FIESTA TACO – CHICKEN
How to make Fiesta Taco Chicken
The Fiesta Taco features a warm flour tortilla layered with crispy chicken, shredded lettuce, fresh salsa, nacho cheese sauce and Taco bell’s signature sauce. The Taco Bell Fiesta Chicken Taco Salad is one of the most popular items on the menu as it makes the perfect combination of a crunchy shell with meat and veggies.
This menu item is a healthy option and a complete menu to be served as your favourite lunch menu item. The dish is very tasty and s gives perfect calorie count to the food lovers.
You can customize the dish with the Taco Bell Nutrition guide. If you are a health conscious then you can check with the nutrition guide how adding or removing certain items like meat or cheese, can make a difference in the calorie count. Moreover you can swap the chicken for beef to save some calories. If you hesitate to take a lot of sodium in your diet, then you can remove the refried beans. This also saves some calories.
We have divided the ingredients in three parts; one for the chicken preparation, second for the taco shell, and the third one for preparing the taco filling. Let us know all the ingredients and the approximate quantity of each ingredient that you need to prepare the dish right at your kitchen.
Servings: 2 Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 large Chicken Breast
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For Taco Shell
- 4 large Flour Tortillas
- Oil for Frying
For Taco Filling
- 1 cup Refried Beans; heated
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican Rice; cooked
- 4 cups Lettuce; cleaned & chopped
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese; shredded
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes; cored & chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn; Roasted
- 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 1 cup Tortilla Strips
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Sour Cream
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, oil, and all the seasonings to combine them together. Toss the ingredients so that they coat properly.
- Then place the chicken on a baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Rest the baked chicken for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Now heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat until it becomes warm enough to fry the tortillas. Gradually add the tortilla and use a wide slotted spoon or cooking spider to press the tortilla into the oil so that it takes a shape of a deep bowl.
- Fry the tortillas until they become golden brown. Use tongs to turn the tortillas until the interior gets crispy. Place the fried tortilla upside down on a baking sheet with a wire rack to drain the excess oil. Repeat the same procedure with the other tortillas.
- Spread half of the beans over the bottom of each tortilla bowl and then top with the Mexican rice, lettuce, cheese, chicken, tomatoes, corn, onion, tortilla strips and chipotle sour cream.
- Now your Fiesta Taco Chicken salad is ready. Serve hot to enjoy the delicious dish.
The Fiesta Taco Chicken Salad features chicken and a lot of veggies in it; hence it is very nutritious and full of nutrients. There are 720 calories in a Fiesta Taco Salad-Chicken from Taco Bell; most of the calories come from fat (44%) and carbohydrates (38%). Let us know the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from one serving of Fiesta Taco Chicken Salad.
Serving Size: 463g
- Calories: 720
- Calories From Fat: 320
- Total Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 7.0g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1260mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 70g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 32g
*All percent daily value figures are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutritional information source: Taco Bell
Reviewed July 16, 2017
My shredded taco chicken salad and shredded chikcen burritos wer almost empty! It was the drive thru at closing time but
Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile
Rice, was not cooked complete, and it seemed some may have been not cooked at all, they underfilled the burrito, sparce. I would pass this place by until they fix the management
Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 20, 2018
When we visit family in the Columbus area we normally wind up at this Taco Bell a couple of times as we travel around the area. The service fluctuates from good to lacking and the filling in the shells can be very skimpy sometimes. The chicken salad bowl can have a lot of chicken or just a few pieces, consistency seems to be a problem.
Date of visit: August 2018
Taco Bell on Hwy 763 in Columbia, MO
Often when I eat at Taco Bell I eat the Fiesta Taco Salad. Because I am allergic to milk I get it without cheese and sour cream and I add a side of guacamole. I love the Taco Salad. I don’t eat it with those tortilla strips it comes with or the salsa.
The Most Popular Queries
What kind of meat is used in a Fiesta taco salad?
Ans: Usually, a Fiesta Taco uses chicken as its main ingredients along with a few exotic veggies. But, you can customize the dish with ground beef or steak while ordering the menu to make it more delicious.
Is Fiesta salad at Taco Bell healthy?
Ans: Yes, Chicken Fiesta Taco Salad is very healthy as it takes a lot of healthy vegetables and chicken in it. Despite being so healthy it tastes awesome with a few spices that are added to the dish.
Taco Bell introduces a new chicken menu; Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco
Taco Bell has planned to introduce a new menu item; Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco in March 2021. Taco Bell is famous for experimenting with its menu items that the foodies love most. This dish belongs to the chicken menu item of the chain.
The menu features crispy chicken that is marinated in jalapeño buttermilk, seasoned with "bold Mexican spices," and rolled in a tortilla chip coating to give it a nice crunchy texture. The sandwich is served in a “puffy bread" shape to make it look like a taco. Finally, the sandwich is topped with signature creamy chipotle sauce and the spicy version features jalapeño slices on it too.
“It's set to be tested at participating Taco Bell locations in Nashville, TN, and Charlotte, NC, starting on March 11 where you can get it for $2.49,” reported by Delish.