Hash Brown Taco Casserole
How to make Hash Brown Taco Casserole
Hash Brown Taco Casserole basically is a delicious dish that features hash brown patties, which are pre-formed, frozen and just ready to be used. The hash browns form the bottom layer of this casserole on to which you can add loads of toppings such as bell peppers, seasoned and cooked potatoes and ground beef along with your favourite Mexican cheese. The ground beef is the main ingredient of this dish. However, if you wish to make this recipe in your kitchen then you can modify this dish by adding your favourite vegetables and meat of your choice.
Hash Browns are a popular Taco Bell dish that you can order during breakfast hours. They are super crunchy and delicious to eat.
The main ingredient of Hash Brown Taco Casserole is beef. However, the dish features a good combination of vegetables such as potatoes and bell peppers. Let us know all the ingredients including the seasonings and the approximate quantity of these exotic ingredients that you need to prepare this dish right in at your kitchen.
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- ½ bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- ½ cup of diced green bell pepper, divided.
- ½ cup of diced red bell pepper, divided
- ½ cup of corn.
- 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- 1 can of tomato soup.
- 1 packet of low-fat cream cheese.
- ½ cup of chopped onion, divided.
- 2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese, divided.
- 1 tablespoon of salt.
- ½ tsp of ground pepper.
Method of Preparation
- To prepare the dish pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a pan on the gas stove and add some oil to it. Add the ground beef into the warm oil. Cook the meat until it becomes brown.
- Now add half of the bell peppers and onion in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain the excess oil from the pan and then reduce the heat.
- Add the undiluted tomato soup, corn, and the cream cheese to the bell peppers.
- Stir until all the ingredients are well combined and no chunks of cream cheese are present.
- Then add the taco seasoning and 1 cup of the remaining shredded cheese to it.
- Pour this mixture into prepared pan, spreading it evenly on the bottom.
- Defrost the hash browns. Mix the defrosted hash browns, the remaining peppers, salt, pepper and 1 cup of shredded cheese in a small bowl.
- Add ground beef with potato mixture on top by pressing it down lightly.
- Bake the hash browns at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the topping gets browned and turns crispy on top.
- Remove from oven and allow it to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot to enjoy the delicacy.
- You can use your favourite cheese such as cheddar instead of the Mexican-style shredded cheese for this Hash Browns Taco Casserole recipe.
- You can also add vegetables of your choice such as carrot, broccoli or green beans along with the bell peppers. You can simply blanch all these vegetables and then drain the water to add these vegetables along with the ground beef into the prepared casserole dish.
There are 434 calories in a hash Brown taco Casserole; most of the calories come from fat (35.8 g). Let us know the exact amount of all the nutrients that you get from a hash brown taco casserole.
Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 434.0
- Total Fat: 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.0 g
- Cholesterol: 45.0 mg
- Sodium: 170.0 mg
- Potassium: 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Sugars: 0.0 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
Reviewed February 15, 2017
I like the Taco Bell Dollar Cravings menu. The Hash Brown is as good if not better than McDonalds Hash Brown, and Taco Bell cooks them better,nice and crisp. The triple layer nachos, Beefy Fritos Burrito and Beefy Mini Quesadilla are good also.
Date of visit: February 2017
JUL 19, 2011
Taco Bell's version is noticeably bigger than McDonald's version; it is definitely wider and perhaps a little bit taller but it's also a little bit thin as hash browns go.
Mine's came crispy and warm and, for the most part, I enjoyed it... but, it was too thin. The thinness makes it slightly drier than most hash browns. There's very little of that fluffy, moist potato interior which is just a little weird and off-putting to me.
I'd still eat it again though.
March 27, 2014
The hash brown ($1) comes in hash brown. No sauces are included. This is where Taco Bell needs to consider bringing in sriracha ketchup or providing that mystery spicy cream sauce on the side. Sure, the hash brown is crunchy and potato-y, but so what? Everyone knows the potatoes are just the vehicle for the condiment.
The Most Popular Queries
Do hash browns taste crispy?
Hash Browns are not crispy and fluffy. In fact, they are dense and taste crunchy. The potatoes appear to be mashed and taste awesome.
Are hash browns a good fast food?
Yes, hash browns are the most fantastic fast food breakfast item ever created. They're hot and crunchy. They do not even need ketchup to enhance the taste. They come in fun shapes that attract the foodies towards them. It has got a rectangular shape, which adds more fun to the moment you eat them.
Taco Bell has released a new toasted breakfast burrito that comes stuffed with a hash brown.
Taco Bell has released a new breakfast burrito that features a hash brown as its filling.
“The first option is the Hash Brown Toasted Breakfast Burrito, which features your choice of bacon or sausage, eggs, nacho cheese sauce, a three-cheese blend, and a hash brown wrapped in a toasted flour tortilla. This can be ordered a la carte for $1.99 or paired with another hash brown and a medium drink for $4.19,” reported by Insider.
This delicious dish is available on Taco Bell’s breakfast menu that you can order online and in the chain as well. You can choose to buy it as a single menu item or in a combo depending on your mood and requirements. Taco Bell does experiments to bring the food lovers completely different and unique menu items by making a fusion of two of its popular menu items and surprisingly the fusion dishes are adored by the foodies up to a great extent.