Loaded Potato Griller
How to make Loaded Potato Griller
The Loaded Potato Griller is a popular vegetarian menu item available at Taco Bell restaurants. The dish features potatoes, reduced-fat sour cream, bacon, and nacho cheese sauce in it. It is very tasty and healthy as well.
The Loaded Potato Griller is a part of the Griller menu like the Beefy Nacho Loaded Griller and the Chipotle Chicken Loaded Griller; it is available at a price of $1.69 at Taco Bell restaurants.
Loaded potato griller is one of the delicious vegetarian recipes of Taco Bell; however, Taco Bell has made a little variation with this recipe by adding meat to it in later years. But this dish does not use any non-vegetarian ingredients in it and is perfect for veg-lovers. Let us discuss the ingredients that you will need to make a loaded potato griller at home.
- 6 – 8 flour tortillas
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 package Oscar Mayer REAL bacon bits
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 Tbs vegetable oil (seperated) for frying
- sour cream and salsa (optional)
Method of Preparation
- Wash the potatoes and make holes in them with the help of a fork. Microwave the potatoes at a high temperature for about 8 minutes. Turn the sides once after the first sides are evenly cooked. Let them cool at room temperature for safe handling during further proceedings. Then dice the grilled potatoes into small bite-size pieces.
- In a medium pan heat 2 Tbs of oil. Add the diced potatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and onion powder to the oil. Fry the potatoes until they get soft with a nice golden brown crust on all edges. Stir often to cook the potatoes evenly and prevent them from burning or over-cooking.
- Once you are done with the potatoes, now it’s time to assemble your loaded griller with whatever you like. Here, in this recipe, the traditional potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and bacon are used.
- Then fill the tortillas and wrap like a burrito. Fold the ends first then give it the shape of a burrito by folding the sides over each other.
- Then heat 2 Tbs oil in a frying pan. Keep the wrapped potato grillers very carefully in the pan with folded side down. Brown the tortilla and flip it gently to cook the other side.
- By doing this, you will let the cheese melt and heat everything together nicely. Serve your favorite dish hot with your favorite sauce or dips.
There are 410 calories in a Cheesy Potato Griller from Taco Bell; most of the calories come from fat (32%) and carbohydrates (58%). Let us know all the nutrient contents that you will find in a loaded potato griller dish. All the measurements are given basing on the serving size of 1 loaded potato griller.
For a Serving Size : 1 Loaded Potato Griller
- Calories: 410
- Total Fat- 18.00g23%
- Saturated Fat: 5.000g
- Trans Fat: 0.000g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 1030mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 50.00g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.0g
- Sugars: 4.00g
- Protein: 12.00g
Reviewed December 16, 2019
Stay away from this taco bell. The staff is rude, we ordered two sides of nachos and cheese, they gave us cheese sauce with no chips. When we went back through, she gave us one bag. I asked for the other and she rolled her eyes. No apologies. Loaded potato griller had rock hard potatoes and was pathetic. there were maybe 6 potato cubes in the burrito and the rest was just tortilla.
Reviewed February 5, 2016
I ordered the Beefy & Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadillas that were spicy and actually pretty good. Also had a Loaded Potato Griller which I enjoyed the crispy potato bites, covered with nacho cheese sauce, bacon, sour cream that is wrapped in a flour tortilla and grilled. My daughter ordered the Crunchwrap Slider Big Box Combo that comes with a drink. She said it was ok but bland and definitely needed all the sauces.
As usual, they were out of the Caramel Apple Empanadas and no longer sell the Starburst Cherry Freeze. My other complaint is we definitely needed more than two napkins and were also skimpy with the mild and hot sauce.
Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile
Went thru the dive thru for two simple things. Two loaded potato grillers. Bit into both of them and the bacon was ice cold. They probably were in a hurry to close down but if you have orders just take the time to do them right. Gross. Couldn't eat either.
Date of visit: May 2016
Taco Bell is bringing back its popular potatoes dishes to the menu.
There is good news for vegetarians and potato lovers that Taco Bell has announced the return of potatoes. The beloved fast-food chain took to Twitter on Thursday morning to reveal the exciting news, reported by Our Community Now (OCN).
An announcement from CEO, Taco Bell came on January 14, 2021 that says that the potato lovers should rejoice as their favourite potato menus are back again.
The menu items like Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes and the Spicy Potato Soft Taco will be available to Taco Bell customers on March 11. There was no mention of the Cheesy Potato Grillers, to our knowledge.
The Most Popular Queries
What is inside a Taco Bell cheesy potato Griller?
Ans: Taco Bell cheesy potato griller features a filling with seasoned potato bites, cheese, and sour cream.
Does a potato griller use meat in its filling?
Ans: The loaded potato griller does not use meat in it. However, you can add your favourite meat in the dish if you prefer to cook at home. You can shred the meat to compliment the size of potatoes. Then grill it like you grill the potatoes and keep aside the cooked meat. Heat oil and follow the frying procedure with your favourite meat exactly you did for the potatoes. After the meat is cooked and browned properly you can follow the procedure of filling and folding the tortillas that you did for potato griller. You can also add potatoes along with the meat if you love both as the filling.