How to make Fish Burrito
Del Taco offers the beer battered fish taco on its regular menu, which features a beer-battered fish fillet, cabbage, secret sauce, and Pico de Gallo, but you will not find a single fish burrito on the menu. This dish belongs to the secret menu items of Del Taco; hence there is no mention of this dish on the standard menu of the restaurant.
A Secret Menu is a collection of menu items that a restaurant offers, while choosing not to list it on its standard menu. It makes you feel special when you order the Secret Menu, like they are part of an exclusive club. Sometimes the Restaurant itself creates the features on a Secret Menu, where as sometimes customer create the other items to add more fun to the dish. However, the recipe becomes everyone’s favourite both ways.
If you want a fish burrito, it is obvious that the server won’t understand the menu item. So, you have to explain what you want in a burrito; a bear-battered fish fillet, cabbage, the secret sauce of Del Taco, and Pico de Gallo.
As it is not easy to make the server understand about the dish, you can prepare this burrito at home by following a few steps. At first, you have to know the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish.
For 4 Servings
- 8 Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 onion
- 2 lb. [1 kg] white fish meat, from fish such as red snapper or cod
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup liquid fish stock or water with a fish stock cube
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 ripe red tomatoes, diced coarsely
- Bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 lettuce leaves, chopped into thin strips
- Grated Monterey Jack
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For Red salsa Preparation
- 3 chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 fresh green chiles, jalapeno or serrano type, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, first blend all the ingredients from the red salsa list above. When you are done with blending, pour the salsa mixture to a pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Then, it’s time to season the fish. For this, keep the fish in a pan, season with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and garlic. You can pour the fish broth in.
- Now bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until the fish is cooked properly. Switch off the flame and remove the saucepan from the burner. Now let the fish cool down in the broth.
- After 30 minutes, take the fish out from the broth with a slotted spoon to shred the fish to small bits. Then sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Switch on the gas and put a non-stick pan on it. Add some oil to the pan to fry the flour tortillas in the pan. Sprinkle a few drops of water while the tortilla is hot. Stack the tortillas on a plate and wrap the stack in a clean cloth. Repeat the same procedure with other tortillas.
- To arrange the burritos, spread the tortillas on a flat pan or surface. Add some shredded lettuce at the center of a tortilla, place some fish over it. Now add some grated cheese, some chopped cilantro, and then some tomatoes. Pour some salsa over it. Now roll the tortillas in the shape of burritos. Repeat the same procedure with remaining tortillas.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
There are 300 calories in a fish burrito from Del Taco; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fats. Let us discuss all the nutrients that you get from a fish burrito.
For a Serving Size of 1 Taco (131 g)
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 16.00g (21%)
- Saturated Fat: 2.000g (10%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8%)
- Sodium: 320mg (14%)
- Total Carbohydrate: 29.00g (11%)
- Dietary Fiber: 3.0g (11%)
- Sugars: 2.00g
- Protein: 8.00g
- Vitamin D: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
- Potassium: 0%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Reviewed March 8, 2017
While this is chain food eatery food was fresh and excellent. Staff were very friendly. Good value for $$$ spent.
Date of visit: March 2017
I really love the food here. Especially the fish tacos and the Double Del Burgers with their crinkle cut fries! The Bomb! They are really nice and friendly too!
Best "fast-food" taco joint in town. This place is a gem!!! Love the fish tacos and the crinkle-cut fries!!! Have not had a bad experience here at all. My only wish is that we had gotten it sooner. Glad it is here.
Feb 04, 2021
Update by user Feb 03
Nothing. No reply.
Original review posted by user Feb 03
Good morning, I went to Del Taco on Craid road at 8:30pm Jan 30th 2021. I waited in the drive thru with 6 cars ahead of me. I ordered 2 number 7's the fish taco combos, regular size, one diet coke, and one root beer. I paid at the drive thru received...
The Most Popular Queries
Can I customize the fish burrito?
Ans: yes, you can. If you want to replace the fish with meat of your choice, you can do that also. If you are checking your calories and want to remove a few ingredients from the above list then you can also do that. You can customize your fish burrito while ordering from the restaurant or preparing it at home.
Can I add shrimps instead of fish in fish burrito?
Ans: Yes, you can add shrimps if you want to skip fish. Interestingly Del taco earlier has introduced its crispy jumbo shrimp burrito for the foodie fans that features your favourite shrimps. You can also order this dish from Del taco restaurant if you wish to do so.
Del Taco Revamps its Fish menu items; Brings Back The Favourite Crispy Jumbo Shrimp and a NEW Epic Crispy Fish & Guac Burrito To its Menu
Dello Taco Restaurants Inc. is planning to bring back two of its menu items including crispy jumbo shrimp and crispy fish game to its menu card recently. The fish menu items include two burrito menus; beer battered fish burrito and NEW Epic Crispy Fish & Guac Burrito.
“After the incredible success of Honey Mango Crispy Chicken, Del Taco is sweetening its expanded array of seasonal seafood with the delicious sauce and more,” reported by AP news
The restaurant has added a couple of fish burritos to its menu along with a few shrimp menu items.
NEW Epic Crispy Fish & Guac Burrito features crispy beer battered Alaska Pollock, fresh romaine and iceberg lettuce blend, fresh house-made guacamole, fresh diced tomatoes, crispy tortilla strips, and creamy avocado Caesar dressing, wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla.
Beer Battered Crispy Fish Taco features wild caught Alaska Pollock fillet in a crispy beer batter, topped with crunchy shredded cabbage, savory secret sauce, hand-made pico de gallo, wrapped in two warm corn tortillas and served with a fresh-cut lime wedge. You can purchase 2 beer battered fish tacos at $4.