Deluxe Chilli Cheddar Fries
How to make Deluxe Chilli Cheddar Fries
Deluxe Chilli Cheddar Fries from Del Taco features a pile of Crinkle Cut Fries covered with beefy chilli, freshly grated cheddar cheese, cool sour cream, diced onions, and fresh tomatoes. This menu is very much popular among the foodies and can be ordered as a side dish.
If you want to prepare this recipe at home, you can follow the recipe below. But before preparing the menu, you need to arrange the ingredients so that you won’t face any further hassles during the preparation process.
Deluxe chilli cheddar fries features crinkle cut fries and seasoned chilli flavoured beef along with garted cheddar cheese as main ingredients. Let us know all the ingredients that you need to arrange while preparing this recipe in your kitchen.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 Chopped sweet onion
- 1 Chopped tomato
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 11/2 cups Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 packet Taco seasoning
For Crinkle cut fries
- 4 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
- To start with the recipe, place a skillet on gas stove. Add oil after the skillet becomes warm. Add ground beef to the hot oil.
- Cook the ground beef until it becomes golden brown.
- Drain the excess grease.
- Return to the skillet to add seasonings. Add some water, and let it simmer for a few minutes. Switch off the flame when the beef is well cooked.
Crinkle Cut Fries Preparation
- To make crinkle cut fries, cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-wide strips with a waffle cutter.
- Place a frying pan in the gas stove over low-medium heat. Add vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches. When the oil is warm, gently add the potato strips, in batches. Cook them over low-medium heat until the potatoes become lightly golden, but not brown, which will take approximately 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Drain the potato strips on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, and your crinkle cut fries are ready
- Place the crinkle cut fries on a plate. Add a layer of seasoned beef on it.
- Add taco seasoning, shredded onions, tomatoes, cheese, and garnish with sour cream to your taste.
- Serve while hot.
There are 610 calories in Deluxe Chilli Cheddar Fries from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (59%). So, let us discuss all the nutrients that you get from 1 serving of Deluxe Chilli Cheddar Fries.
- Serving Size: 1 basket of fries
- Calories: 610
- Calories from Fat: 340
- Total Fat: 37g (57%)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (65%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 60mg (20%)
- Sodium: 820mg (34%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g (15%)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (24%)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 16g (32%)
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 20%
- Calcium: 20%
- Iron: 10%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutritional Facts Source: www.deltaco.com
I am definitely biased when it comes to Del Taco... I just love the place! My friends know me as the Del Taco apologist, and I can't say that they're wrong. I've been coming to this Del Taco since it opened during my college days, and I continue to love coming here whenever I can. They have recently remodeled the restaurant, and now it's even nicer than before - very clean, definitely nicer than other similar fast food restaurants.
Del Taco has a very nice variety of fast food to choose from that is cheap. For the price, it's very hard to beat Del Taco. Here are my recommendations:
Classic taco: A great taco modeled after Barstow Ca's, original Del Taco taco. It has a nice amount of meat and cheese. Only .99 cents!
Deluxe Chili Cheddar Fries: This is a must have! Crinkly fries with sour cream, chili, cheese, and diced tomatoes.
Veggie Works Burrito: No meat in this thing, but it has avocado and beans and rice with sour cream and lettuce. A great non-meat option that will fill you up.
I'd also recommend the chicken soft tacos, 1/2 lb bean and cheese burritos, deluxe taco (not only menu, but available), and their surprisingly good fish tacos.
Don't get me wrong and think you're going to some amazing authentic Mexican restaurant. This is FAST FOOD... so expect what that entails. But it's great for what it is.
Reviewed October 10, 2013
Can't go wrong with 24 hour fast food for those midnight munchies! Chili-cheddar fries and their battered fish tacos are my recommendations.
Date of visit: September 2013
The Most Popular Queries
How can I save time and calorie while preparing Deluxe Chilli Cheddar Fries at home?
Ans: You can save time by using store bought crinkle cut fries. You just need to fry them instantly to add in the menu. You can also skip using cheese if you want to save some extra calories. However, adding cheese will surely enhance the taste.
Del Taco introduces new Bacon Chipotle Cheddar Fries to their menu
Del Taco is not only spicing up their fries, they're also throwing bacon on them. Their new Bacon Chipotle Cheddar Fries joins the current Del Taco fry team of Chili Cheddar Fries and Deluxe Chili Cheddar Fries, Foodbeast has reported.
Del Taco’s latest crinkle cut fries are topped with diced tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese, bacon pieces and chipotle salsa. The chipotle sauce adds more taste and flavour to the dish.
The new fries are not the only new addition to the Del Taco menu as they announced that avocado is now available at the semi-Mexican fast food restaurant.
You can add some slices of avocado on the top of these fries to add extra flavour and taste.