How to make Chicken Burrito
Chicken Burrito from Taco Villa features cooked seasoned shredded chicken along with refried beans and shredded cheese. This is a popular dish of the chain that you can order during the lunch hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the recipe below that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
Chicken burrito takes chicken, cooked rice, refried beans, and grated cheese as its main ingredients. If you want to prepare this recipe at home, then you have to keep the following ingredients handy in your kitchen during the preparation.
- 5 tortillas
- 1 tsp each onion powder,
- dried oregano
- 2 tsp each dried cumin powder
- Paprika Powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 600g / 1.2 lb chicken breast , sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves , finely minced
- 1 diced red capsicum/bell pepper
- 400g/14oz refried canned beans
- ¼ cup water
- 2.5 cups plain cooked white rice
- 400g/14oz canned corn , drained
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- ¼ cup coriander/cilantro , finely chopped
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, you need to prepare the burrito seasoning. For this you have to mix all the seasoning ingredients.
- In a large bowl take the chicken and drizzle 1 tbsp oil over chicken, mix well to coat. Then sprinkle the chicken with seasoning mix, toss well so that it coats the chicken properly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add marinated chicken to the oil. Cook for about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook the other side of chicken for another 2 minutes. When you are done with the chicken, remove it from heat and rest for 2 minutes, then chop.
- In the same skillet, add onion and garlic, cook for about 1 minute. Add capsicum; cook for about 2 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Then add refried beans, diced chicken and water. Stir well and cook for about 2 minutes or until it reduces slightly. The gravy should be thick and juicy, not watery and not dry. Let the filling cool for 5 minutes; it will thicken upon cooling.
TO ASSEMBLE BURRITOS
- Warm the tortillas gently in the microwave. Lay the warm tortilla on work surface.
- Place rice on the tortillas, top with chicken filling, corn, cheese then sprinkle with coriander. Fold up the tortillas burrito style.
- In another pan, fry the burritos over medium high heat. Do not add oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side to make tortilla crispy and to melt cheese a bit.
- You can also wrap the burritos tightly in foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F.
- Serve hot with sliced avocados, guacamole, sour cream, restaurant style salsa, Queso, or Nacho Cheese Dip. Enjoy!
- You can slice Chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 thin steaks out of each breast.
- Adding refried beans makes the burrito filling juicy and holds it all together, rather than making the filling dry and crumbly.
- We have used rice in this recipe; so, you need 1 cup of uncooked rice to make 2.5 cups cooked rice.
- You can store the burritos by wrapping it in cling wrap or foil in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- To reuse the burritos, it would be best to warm in the oven. Place the burrito in an oven for 15 minutes at 180C/350F wrapped in foil.
There are 430 calories in 1 Chicken Burrito from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 Chicken Burrito from Taco villa.
- Calories: 430
- Total Fat: 16.00g (21%)
- Saturated Fat: 0%
- Trans Fat: 0%
- Cholesterol: 75mg (25%)
- Sodium: 1100mg (48%)
- Total Carbohydrate: 40.00g (15%)
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0g (18%)
- Sugars: 0%
- Protein: 31.00g
- Vitamin D: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
- Potassium: 0%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
West Covina, CA
Our first time here. In the mood for some cocido and this place did Not disappoint. It was delicious. Plenty of meat and fresh veggies. My sis had a carnitas torta, hubby had the shredded beef tacos and nephew had sopes. Everything was delicious. I'm a loyal fan and will definitely be back. 5 WELL DESERVED STARS!!
My Husband and I went in to try a new Mexican spot the food was so yummy, and ozzie the worker was so friendly made us feel so welcome, very big personality made us laugh and we watched him he was with that with every customer, we went back again and took our family great experience, we will definitely be back soon.
Big Spring, TX
Eating at Taco Villa is not a bad meal, nor will your experience blow you away. Growing up south of Houston, Taco Bell was our destination, but moving to Lubbock made Taco Villa new. Either way, both joints do what they do and depending on the day you may or may not enjoy your meal. The Fiesta Taco Salad is great with extra ground beef. The smothered burrito is good and I like the hot sauce. Unfortunately, similar to most restaurants in this area, employees seem not to are about service or quality.
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile
I ordered a chicken rice burrito, a soft taco with no lettuce and Guadalajara light on the lettuce. I'm gonna do everything in my power not to visit this location again for my chicken burrito. I don't think I found any Chicken at all. My soft taco had more lettuce than I could pick off the same with the Guadalajara. Very very Disappointed! this isn't the 1st time... I think I'm done
Date of visit: March 2018
The Most Popular Queries
Does Taco Villa have outdoor seating?
Ans: Yes, Taco Villa has outdoor seating.
Pepe's Taco Villa is an enduring spot for regional Mexican fare
Pepe's serves Mexican food that tastes like it was made in a Mexican village, Phoenix New Times has reported.
They make enormously flavourful dishes, especially the riveting chicken mole enchilada. Green corn tamales are also first-rate, as is the Taco Monterrey, one stuffed with shredded beef and egg.
The chain provides the following facilities:
Hours: They are open on Sunday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and from Monday-Thursday they are open from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. They have different timings for Friday & Saturday; they are open from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. on these two days.
Alcohol: Full bar
The chain offers order/delivery via Grubhub.
Pepe’s Taco Villa gives banquet facilities and catering.
Parking Lot is available in the chain.
Reservations: Recommended, Reservations Accepted
Takeout: They offer takeout service. You just need to all restaurant to order/pay
The chain has other features like Wheelchair accessible, Kid Friendly, Patio/Sidewalk Dining, Private Party, Takeout
They serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner