Grilled Chicken Smothered Burrito
How to make Grilled Chicken Smothered Burrito
Grilled chicken Smothered Burrito is one of the most famous Taco Villa menu items that includes marinated grilled chicken along with cheese and enchilada sauce.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the recipe below that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
Grilled chicken smothered Burrito features marinated grilled chicken and a good blend of cheese inside it. It also includes enchilada sauce inside it, which gives the burrito a smothered texture. If you want to prepare this recipe at home, then you have to arrange the following ingredients before the preparation.
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
For Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- ½ cup oil
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- ⅓ to ½ cup chili powder
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- salt to taste
For the Burritos
- 8 Burrito-Sized Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 16-ounce cans Refried Beans, Or can use homemade refried beans
For the Optional Toppings
- Fresh Tomato
- Sour Cream
Method of Preparation
Grilled Chicken Preparation
- To prepare the grilled chicken, in a large bowl add chicken and all the spices. Toss well so that the spices coat the chicken well.
- Heat the oven to grill the chicken. Place the chicken pieces on the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Bake till the chicken gets golden brown or properly cooked.
- When you are done with the chicken, take it from the oven and keep aside.
Homemade Enchilada Sauce Preparation
- To prepare enchilada sauce, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add in flour and chilli powder, stir the ingredients to combine well and then reduce heat to medium flame. Stir continuously and cook until lightly browned in colour.
- Add tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder and onion salt into the skillet. Stir continuously and continue to cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until it is slightly thickened. Add salt as per the desired taste.
To assemble the Burrito
- To assemble the burrito, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then spray 2 baking dishes with vegetable spray.
- Place the tortillas on a flat working surface.
- Add a great portion of beans in the middle of the tortilla. Then, add about ⅓ cup of cheese.
- Fold in the ends of the tortilla towards the middle and bring the bottom of the tortilla up. Fold and roll at the same time to give it the shape of a burrito.
- Place the burritos in the baking dishes and pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the burritos. Add more cheese over the top.
- Garnish with Cotija cheese and bake for 30 minutes until it becomes hot or until the cheese melts.
There are 500 calories in 1 Grilled chicken Smothered Burrito from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fats. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 Grilled chicken Smothered Burrito from Taco villa.
- Serving: 1
- Calories: 500
- Calories from Fat: 198
- Total Fat (g): 22
- Saturated Fat (g): 0
- Trans Fat (g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 70
- Sodium (mg): 1620
- Total Carbohydrates (g): 44
- Dietary Fiber (g): 6
- Sugars (g): 0
- Protein (g): 32
- Vitamins and minerals: 0
- Fatty acids: 0
- Amino acids: 0
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
Big Spring, TX
Eating at Taco Villa is not a bad meal, nor will your experience blow you away. Growing up south of Houston, Taco Bell was our destination, but moving to Lubbock made Taco Villa new. Either way, both joints do what they do and depending on the day you may or may not enjoy your meal. The Fiesta Taco Salad is great with extra ground beef. The smothered burrito is good and I like the hot sauce. Unfortunately, similar to most restaurants in this area, employees seem not to are about service or quality.
Big Spring, TX
Totes disappointed! Taco Villa used to be my go-to place for ice! I buy it by the bag, and it lasts me 2 weeks. Between two weeks ago and today, they change their ice machine. Now is not the lovely little pellets of ice that I know in love, but the little stuck together cubes! I can get that anywhere! And for free. Here's hoping it's just temporary oh, but I guess I'll switch to getting my ice from Sonic now. I know of at least three places in town that will sell their ice by the bag. Chicken e and Sonic are now the only two that sell and have the pellets.
For fast food Mexican style this is really tasty fare. It's nothing super authentic but if you like spicy, definitely get "green sauce" and it is delicious. I had the combination burrito and my husband got a few things, all were good. The Mexi Curls are identical to Arby's curly fries in every way, which wasn't a bad thing but it's definitely nothing out of the ordinary, either. The dining room was very clean and the staff was welcoming. We got our food really quick too. It seemed like a lot of Big Spring residents were coming in for a post-church meal on our Sunday visit which was a little surprising, as I don't normally see people in my town all dressed up going to Taco Bell after their church service. It was cute, honestly. I would grab Taco Villa a hundred times before Taco Bell if it was in my area.
The Most Popular Queries
Can I cook the chicken on a gas stove instead of making it in the oven?
Ans: Yes, you can. If you do not have an oven with you right now, you can surely cook the chicken in a skillet on your gas stove over medium heat. Just heat the skillet, add oil to it. When the oil is warm, you can add the chicken. Stir the chicken until it becomes golden brown. Then add all the above listed spices to it and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the spices blend well with the chicken. Switch off the flame and drain the excess grease. You can now use the cooked chicken in your burrito.
Taco Villa is hiring employees, shares a facebook post
There is great news for anybody looking to join the Taco Villa crew, reported by Taco Villa facebook page.
They are hiring employees and have posted on facebook to join them at the Hiring Party at Taco Villa on 98th and Slide today from 2-4pm.
They have shared a post on their facebook page that states:
“We will be hiring on the spot and new employees receive a $100 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment. Can't make it today? Come apply Thursday from 2-4 at our 4th Street location!”