Carne Asada Taco
How to make Carne Asada Taco
Carne Asada Taco from Chronic Taco is one of the most loved dishes of the restaurant that features marinated and seasoned carne asada steak wrapped in a corn tortilla. If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Carne Asada Taco from Chronic Taco includes marinated and seasoned carne asada steak as its main ingredient. Besides this, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- 1 ½ pounds skirt Steak
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatillos
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, first you need to place sliced meat into a shallow bowl. Then, season with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Now add lime juice to the meat, and mix well so that the meat is evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add tomatillo and jalapenos. Then you need to puree the ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until it becomes thick.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the tomatillo mixture very gently. Cook the mixture while stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add beef broth to this mixture. Reduce heat, and let it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture coats a spoon. When you are done with the mixture, transfer it to a serving dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high flame. Stir in 1/3 of the beef, and saute for about 1 minute. Transfer the cooked carne asada to a serving dish. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining beef. Meanwhile, heat tortillas in the pan.
- To serve the taco, place two tortillas on top of each other. Add desired amount of meat and some tomatillo mixture. Top with onions, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve hot to enjoy the dish.
There are 330 calories in 1 serving of Carne Asada Taco from Chronic Taco; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Carne Asada Taco from Chronic Taco.
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23%)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 55mg (18%)
- Sodium: 850mg (35%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g (10%)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12%)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein:17g (21%)
- Vitamin A: 1%
- Vitamin C: 33%
- Calcium: 2%
- Iron: 111%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: https://www.menuwithnutrition.com/chronic-tacos-menu-nutrition/
OK chronic tacos has the best chicken Asada tacos of anywhere. Additionally their been in cheese burrito which is a go to for me is outstanding. I wish they had red enchilada sauce and they do not. But I just buy me some La Victoria and put that on my burrito at home because the burrito itself and the chicken Asada tacos are bomb!!!!!!
I like this place the only problem is a parking spaces on weekends but I said good place to hang out with friends and I really recomend the carne asada tacos..
Two words: Freakin' amazing. After rattling off a bunch of different places to go get lunch, my cousin and I decided on Chronic Taco because I've heard really good things from friends and this new location recently opened in HB. It's nestled/hidden right between Corner Bakery and Pei Wei and has places to eat inside or an outside patio. While we were standing in line waiting to order the smell was so intoxicating...or maybe we were just really hungry. At first I was going to get a breakfast burrito which they serve all day but then I saw the carne asada meat and I pretty much knew I had to try it. So I ordered the carne asada burrito with spanish rice, refried beans, cheese, hot salsa and sour cream. It was so delicious. My cousin ordered carne asada tacos, which she really loved too. They're having a deal that if you buy one of the large collector's cups, refills are just 99cents all summer long. Pretty cool. The workers there are really nice and very helpful, went out of their way to make sure we had a really awesome experience. The prices are pretty decent for the amount and deliciousness of the food. It's definitely way better than Chipotle, by a long shot & I'll definitely be back for more.
This was my first time I visited a chronic taco... and today was the first day they opened too. The carne asada tacos are so awesome. I'm usually a very picky eater so I was surprised at how good the tacos were and how fresh the salsa is (and I hate tomatoes)! Now I'm a fan! Thank you CT for opening here. Now I can mix up my food selections!
The Most Popular Queries
What Is Carne Asada?
Ans: Carne Asada is basically a type of beef that is marinated and grilled, typically served sliced in thin strips as a main course or as a filling in tacos, burritos, etc. in Mexican Cooking. Traditionally, carne asada is a cut of skirt or flank steak. However, tenderloin steak and rib steak can also be used while making carne asada recipes. When making a good carne asada, you need to choose the right cut of meat to ensure great flavor and texture.
Chronic Tacos Celebrates National Taco Day With Free Tacos On Oct. 4
Code word gets all customers one free taco at participating locations
September 20, 2019: Chronic Tacos, a California-inspired Mexican grill, is giving away one free taco to all lunch customers in celebration of National Taco Day, October 4th. For the second year in a row, customers will get one free Chicken, Al Pastor, Carnitas or Beyond Beef taco with the code word announced on Chronic Tacos social media. Offer valid from 11am – 2pm at all locations, reported by Franchising.com.
To redeem the free taco, customers must follow Chronic Tacos on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter @Chronictacos. The code word will be mentioned a week in advance so make sure to keep an eye out!
Founded in 2002, the California-based company has more than 50 locations operating across the US, Canada and Japan, and is committed to serving only the highest quality with fresh ingredients and all-natural meats.
Timings: Friday, October 4, 2019 from 11am-2pm