Crispy Beef Tacos
How to make Crispy Beef Tacos
Crispy Beef Tacos from taco Villa features seasoned and cooked fresh beef inside warm Tacos. This is one of the most loved dishes in Taco Villa restaurant, which uses the right amount of spices and fresh juicy beef.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
Crispy Beef Taco from Taco Villa features fresh beef as its main ingredient along with a few spices. So, let us discuss all the ingredients so that you arrange them before preparing crispy beef taco in your kitchen.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon ancho chillie powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ½ pound fresh beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups water
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Mexican hot sauce
- black pepper powder
- Ten 6-inch flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Shredded Cheddar
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Wedged tomatoes
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, you need to prepare the marinade. In a large bowl, take oil, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, chilli powders, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, pepper, salt and thyme. Whisk them properly. Add the beef to this marinade and toss until it coats all the beef pieces properly. Cover the marinated beef and refrigerate overnight.
- Place a large skillet on the gas stove. Add oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Drain the beef, pat it dry and then add to the oil in batches. Cook until all the beef pieces are browned from all sides. When you are done with beef, keep aside.
- Add water, tomatoes, cumin, oregano, hot sauce and some salt and pepper to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Again add the beef to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the meat becomes tender, which will take you about a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- To prepare the Tacos, take a warm tortilla and fill with 3 tablespoons of seasoned and cooked beef. Fold the tortilla over and close with a few toothpicks along the sides. Continue the same procedure with the remaining tortillas.
- Place a large heavy-bottomed saucepan with enough oil to fill the pan; fill 1/3 of the saucepan with oil. Heat this oil over medium heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees F. You can check the temperature by putting a piece of bread in it. If the bread becomes brown, than you can now use this oil for frying.
- Fry the tacos in batches until they become golden brown and the shell becomes hard, which will take you about 3 minutes for each side. Whe you are done with the tacos, keep aside on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Then, remove the toothpicks and fill each taco with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Serve hot to enjoy.
There are 240 calories in a Crispy Beef Taco from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that you get from one Crispy Beef Taco from Taco Villa.
- Serving Size: 1 Crispy Taco
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 15.00g (19%)
- Saturated Fat- 0%
- Trans Fat- 0%
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13%)
- Sodium: 190mg (8%)
- Total Carbohydrate: 13.00g (5%)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0g (4%)
- Sugars- 0%
- Protein: 13.00g
- Vitamin D- 0%
- Iron- 0%
- Potassium- 0%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Reviewed March 23, 2021
On a lengthy visit to my hometown,I certainly made sure to frequent Taco Villa!Can't get enough on every visit from my home in Dallas,we don't have any here in North Texas.Love the Taco Burgers,and quite a lot on the menu.Highly recommended.
Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed March 8, 2020
Love this place! Very good to have for a quick bit that is good. Not too greasy and just the right amount of flavor.
Date of visit: August 2019
The Most Popular Queries
What kind of beef is in Taco Villa?
Taco Villa’s signature Crispy Taco is made with select beef that’s fresh, never frozen, and cooked several times each day. It’s seasoned with just the right spices to make the best taco you’ve ever tasted. And all Taco Villa Tacos are made with the freshest ingredients and tender loving care.
Video shows worker spitting on grill at Taco Villa in Big Spring, Texas
BIG SPRING, Texas (KOSA) – A video was posted on a Facebook page that showed a young worker at a Taco Villa restaurant in Big Spring spitting on a grill several times then wiping it down, CBS7 has reported.
Mayor Shannon Thomason posted that the city is investigating the incident.
A spokesperson for Bobby Cox Enterprises, who owns the restaurant, tells that the store was closed as soon as the company was alerted to the video. He said the store was deep-cleaned, the grill was replaced, and the worker was fired.
The worker’s mother posted an apology on the Facebook page, saying, “I was just a teenager who made a stupid, stupid mistake and did not use my head to process if this was wrong. I want to apologize for my actions again sincerely. I will be taking on any consequences for the actions I have committed.”