How to make Chicharron Tacos
Chicharron Tacos from Taco Palenque is one of the most popular menu items of the restaurant that features seasoned pork belly fat (Chicharron), and salsa wrapped in a flour tortilla. You can order this dish from the restaurant during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation
Chicharron Tacos from Taco Palenque features seasoned pork belly fat as the main ingredient. However, there are also other ingredients that you need during the preparation of this dish at home.
- 2 pounds pork belly fat, cut into ½ -inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups Chilli Salsa
- 10 (5 ½ -inch) soft flour tortillas, for serving
- Pickled jalapenno rings
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, add the pork fat and salt in a large heavy skillet. Cook the pork over low heat until it has fully rendered its fat and the pieces are puffed and airy, which will take you about 40 minutes.
- Transfer the Chicharrones to a large saucepan, add the salsa, and cook on medium-high heat until the sauce is almost dried up and coats the Chicharrones, which will take you about 10 minutes.
- When you are done with the pork, remove from the heat and keep aside, or you can keep warm in the pan until ready to serve.
- To assemble the tacos, warm tortillas on the pan. Lay the tortillas side by side, open face and overlapping on a platter. Add the filling equally between the tortillas and top with garnish and salsa.
- Then fold the tortillas into the shape of a taco and serve hot to enjoy.
There are 380 calories in 1 serving of Chicharron Taco from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Chicharron Taco from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (153g)
- Calories: 380
- Fat cal(g): 170
- Fat (g): 19
- Saturated fat: 6
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 10
- Sodium (mg): 980
- Carbs (g): 38
- Fiber (g): 3
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 14
- Vit A %: 20%
- Vit C %: 2%
- Calcium%: 4%
- Iron %: 10%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
First to Review
Now this is authentic Mexican food. I ordered chicharron tacos, but you can get tacos with just about anything in them. They are the small tacos like you would get in Mexico, so a plate consist of five small tacos. Don't worry about their being small tacos, because a plate of five is quite filling. They were excellent by the way, and my order included all the extras: onions, jalapeños, lime slices, and cilantro. Just for fun, I ordered a real Mexican soda, and out came a bottle of Coca-Cola made in Mexico with real sugar. This is a great place. It is an outdoor venue, so come prepared to sit outside at one of the picnic tables or to take it home.
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile
My family and I love the food here, fajitas are soft and always cooked perfectly. The tortillas are also delicious. Restaurants always packed, so we never dine in. Always drive thru, there’s always a line, but it moves fast.
Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile
Great menu to choose from. Fast friendly service. Great food from just a potato and egg to a chorizo, bean, egg, and potato taco. Nice portions - two more than filled me up. Pico de Gallo on the side. Great prices. Right around $8.50 for 5 tacos. Open 24 hours. Has drive through so you can run over without having to really being seen by anyone!
Date of visit: March 2017
Lake Mary, FL
It may not look like much, but by God this is the best Mexican fast food chain I've ever experienced it. So good, I went back the next day to try most of the menu items. Between their pirata, tacos, quesadillas, panchos, queso, salsa, and more... I'm addicted.
What do I have to do to get one of these in the Lake Mary/Sanford FL area?!
Seriously. So good, I'm going to go through withdrawal.
The Most Popular Queries
What is Chicharron?
Ans: Chicharron is a dish that generally consists of fried pork belly or fried pork rinds. Chicharron can also be made from chicken, mutton or beef.
Where did tacos with Chicharron come from?
Ans: Chicharron is meat from pork, coming directly from the pork’s outer skin; this ingredient is similar to fried pork rinds. The tradition for preparing and eating Chicharron can be traced back to Andalusia in Spain; it is now enjoyed throughout Mexico and South America in general.
Latest News about Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque, McPherson Rd. celebrates 34th anniversary in a unique way
Taco Palenque, McPherson Rd. celebrated their 34th anniversary on 2nd July this year in an unique way by organizing a contest among the foodie fans, reported by Taco Palenque’s official facebook page.
They shared about this contest through a post their official Facebook page:
The post is as follows:
And our anniversary week ends!
It’s been a blast, and we’re so thankful to every one of you for the last 34 years.
Congrats to all of the winners, and all of you who participated, and/or indulged in some Taco P favorites along the way.
We can’t wait for 35!