Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Bacon Burrito
How to make Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Bacon Burrito
The Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito comes loaded with crispy chicken strips, Crinkle-Cut fries, crispy bacon, sour cream, freshly grated cheddar cheese, and honey mango sauce, all wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla. The menu will cost you $5.00; however, the price may differ from place to place.
If you want to prepare this menu at home, you can follow the below recipe that we have curated for your convenience. But, before preparing the dish, let us know the ingredients first.
Honey mango chicken features honey mango sauce and crispy chicken strips as the main ingredients. So, let us discuss all the ingredients that you need to prepare this recipe at home.
For Chicken Strips
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups crispy rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
For Honey Mango Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup honey
For Crinkle cut fries
- 4 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Flour tortillas (over sized)
- Hand Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Bacon strips
- Pepper powder
Method of Preparation
Chicken Strips Preparation
- To prepare crispy chicken strips, first pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Then lightly grease a baking dish.
- Add butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, add the crushed cereal, flour, and seasoning blend. Mix all the ingredients well.
- First dip chicken tenders in the butter, then press the dipped chicken in the cereal mixture so that it coats the chicken evenly.
- Arrange the chicken strips in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining butter.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the chicken becomes golden brown.
- Your favourite crispy chicken strips are ready.
To Prepare Honey Mango Sauce
- To prepare honey mango sauce, place a saucepan over gas stove. Add all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring them to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and let it simmer until mangos are completely cooked, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Then let it cool for some time. Transfer the ingredients to a mixing jar and puree the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture again to the saucepan and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Your honey mango sauce is ready.
Crinkle Cut Fries Preparation
- To make crinkle cut fries, cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-wide strips with a waffle cutter.
- Place a frying pan in gas stove over low-medium heat. Add vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches. When the oil is warm, gently add the potatoes potato strips, in batches. Cook them over low-medium heat until the potatoes become lightly golden, but not brown, which will take approximately 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Drain the potato strips on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, and your crinkle cut fries are ready
To Assemble the Burrito
- Place a pan on the gas stove over low-medium heat. Add bacon pieces to the warm oil.
- Cook until it becomes golden brown from both sides. Season the bacon with salt and pepper.
- Drain excess oil and keep aside.
- Warm the flour tortillas on a pan.
- Place them on a flat surface. Add 1 chicken strip, bacon strips, crinkle cut fries, sour cream, hand grated cheddar cheese, and drizzle it with honey mango sauce.
- Fold them into the shape of a burrito and serve the taco hot and fresh to enjoy.
There are 1080 calories in an Epic Honey Mango crispy Chicken and Bacon Burrito from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (520). Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from an Epic Honey Mango crispy Chicken and Bacon Burrito.
- Serving: 1 Epic Honey Mango crispy Chicken and Bacon Burrito
- Calories – 1080
- Total Fat - 520
- Trans Fat - 58g
- Saturated Fat - 22g
- Sodium - 2080mg
- Carbs - 95g
- Sugar - 20g
- Protein: 0%
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
JAN 11, 2021
Del Taco offers up new Honey Mango Crispy Chicken as the latest limited-time flavor for their crispy chicken strips.
The new Honey Mango Sauce is described by the chain as the "sweet and sour sauce [you] grew up with, but with a Del Taco flavor twist."
While it's around, you can find the new sauce in the following menu items:
- $1 Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco - Crispy chicken strip, shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese, and Honey Mango Sauce, in a warm flour tortilla.
- $5 Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito - Crispy chicken strips, bacon, crinkle-cut fries, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and Honey Mango Sauce wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla.
Reviewed October 13, 2017
This place is fast junk food so you cant really expect much. I did enjoy the street tacos & epic burrito. It was better than Taco bell in my opinion. If you want authentic Mexican food, go to a Taco truck or Mexican restaurant. If you want something quick & easy with a drive thru, then this place is pretty good. They are open 24 hours, so definitely a good option for late night munchies.
Date of visit: October 2017
The Most Popular Queries
Are Epic burritos from Del taco healthy?
Ans: Epic burritos are a perfect launch menu at Del taco restaurants. They are big in size and have a lot of calories in them. So, those who are counting on calories may not like to have it. But the taste is really good and is able to serve the appetite of foodies up to a great extent. Note that, these are not free from allergens as they use dairy and other animal products in them.
Del Taco launches New Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Lineup
“Del Taco in October 2020 has introduced its food lovers with Cholula Hot Sauce-Inspired Crispy Chicken. Just after three months the brand presses the pause button on heat and goes all sweet with the introduction of Honey Mango Crispy Chicken,” Chew Boom has reported.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken is available in the following options at Del Taco chain:
Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito features crispy chicken strips, crispy bacon, Crinkle-Cut fries, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and honey mango sauce wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla.
You can order the Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito as a la carte for $5, or as part of a meal, served with a side of Crinkle-Cut fries and a beverage for $7.99.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box features three pieces of crispy chicken strips, mini churros sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, drizzled in honey mango sauce.
You can order Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box for a suggested price of $4 or as a meal served with a side of honey mango sauce and a beverage for $5.99.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco features a crispy chicken strip, hand- grated cheddar cheese, lettuce, and honey mango sauce, all in a folded, warm flour tortilla.
The Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco is available for the foodie fans on its at jsut $1, or as part of a meal where you can get two Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Tacos, Crinkle-Cut Fries and a beverage for $5.79.