Ham and Egg Taco
How to make Ham and Egg Taco
Ham and Egg Taco from Taco Palenque is one of everyone's favourite menu items that feature tenderly-cooked ham and scrambled egg with cheese served with Pico de Gallo on the side. You can order this dish from the restaurant during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Ham and Egg taco from Taco from Taco Palenque features ham and scrambled egg as its main ingredients. Besides these two ingredients the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to arrange during the time of preparation of this dish at home.
- Flour tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- cooking spray, for skillet
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 slices deli ham thinly sliced
- spinach, sauteed
- bell pepper, sauteed
- onion, sauteed
- Pepper powder
- Pico de Gallo for serving
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, in a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and add salt, pepper, and milk to it, and then pour into the skillet and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Then stir the eggs gently as they start to cook, making sure to scrape all the sides of the skillet to form egg curds.
- Slide the egg onto a clean surface or plate to load the other ingredients.
- To cook the ham, in the same skillet add some oil and warm over medium flame. Add ham to it. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the ham gets browned or cooked properly. Simmer for about 1-2 minutes and add seasoning to it. When your ham is properly done, switch off the flame and keep aside.
- To assemble the tacos, warm the tortillas on a pan. Place one tortilla on a flat surface, add cooked ham, scrambled eggs, and top with shredded cheese. Add the vegetables over it.
- Roll up the egg-taco and heat on the pan until the cheese melts. Do not overheat the tacos as it will become crispy.
- Now your ham and egg tacos are ready to eat. Serve hot and fresh with Pico de Galllo to enjoy the dish even more.
There are 440 calories in 1 serving of Ham and Egg Taco from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Ham and Egg from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (183g)
- Calories: 440
- Fat cal(g): 270
- Fat (g): 30
- Saturated fat: 7
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 425
- Sodium (mg): 510
- Carbs (g): 20
- Fiber (g): 1
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 21
- Vit A %: 10%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Iron %: 15%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile
This is the absolute worst Taco Cabana I ever seen. First they are insisting I pay almost $19.00 for 2 plates that cost $7.09 each. The girl wouldn't accept the fact that doesn't equate. Then the place is filthy, chairs are all sticky ,tables not cleaned right. Floors etc. The parking lot looks like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. What a joke this place is. I could only imagine how bad the kitchen really is and coolers etc. . The food was Luke warm at best. Awful horrible place.
Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile
My family and I love the food here, fajitas are soft and always cooked perfectly. The tortillas are also delicious. Restaurants always packed, so we never dine in. Always drive thru, there’s always a line, but it moves fast.
Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile
Great menu to choose from. Fast friendly service. Great food from just a potato and egg to a chorizo, bean, egg, and potato taco. Nice portions - two more than filled me up. Pico de Gallo on the side. Great prices. Right around $8.50 for 5 tacos. Open 24 hours. Has drive through so you can run over without having to really being seen by anyone!
Date of visit: March 2017
The Most Popular Queries
Can I add cheese slices instead of shredded cheese in ham and egg taco?
Ans: Yes, you can add cheese slices instead of adding shredded cheese in your favourite ham and egg tacos. The choice is always yours when you are preparing any dish at home.
What kind of ham is good for tacos?
Ans: You can add sliced or diced ham to your tacos. You can also add ham sticks to the tacos, but make sure you have cooked them properly before using them as a filling in your favourite tacos.
Taco Palenque celebrated their b’day with its foodie fans in a unique way
Taco Palenque celebrated their b’day in a unique way by arranging an online competition. They posted a video on their Instagram page through which you can participate to win exciting offers, reported by facebook page, Taco Palenque, New Braunfels, TX .
The link of the video is here: https://bit.ly/3qwRj24
They announced about this context on their facebook page, Taco Palenque, New Braunfels, TX along with the video link that they have posted on their Instagram page.
The post is as follows:
It's our birthday this week, and we want to celebrate with you - Taco Palenque style!
Let us treat you to a tote bag full of Taco P Gear.