Chorizo and Egg Taco
How to make Chorizo and Egg Taco
Chorizo and egg taco from Taco Palenque is one of the best selling menu items of the restaurant that features Mexican style chorizo sausage and scrambled eggs wrapped in a flour tortilla. You can order this dish from the restaurant during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Chorizo and Egg taco from Taco Palenque restaurant features Mexican style chorizo sausage and scrambled egg as its main ingredients. However, the dish also takes a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy at your kitchen so that you do not face any hassles during the preparation of this dish.
- 12 ounces Mexican-style chorizo sausage
- 12 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 12 5-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons Cotija cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Hot sauce as a side dish
Method of Preparation
- The first step is to cook the chorizo: Switch on the gas stove and place a large skillet on it. Heat oil to the skillet. Add the chorizo and cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it starts to brown. Cook the chorizo until it gets completely brown, and then you need to transfer to a bowl lined with paper towels to drain the excess grease.
- The next step is to scramble the eggs: For this wipe the skillet just with a paper towel. If any residual oil is there then do not worry about this. It will help add flavour to the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and add salt, pepper, and milk to it, and then pour into the skillet and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Then stir the eggs gently as they start to cook, making sure to scrape all the sides of the skillet to form egg curds.
- The third step is to warm the tortillas: While the eggs are cooking, you need to warm the tortillas one at a time in a clean, dry skillet over medium-high heat. Warm until the side of the tortilla starts to char a bit; this will take you about 20 to 30 seconds. Then flip to the other side and repeat the same procedure. When the tortillas are ready, move the warm tortillas to a plate. Cover with a damp paper towel.
- You can also warm all the tortillas at once in a microwave. Stack them and then wrap them in a damp paper towel, and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds. Leave the paper towel on until it is ready to use.
- The next step is to add the sausage to the eggs: When the eggs are still slightly runny and are about to set up in curds, add the sausage back to the eggs to warm it back up. Stir a little and remove from heat.
- The final step is to assemble and serve the tacos: For this, you have to divide the filling between tortillas. Then add tomatoes, avocado chunks, crumbled Cotija cheese, and cilantro leaves over each taco. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve fresh with hot sauce to enjoy the dish.
There are 400 calories in 1 serving of Chorizo and Egg Taco from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Chorizo and Egg from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (176g)
- Calories: 400
- Fat cal(g): 230
- Fat (g): 26
- Saturated fat: 7
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 425
- Sodium (mg): 630
- Carbs (g): 20
- Fiber (g): 1
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 21
- Vit A %: 35%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Iron %: 15%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
Northeast Side, San Antonio, TX
Taco Palenque Edinburg - Breakfast was the most expensive, not worth the extremely expensive single tiny tortilla (package tortillas). I ordered five different types of tacos. Barbacoa $4.99, Greasy as .... uncooked, not worth cost, Machado $3.99, chorizo and eggs, chorizo and eggs, five total +taxes costly. You would have done better at stripes!, JC'S Super taco is great! in Edinburg, Cost versus value versus product Negative.
I really love this place. Good quick texmex and huge tacos. I have ordered tacos with cheese or tocino and been given chorizo instead. I hate chorizo but there's is god. The only bad thing about them is that they don't make queso, they use canned cheese!! So don't get the nachos, the cheese makes them a disappointment.
Great Mexican food at a great price. The breakfast tacos are pretty huge for being 99 cents. You can even as for extra tortillas with your meal free of charge. I also like the big selection of salsa they have to offer. Make sure you come hungry!
The Most Popular Queries
What Kind of Tortilla Should You Use?
Ans: The choice of tortilla is up to you. You can use a corn tortilla or flour tortilla; you can also use a mix of corn and flour tortilla also. The mixed one gives the perfect texture of crunch and softness in one tortilla.
What is cotija cheese?
Ans: Cotija cheese is a crumbly, salty Mexican cheese, similar to Parmesan cheese. You can find it in well-stocked grocery stores, or you can also substitute feta cheese or Parmesan cheese in place of cotija cheese.
Taco Palenque ensures safety of everyone during COVID-19 crisis
Taco Palenque restaurant has taken a few safety measures for their employees as well as the customers during the COVID-19 crisis, reported by Taco Palenque.
The chain has shared this on their website, www.tacopalenque.com through a post which includes a picture of the same announcement.
The post headlines are, “our goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy.”
They have also stated about the safety measures they have taken. The guidelines are as follows:
Reinforcing cleanliness: They are retraining, reinforcing, and executing cleaning practices through the implementation of a Quality Assurance Programme that guarantees that their kitchen, bathroom, dining area and all surfaces are disinfected properly.
Frequently washing hands: They have increased the frequency of washing hands.
If sick, stay at home: If one of their hosts is not feeling well, then they make sure that he stays at home instead of being in the restaurant.
Hand soap and hand sanitizers at all restaurants: They have provided adequate number of hand washes and sanitizers at all restaurants to ensure safety of their staff and customers.