Large Queso Loaded Nachos (Beef)
How to make Large Queso Loaded Nachos (Beef)
Large Queso Loaded Nachos (Beef) is a popular appetizer menu item at Del Taco restaurant. This dish is piled high and loaded with your choice of seasoned beef, freshly grilled chicken, or freshly grilled carne asada steak, fresh house-made chips, slow-cooked beans made from scratch, and creamy Queso Blanco, all topped with cool sour cream, fresh diced tomatoes, and sliced jalapenos.
If you want to prepare this at home then you can go through our recipe. Moreover, you can customize this recipe by adding your choice of meat and cheese to the recipe, which will make this recipe more enjoyable.
Queso loaded nachos recipe features beef, grilled chicken, tortilla chips, cooked beans, and cheese of your choice. Let us discuss the approximate quantity of all the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish.
Taco Seasoning (or you can use one packet/ serving of store-bought taco seasoning)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- Shredded chicken
- 2 bags tortilla chips (16 ounces each)
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 ounces shredded cheese of choice (Creamy Queso Blanco)
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 to 3 green onions sliced
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish, first preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile on the stovetop place a skillet and warm a little. Add oil to the skillet. When the oil is warm, add ground beef and stir. Add onions to the beef. Brown the ground beef and diced onions over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until the meat is perfectly cooked. When you are done with the meat, drain the excess grease.
- Add the taco seasoning to the beef.
- Add in 3/4 cup water, bring it to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid evaporates, which will take you about 5 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, season the shredded chicken with salt and put it in the oven. Grill it until they are cooked and browned perfectly.
- Now add a generous layer of tortillas chips to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Add on refried beans, half on each pan. Add little refried beans over the nachos.
- Add half spoon of the ground beef to each pan of chips. Add the grilled chicken on it.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the meat. You can also add creamy queso blanco instead of shredded cheese.
- Bake your favourite queso loaded nachos at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- When you are done with the dish, remove from the oven. Then, top the nachos with some diced tomatoes, jalapenos, and green onions.
- Add sour cream to enhance the taste of the dish.
- Serve hot and fresh.
The tortilla chips should be thick and sturdy. Do not use thin one. You can purchase the readymade nachos from the market or you can prepare the nachos at home also.
There are 1060 calories in Large Beef Queso Loaded Nachos from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (46%) and carbohydrates (38%). Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you find in one serving of Large Beef Queso Loaded Nachos.
- Serving Size: 581g
- Calories: 1060
- Calories From Fat: 490
- Total Fat: 55g (85%)
- Saturated Fat: 20.0g (100%)
- Trans Fat: 1.0g
- Cholesterol: 105mg (35%)
- Sodium: 2060mg (86%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 100g (33%)
- Dietary Fiber: 17g (68%)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 43g (86%)
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
Reviewed May 26, 2019
A taco joint other than the usual suspects. I had a beef burrito, tacos and a queso loaded nachos. All were fresh and tasty. Service was quick & it was a good value. It's another choice among fast taco foods.
Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019
Been about 25 years since I visited a Del Taco. Was in walking distance from my hotel. Dining area was dark, someone finally turned on the lights about 30 minutes after sunset. The Queso Loaded Nachos were very good. The 8 layer veggie burrito was...More
Date of visit: February 2019
NOVEMBER 18, 2019
These nachos are piled with seasoned beef, house-made chips, slow-cooked beans, and queso blanco topped with sour cream, diced tomatoes, and jalapeños. If you're planning on eating it on its own, you'll certainly be loading up on the calories, artery-clogging saturated fat, sodium, and carbs. The nachos provide 53 percent the recommended daily calories, 153 percent the recommended maximum of saturated fat, 109 percent the recommended daily maximum of sodium, and the carb equivalent of almost 7 slices of bread. Even if you share it with one or two other people, it's still too much.
The Most Popular Queries
Can I avoid calories in Large Queso Loaded Beef Nachos?
Ans: Yes, you can avoid calories by completely eliminating cheese in your favourite Large Queso Loaded Beef nachos. You can also customize this dish while preparing at home by replacing beef with your favourite meat such as, chicken or steak. You can also customize the dish while ordering from Del Taco restaurant by simply instructing them what you like in your Large Queso Loaded Beef Nachos.
Del Taco adds Queso Blanco to the menu; The Chain's Latest Game Changing Item
Del taco is planning to add two new game changing dishes to their menu; premium Del Taco Queso Blanco and Queso Crunch Taco, both will hit stores on August 31, 2017.
“As the restaurant bids adieu to nacho cheese from the menu, fans will now have a chance to add premium Del Taco Queso Blanco – a creamy dipping sauce made with real cheese, real milk, and jalapeños – as a go-to side for meal customization,” FoodBeast has reported.
“Queso Blanco represents Del Taco’s continued innovation within the premium ingredient space, a strategy that has led to strong results for the brand,” Westrum said. “Queso Blanco will replace Del Taco’s nacho cheese, a step that aligns with Del Taco’s guest promise to serve quality and flavorful menu items at an unbeatable value.”
The dish features a crunchy taco shell layered with seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, hand-grated cheddar cheese, and fresh diced tomatoes wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with a layer of creamy Queso Blanco in between.