Crispy Chicken Taco
How to make Crispy Chicken Taco
Crispy Chicken Taco from Del taco features crispy chicken strip, slathered in creamy ranch sauce and blanketed in shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce, all wrapped in a soft flour tortilla. This menu is one of the most loved menus of Del Taco and is available in their “buck and under” menu and will cost you just $1. However, the price may vary depending on your location.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, you can follow the below recipe that we have curated for your convenience. But before preparing the dish, you should know the ingredients that you need while preparing this dish in your kitchen.
Crispy chicken taco from Del taco uses shredded chicken and cheddar cheese as main ingredient. Besides these two ingredients the dish features a good blend of spices also. So, let us know all the ingredients that you need to keep handy at your kitchen while preparing this dish.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons mild tasting oil (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- lettuce shredded
- 1 tomatoes diced + deseeded
- Oil for frying
- For the tacos:
- Flour tortillas
- Lettuce chopped
Method of Preparation
- Place one pot on the gas stove over low-medium heat. Add water so that it covers 1” of the pot. Add chicken breast (1 pound) to the pot and add in the salt and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook the chicken like this for 15 minutes or until it is properly cooked. When you are done with the chicken, switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet on the gas stove, heat vegetable oil (2 tablespoons) in it. When the oil is warm, add chopped onion and saute until it becomes translucent, which will take you about 8 minutes.
- Add Taco Seasoning (4 tablespoons) and cook until the chicken becomes fragrant, which will take you about 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce (1/4 cup) and water (1/4 cup) to the chicken. Cook until the spices blend well.
- Add in the shredded chicken and toss to coat in the sauce. When you are finished with the chicken, remove it from the heat and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and warm the flour tortillas.
- To assemble the taco, place the tortilla on a flat pan. Add chicken, lettuce, and tomatoes on the tortilla. Add cheese and bake for about 1 minute so that the cheese melts. Take the tacos out from the oven.
- Serve fresh with salsa to enjoy!
There are 230 calories in a Crispy Chicken Taco from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (51%) and carbohydrates (32%). Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from a crispy chicken taco from Del Taco.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 14g (22%)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (30%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10%)
- Sodium: 540mg (23%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g (6%)
- Dietary Fibre: 1g (4%)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 10g (20%)
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
REVIEW: Del Taco Crispy Chicken Tacos
And, as tasty as that sounds, for those of us that need a bit more spice in our sad lives, there’s a hot ‘n ready habanero variation, one that dutifully replaces the regular ranch sauce with an arousing habanero-flavored sauce, also best described as “creamy.”
The unleaded Crispy Chicken Taco delivers so much more taste than I expected from a dollar item. Though somewhat small, this cut of chicken packs a mighty peck, doing more faux-Mexican flavor-ready damage than even the greenback-friendly McChicken Sandwich from McDonald’s.
The warm ranch cradles the chicken and provides a nice flavor. The mainly useless lettuce and cheese do add some hefty girth to the proceedings. Though not all that crispy, the chicken does it’s clucking job, providing a hearty taste far better than most other corporate taco-competitors.
Since the addition of its Beyond Meat items, we haven’t really heard too much from Del Taco lately. With these Crispy Chicken Tacos, however, that will hopefully change. And, with both tacos part of Del Taco’s value menu — each one costing only a measly dollar — it’s more than worth a summer sampling.
The Most Popular Queries
How can I modify Crispy Chicken Taco?
Ans: You can modify this dish in various ways as per your choice. If you do not like shredded chicken, you can make it in fajita style. Moreover, you can add your choice of cheese instead of cheddar cheese.
How can I make chicken crispier?
Ans: You can sprinkle some flour to the shredded chicken along with the taco seasoning and then stir fry it in the oil until it becomes crispy from all the sides. Then, you can follow the same procedure that we have discussed above to assemble your taco.
Del Taco launches New Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Lineup
Del Taco Inc., earlier in October 2020 has introduced the Cholula Hot Sauce-Inspired Crispy Chicken. After three months, the restaurant has announced to launch crispy chicken with a sweet twist of mango, which they call Honey Mango Crispy Chicken.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken is available in the following options:
“Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito: Crispy chicken strips, crispy bacon, Crinkle-Cut fries, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and honey mango sauce wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla.
The Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito is available a la carte for a suggested force of $5, or as part of a meal, served with a side of Crinkle-Cut fries and a beverage for $7.99.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box: Three pieces of crispy chicken strips, mini churros sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, drizzled in honey mango sauce.
The Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box carries a suggested price of $4. You can also get it in meal form served with a side of honey mango sauce and a beverage for $5.99.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco: A crispy chicken strip, hand- grated cheddar cheese, lettuce, and honey mango sauce, all in a folded, warm flour tortilla.
The Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco is available on its own for a suggested price of $1, or as part of a meal where you get two Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Tacos, Crinkle-Cut Fries and a beverage for $5.79,” reported by Chewboom.