Chicken Breast Fajita
How to make Chicken Breast Fajita
A delicious Taco full of the flavour of our marinated Chicken Breast Fajitas in Taco Palenque’s secret blend and grilled to perfection. If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Chicken Breast Fajita from Taco Palenque features chicken breast as its main ingredient. Besides this, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese,
- taco sauce, salsa,
- sliced red onions
- sour cream
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken in a large bowl. Toss well to coat; cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Then, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, add oil and add peppers and onions to it. Saute until the veggies become crisp-tender. After the veggies are done remove from the flame and keep warm.
- Now drain chicken, discarding the excess marinade. In the same skillet, add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken remains no longer pink, which will take you about 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- To assemble the tacos, warm the tortillas and add a spoonful of chicken breasts filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half into the shape of a taco. Serve hot with the above suggested toppings.
There are 260 calories in 1 serving of Chicken Breast Fajita from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Chicken Breast Fajita from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (105g)
- Calories: 260
- Fat cal(g): 80
- Fat (g): 9
- Saturated fat: 2.5
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 20
- Sodium (mg): 780
- Carbs (g): 19
- Fiber (g): 2
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 24
- Vit A %: 0%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Iron %: 6%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
Reviewed June 16, 2020
Wife & I had the fajitas, beef for me & chicken for her, with a pitcher of margarita,s- not enough meat for decent taco- margarita was a 16oz cup of watered down lime juice Never again
Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed February 27, 2021 via mobile
The ratings need to be alot higher than listed here. The Tacos Al Pastor are some of the best along with their Fajita beef tacos so tender and most. Make the stop in the RGV you'll kick yourself if ya dont. Can i have a pipeline back to Wyoming??
Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed February 6, 2019
Whenever I am in this area I always visit this restaurant. This is one of the few places you can get Jamaica (Hibiscus tea). The beans, rice, and fajitas that you get in what is mostly a take out place are equal to what you get in a higher priced sit down restaurant.
Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile
Love that this place is open 24/7! We were visiting McAllen and got in very late. My hubby asked a cashier at HEB to recommend late night tacos. It was after 1 am and the place was packed. Good sign. When we walked in, the place was completely filthy. Food all over the tables and floors, overflowing trash cans, and not one table bussed. We ordered fajita tacos, chicken quesadillas, and a HUGE fajita burrito all on flour tortillas to go. The food was made fresh, the tortillas homemade, salsa flavorful and the beans were delish! Do yourself a favor and take it to go. Next time we go to Texas, I will be back!
Date of visit: January 2019
The Most Popular Queries
Can I use any other meat instead of chicken?
Ans: Fajitas are flexible and versatile dish. If you want to save on preparation time, then you can use chicken tenders. They are a little larger than chicken breast strips, so you need to give enough time to cook them thoroughly. You can also swap out the chicken for steak, tofu and even portobello mushrooms.
What should I serve with Chicken fajitas?
Ans: There is an array of options if you want to ask about the side dish to serve with chicken Fajitas. Our favorites are guacamole, pico de gallo or salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream and hot sauce.
Latest News of Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque menu can be ordered on the app now
Now, you can order your favourite dishes of Taco Palenque on their app. This will make your food ordering experience way better than ordering food on their website. The chain has shared a post regarding this on their official Facebook page.
The post is as follows:
How about some delicious flautas?
Drop by Taco Palenque or order through our app and experience our authentic Mexican flavors!
Grab it from here 👇