Fajita Veggie Quesadilla
How to make Fajita Veggie Quesadilla
Veggie Fajita Quesadillas are a popular menu item of the Taco Bell chain and is a completely a vegetarian menu. The dish features fresh peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes, and then grilled up for a delicious filling meal. It is basically a soft grilled tortilla folded with loads of fajita veggies, three blend melted cheese, & creamy jalapeño sauce. The dish is one of the best sellers of the chain and is sure to satisfy your craving for fajitas or quesadillas that is super easy and super fast.
This vegetarian version of the quesadilla is a perfect combination of what is best about fajitas and quesadillas. The fajita veggie quesadilla features sauted veggies, which are a traditional staple in fajitas. The veggies bring a unique taste and texture to these hand held cheesy beauties. Tortillas are smothered with cheese to enhance the taste and toasted till golden brown to become an irresistible quick satisfying meal.
You can pair your favourite Fajita veggie Quesadillas with a side of homemade Guacamole, restaurant Style Salsa and easy Mexican Rice for a quick anytime meal. These Quesadillas are the best choice for the foodies as a snack, lunch or dinner.
Fajita Veggie Quesadilla is a vegetarian dish. Hence, it takes a few exotic vegetables as its main ingredients. We have listed the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish. However, you can make variations by adding your favourite vegetables instead of the listed ones. Let us know the approximate quantity of all the ingredients that is needed to prepare this recipe right at your kitchen.
List of Ingredients
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, and more for cooking the quesadillas
- 2 medium poblano peppers thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms cremini, white, or baby portobello
- 1/2 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese such as: cheddar cheese, colby, or monterey jack*
- 4- 6 inch flour tortillas
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish first place a skillet on a gas stove. Add some oil and warm over medium-high heat. Once the oil becomes hot, add the vegetables such as mushrooms, poblano peppers, and onions.
- Saute the vegetables until the onions become translucent and the mushrooms begin to brown; which may take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add some salt to the veggies according to your desired taste. Now add the garlic cloves and sauté for another 1-2 minutes until the veggies become fragrant.
- When you are done with the veggies, switch off the flame. Gently add and stir the spinach into the veggie mixture until they are slightly softened. Squeeze the lime juice and add to the veggies.
- To assemble the quesadillas, place a tortilla on a flat and clean surface. Spread some of the shredded cheese on one half of each tortilla. Then evenly distribute the veggie mixture over the cheese. Again spread another layer of cheese over the veggies. Fold the other side of each tortilla over the veggies and cheese to give it a shape of quesadilla.
- Place the skillet again on the gas stove. Brush a small amount of oil on one side of the quesadillas. Place the quesadilla on the skillet by keeping the oiled side down on the hot skillet, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they become golden and crispy.
- Brush the other side of the quesadilla with some oil and flip it to cook that side. Now cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes, until that side turns golden and crispy.
- Now your fajita veggie quesadilla is ready. Serve your favourite dish hot with guacamole, salsa, and/or sour cream.
A fajita veggie quesadilla is full of healthy vegetables and hence is a complete food with a lot of nutrients present in it. There are 650 calories in this dish; most of the calories come from fat and carbohydrates. Let us know all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that you get from a fajita veggie quesadilla from Taco Bell.
For a Serving Size of 1 Serving (100g)
- Calories 650
- Calories from Fat: 108 (16.6%)
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 716mg
- Carbohydrates: 125g
- Net carbs: 106g
- Fiber: 19g
- Glucose: 15g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A: 18μg (2%)
- Vitamin C: 0.9mg (2%)
- Calcium: 10mg (1%)
- Iron 0.1mg 1%
- Fatty acids: 0%
- Amino acids: 0%
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
Reviewed August 9, 2017, via mobile
We love this place. The margaritas are always good, the service is great and the food is delicious. Tonight's experience was no different. Oh yeh and the prices are right too, anyone can stop here and get a great meal without hurting the wallet.
Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed December 7, 2019, via mobile
Fajita Quesadillas are best I’ve had. Great spot and good service. You can make reservations online which is nice.
Date of visit: December 2019
The Most Popular Queries
Can I make variations to the Fajita Veggie Quesadillas?
Ans: Yes, you can make variations by adding your favourite veggies along with the suggested vegetables to your fajita veggie quesadilla. You can also add your favourite cheese if you wish to. If you are worried about the calories then you can avoid adding too much cheese to your dish to make it more delicious and tasty.
Is Fajita Veggie Quesadilla Vegan Friendly?
Ans: Fajita Veggie Quesadilla is a completely vegetarian menu and is one of the best selling dishes of Taco Bell restaurants. This is a very popular dish and I vegan friendly. It does not take any non-vegetarian ingredients in it.
Taco Bell to join several other restaurants in UK
“Taco Bell is expected to join several other restaurant chains at The Barcode, Plymouth's new IMAX cinema-anchored development at Bretonside. Household names such as Frankie and Benny's, Wagamama, Domino's, KFC, McDonald's and Bella Italia are the frontrunners - while there has also been speculation about TGI Fridays and Wahaca,” PlaymouthLive has reported.
The chain is planning to make a few vegetarian menu items available for the food lovers out there; the menu items include Fajita Veggies quesadillas, Crunch wrap supreme, volcano chalupa, cheese quesadilla, volcano burritos, 7 layer burrito, grilled stuft burrito, fajita burrito, cheese double decker taco, and much more.