Carne Asada Nachos
How to make Carne Asada Nachos
Carne Asada Nachos from Chronic Taco is served on a platter that features cooked carne asada meat in pineapple juice and nacho chips along with avocado slices, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and salsa.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Carne Asada Nachos from Chronic Taco includes cooked carne asada steak and nacho chips as its two main ingredients. Besides this, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- 1 ½ pounds skirt Steak
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatillos
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- Corn tortillas, cut in shape of nacho chips and deep fried in oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, first you need to place sliced meat into a shallow bowl. Then, season with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Now add lime juice to the meat, and mix well so that the meat is evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add tomatillo and jalapenos. Then you need to puree the ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until it becomes thick.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the tomatillo mixture very gently. Cook the mixture while stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add beef broth to this mixture. Reduce heat, and let it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the mixture coats a spoon. When you are done with the mixture, transfer it to a serving dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high flame. Stir in 1/3 of the beef, and saute for about 1 minute. Transfer the cooked carne asada to a serving dish. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining beef.
- To assemble the nachos platter, add a spoonful of cooked carne asada on a plate, add pineapple, chopped onion, and cilantro. Then top it with onions, guacamole, avocado slices, nacho chips, sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro, and your favourite salsa.
There are 1070 calories in 1 serving of Nachos Carne Asada from Chronic Taco; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Nachos Carne Asada from Chronic Taco.
- Serving Size: 1 platter
- Calories: 1070
- Calories from Fat: 470
- Total Fat (g): 52 80%)
- Saturated Fat (g): 26 (130%)
- Trans Fat (g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 165 (55%)
- Sodium (mg): 2620 (109%)
- Total Carbohydrates (g): 95 (32%)
- Dietary Fiber (g): 7 (28%)
- Sugars (g); 8
- Protein (g): 55 (20%)
- Vitamin A: 1%
- Vitamin C: 100%
- Calcium: 10%
- Iron: 250%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: https://www.menuwithnutrition.com/chronic-tacos-menu-nutrition/
First time to chronic taco and I must say I was impressed it's like a chipotle but on steroids the meats are tastier they burritos are healthier as in size the do not cheat you they pile it on burritos are pretty fat the nachos are for two or three people so if you get a chance swing by you won't be disappointed
Central LA, Los Angeles, CA
I love this spot, the lady there is amazing and they really help you out there like real good serving size, th3y not stingy. I got the nachos and the bowl and they was both loaded to the top! Amazing customer service as well and always have great recommendations if you ask.
Never had Chronic Tacos before & I'm glad my 1st try was this location! The meats were tender, juicy & so flavorful! I loved the Pastor & the Asada! I made my daughter get the California burrito with Asada & I got the Pastor so we can share halves. Lots of variety toppings & fillings. The salsas were not just a heat addition, but also flavorful. They even had ghost pepper sauce you can add if you need a hotter kick! Our burritos paired great with the Mexican glass bottled Coke & non-alcoholic Sangria. I'm super excited to go back and try the loaded fries & nachos! The owners were friendly & helpful, giving a first timer like myself some tips on what most people love. All staff had masks on at all times & everything looked clean & sanitized. We will definitely be coming back! Not very many delicious Mexican food places in the Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills area, so we're extremely happy to finally find one!
The More Related Queries
What kind of meat is used for carne asada?
Ans: The meat used in carne asada is often the ranchera, or flap steak. You can also use flank steak or skirt steak, which is traditionally marinated and grilled over charcoal, then chopped and cooked further on a flattop or stovetop grill pan before it’s served.
Chronic Taco Celebrates National Taco Day by offering Free Tacos with Purchase of a Drink on Oct. 4
September 23, 2021, Aliso Viejo, Calif. - Chronic Tacos, the Southern California taco shop brand, is giving away FREE TACOS with the purchase of a drink on October 4th in celebration of National Taco Day. Customers will receive a free taco by purchasing any Coca-Cola fountain drink at participating locations, reported by Franchising.com.
Offer is available in-stores only.
“National Taco Day is our favorite day of the year,” said Michael Mohammed, CEO and President of Chronic Tacos. "We are excited to help everyone celebrate with tacos again and can’t wait to share our authentic flavors with everyone."
National Taco Day Free Taco offer includes Chicken, Carnitas, Al Pastor, and veggie tacos only with the purchase of a regular Coca-Cola fountain drink. Offer excludes fish, shrimp, steak, Beyond Beef and potato tacos. One taco per customer at participating locations.