Chicken Soft Taco
How to make Chicken Soft Taco
Chicken Soft Taco is a famous Taco Villa menu that features seasoned chicken inside a soft flour tortilla. You can order this dish from Taco Villa restaurant by visiting their website online or visiting their restaurant personally.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
Chicken soft taco features chicken as its main ingredient. It also takes a few spices in it. So, let us know all the ingredients before preparing this dish at home.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 limes, juice (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (or other oil)
- 8 corn tortillas (or low carb or lettuce wraps)
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, mix together all the spices in a small bowl. Add the lime juice to this mixture.
- Then add the chicken to a bowl, toss well to coat all the chicken pieces. Add all the other spices and lime juice. Then toss well using tongs to make sure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Let this marinated chicken rest for about thirty minutes. If you are running short of time, you can skip the resting procedure. It will still taste amazing.
- Switch on the gas stove, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the skillet. Once the oil becomes hot, add the chicken pieces to it.
- Cook chicken for about 7-10 minutes, while stirring occasionally until the chicken is just cooked properly. Do not overcook as it will make the chicken hard. You want the chicken to be tender.
- When you are done with the chicken, remove it from the skillet and keep aside while you warm the tortillas for about 1 minute or until it becomes warm.
- To assemble the soft tacos, Add the chicken filling onto the tortilla, top with taco toppings like salsa, pico de gallo, cheese, avocado, guacamole, diced onions, cilantro, etc.
- Fold it into taco shape and serve hot to enjoy.
There are 210 calories in a chicken soft taco from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 chicken soft taco from Taco villa.
- Serving Size: 1 Taco (123 gms)
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 8.00g (10%)
- Saturated Fat: 0%
- Trans Fat: 0%
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13%)
- Sodium: 610mg (27%)
- Total Carbohydrate: 16.00g (6%)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0g (4%)
- Sugars: 0.00g
- Protein: 18.00g
- Vitamin D
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
Stopped in Lamesa on our way to Lubbock and our burritos were horrible. I grew up with Taco Villa in Odessa and this is NOT a good one. For some reason the meat tasted different at this location. This was the second time I've been duped and there will not be a third!!! Corporate needs to check on this franchise because they are damaging the Taco Villa brand.
Big Spring, TX
NASTY.. Started with the lady at the drive thru with her neck covered in hickies - she was about 30 years old! We ordered a bean burrito and combo burrito. Inedible. Refried beans were nasty - like wipe that taste off your tongue nasty. And I love Taco Villa. But not this one.
San Antonio, TX
I'm a huge fan of Taco Villa but not this location. It hasn't been very good for awhile now. But this is thinly one in Lamesa.
So I have another try. It has gotten better than it was before. Maybe that's because Taco Bell is coming soon. I'm assuming they will get better so they don't get put out of business.
On another note they are remodeling the inside so you can only drive thru. By the way, the speaker doesn't work either.
The Most Popular Queries
How much does a soft taco cost at Taco Villa?
You can order Chicken soft tacos at just $2.49 from the restaurant. You can also order chicken crispy tacos at this price. However, the price may vary depending on your location.
Taco Villa in Topeka turns into good experience: A customer shared his experience
“Taco Villa restaurant in Topeka was a good experience for one of the customers as she returned satisfied from the place,” reported by CJonline.
You can read her experience below:
Recently, I decided to buy lunch for a couple of people and deliver it. I decided to stop at Taco Villa and order two taco salads. I was on a time crunch and I hurried inside to place my order when I realized I did not have my car keys and had locked the car.
Frustration and anxiety wanted to set in. I told the cashier what had happened and if I could use a phone to call AAA. She dialed the phone number for me and I gave AAA information. Without hesitation, she asked me if I would like a glass of water, which I needed by that time and glad she offered and told me I could sit anywhere I wanted to and wait.
As I was waiting she came up to me and asked if I would like a cookie since it was lunchtime and I said yes, a cookie sounds nice. Then a few minutes later she returned to tell me AAA was on their way. She turned lemons into lemonade for me. You can be sure I will return.
Rose Mary Medrano, Topeka