Chips and Guacamole
How to make Chips and Guacamole
Chips and Guacamole is one of the most popular dishes at Taco Villa restaurant that includes corn chips and a blend of mashed avocado along with a few spices. Guacamole is also served with other dishes other than the corn chips at Taco Villa. You can order guacamole as a side dish while placing an order for any other dish.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 medium jalapeño, finely minced
- 10-12 sprigs cilantro, minced
- ¼ large white onion, diced
- 1-2 medium Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- Sea salt to taste
For Corn Chips
- 11 small corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp any neutral oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
Method of Preparation
Tortilla Chips Preparation
- To prepare the chips, preheat your oven to 350°F and meanwhile, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place a few corn tortillas at a time. You can cut 6 chips per tortilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cut tortillas. Add some oil, salt, and lime juice and toss them so that they combine well with each other.
- Place the marinated chips evenly across 2 parchment-lined pans, and bake in the pre-heated oven for 6 minutes at 350°F. When you are done with one side, flip the chips, then bake the other side for another 6-9 minutes, or until they become slightly golden brown.
- To prepare guacamole, remove the watery part of the tomatoes and finely dice the outer portion. Then dice the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic.
- The next step would be to cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Then, scoop out the inner green flesh onto a large plate and mash roughly using a fork.
- Add the garlic, lime juice, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and sea salt to the mashed avocados. Mash all the ingredients together to combine everything. You can adjust the quantity of seasonings as per your requirement.
- To serve the recipe, cool the chips and serve them with guacamole.
There are 390 calories in 1 serving of Chips and Guacamole from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Chips and Guacamole from Taco villa.
- Serving: 1
- Calories: 740
- Calories from Fat: 460
- Total Fat (g): 52
- Saturated Fat (g): 0
- Trans Fat (g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 0
- Sodium (mg): 1580
- Total Carbohydrates (g): 65
- Dietary Fiber (g): 9
- Sugars (g): 0
- Protein (g): 10
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile
I ordered a chicken rice burrito, a soft taco with no lettuce and Guadalajara light on the lettuce. I'm gonna do everything in my power not to visit this location again with my chicken burrito. I don't think I found any Chicken at all. My soft taco had more lettuce than I could pick off the same with the Guadalajara. Very very Disappointed! this isn't the 1st time... I think I'm done
Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile
I love mixing something soft and something crunchy when I eat fast food at a restaurant of this type. Taco Villa has a great combination burrito and they also have a unique Guadalajara. The latter has cool guacamole lettuce, shredded cheese and a tomato slice in a crispy round shell. These two are a must have each time we come into town. Never a disappointment and the price is right. I wish this chain was all over the state.
Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 27, 2015
I went there because all the locals talked about it. Wasn't bad. Like taco bell but a little better. Liked their dip trio. And the guys behind the counter were very helpful. It was also close to my hotel. Wish they were open later.
Date of visit: July 2015
The Most Popular Queries
How can I use guacamole?
Ans: You can use the guacamole with your favourite tacos and burritos. They taste even better with guacamole. Moreover, you can store the guacamole in the refrigerator to use on some other day. However, do not store for more than 1 week.
Taco Villa Opens in old Student’s Centre
Taco Villa, after nine months of construction, opened its doors in the Old Student Center on Thursday, September 15, reported by The Triton.
The restaurant will feature over 40 items that emphasize both traditional and unique takes on Mexican food. Each category of burritos, quesadillas, chips, french fries, chimichangas, tacos, and rolled tacos offers a variety of options and combinations.
Felix Calderon, the co-owner, recommends the Especial tacos, which are stuffed with carne asada, bacon, Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, cilantro, and cotija cheese as well as his personal favorite, the Tejano burrito: shredded chicken chorizo, cheddar cheese, and sour cream wrapped in a corn tortilla.
The restaurant hosts Taco Tuesday deals, serving $2 tacos, $4 mulitas, and 10 rolled tacos for $8.
Taco Villa is open Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and is located next to the General Store and across from the Campus Bike and Skate Shop.
“It’s been an adventure,” said Calderon. “We’re happy we’re open now and we hope to get involved with groups on campus in the future.”