacho in town hands down. My only complaints are how tiny the inside is, which at times is frustrating to pick up when jam packed. A drive thru window would be a great addition. Also would love to see them upgrade to a computerized system and accept cards. I believe this is the only eatery in Russellville that does not accept them. But that aside this is a must visit for anyone in the area!
Little Rock, AR
The food is causal fast food Mexican but makes you say Taco Bell who? It is rare to call in an order or stop by and they are not super busy. But the staff work hard to get the food out fast. I have never had a bad meal here. I love their taco salads, the all meat burritos, and do not forget the cheese dip! A Russellville staple.
To start, the food was great as usual. I ordered the burrito and taco salad with cheese dip! I would give this place 5 stars for their food. My only complaint is the girl who took our order. She was rude and was incredibly slow. You could tell the staff didn't not like her, the other woman that checks people out asked her to put a bottle of hot sauce together twice and she rolled her eyes at her for asking. She was rude not only to me but two other customers after me. Other than her the restaurant was clean everyone was wearing their masks and they were sanitizing the counter after every person ordered.
The Most Popular Queries
How long has Taco Villa been serving Mexican food?
Ans: Taco Villa has been serving Mexican Food for over 50 years. Bobby D. Cox opened the first restaurant in the chain on June 6, 1968, at 501 E. 8th St. in Odessa, Texas.
TACO VILLA Employees posted Reviews on working at the restaurant chain
Taco Villa employees have posted a few reviews on their experience as workers. Most of the employees have given full ranking to the restaurant, As reported by Indeed.com.
We can take a look into those reviews and find out what the employees have to say about this restaurant’s working atmosphere:
I needed a job for the summer and this ended up turning into a part time year round job, fast food is hard but the team makes it worth it good salary
A day was taking orders, serving food, cleaning dining area, cleaning bathrooms . Basically out front dealing with customers most of the day. It was a friendly environment and the management was good. It was one of the best places that I ever worked . Hope to find another place like that.
Discounts on food, and got a raise when performance was good.
Some people were favored over others.
Taco Villa is a very fast paced environment to work in. The owners and employees are pleasant and friendly. They work well with school schedules and any personal time off needed.
Plenty of hours
it was a great first job experience at Taco Villa . you need to be fast and a quick learner . they are good employees and mangers , wouldn't have chosen any other place to be my first job .
Taco villa is an amazing job opportunity for those seeking first employment, with its annual raises, up to two weeks PAID vacation, paid holidays AND opportunity for over time! Flexible schedule, part-time or full time, day and night shifts available..plus knowing you work for a wholesome family with traditional values and strong integrity make this tex-mex style restaurant a great place for ANYONE to seek employment with the Taco Villa family!