Caramel Cheesecake Bites
How to make Caramel Cheesecake Bites
Caramel Cheesecake Bites from Del Taco is a dessert that features delicious bite-size cheesecakes dripping with caramel and fried for a warm, melting sweet indulgence.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, you can follow the recipe below that we have curated for your convenience. But before preparing the dish, you should know the ingredients that you need while preparing this dish in your kitchen.
Caramel Cheesecake Bites take cheese and sugar as its main ingredients. However, there are also other ingredients that you need to arrange before preparing this dish at home. Let us discuss all the ingredients before starting the preparation.
- 19 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, first preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then crush the slivered almonds. In a mixing bowl add the almond flour, almonds, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients well. Add the butter to this mixture and combine with a spoon till all the ingredients mix well with each other.
- Line a muffin tin and place baking sheets on it. Pour the almond mixture into the bottom of the liners. Bake for 10 minutes to set to become an almond crust.
- Turn the oven down to 300°.
- In another mixing bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and eggs. Beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Place this mixture into the muffin tins with a prepared almond crust. Bake for 40 minutes or until they are baked properly.
- While cakes are cooking, you can start preparing the caramel. To prepare caramel, combine granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves, stirring it occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Discontinue stirring while allowing it to cook for another 10 minutes or until the colour of the caramel becomes like light brown sugar.
- Remove from heat; carefully add in butter and milk. Then again place the pan over medium-high heat until the caramelized sugar melts. Bring to a boil and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool the caramel to room temperature. Cover the same and chill for 1 hour or until it becomes slightly thickened.
- Now take the cheesecakes out of the oven when they are properly baked. Once they are cool, you can see that the middle portion is slightly falling, which is the perfect indent for the caramel.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon caramel over each cheesecake. Now your caramel cheesecake bites are ready to eat. Serve fresh and enjoyable.
Note: We have modified this dish for your convenience. But the taste will be the same.
There are 460 calories in 2 Piece Caramel Cheesecake Bites from Del Taco. Most of those calories come from fat (56%) and carbohydrates (39%). Let us discuss all the nutrients that you get from 2 cake bites of Caramel cheesecake bites from Del Taco.
Serving Size: 2 cake bites
- Calories: 460
- Calories From Fat: 250
- Total Fat: 28g (43%)
- Saturated Fat: 10.0g (50%)
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13%)
- Sodium: 310mg (13%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g (14%)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0%)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 6g (12%)
- Vitamin A: 8%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 8%
- Iron: 8%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutritional Facts Source: www.deltaco.com
Reviewed December 13, 2015
On our way from San Francisco to Los Angeles, we (a couple) made a short stop at Del Taco located in Lebec at I-5. We had quite good expectations from Del Taco, but left without satisfaction.
We ordered one meal with quesadilla, two classic tacos and a drink and another one with burrito and fries. For dessert, we picked Caramel Cheesecake Bites. Two beverages accompany our meal. We paid 16 USD for everything.
Burrito was too soft and reminded of a crepe stuffed with paste made from beans, cheese and beef. Tacos had a very indifferent taste as well as quesadilla.
What saved our visit were fried Caramel Cheesecake Bites. Basically, we could easily come again to Del Taco just for them but not for anything else.
Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed January 2, 2014
Del Taco wins hands down, in my opinion, for fast food mexican (sorry, Taco Bell, but it's true) and also offers burgers. Open 24 hours and offering breakfast, this place has something for everyone. The meat tastes like meat, and the toppings are fresh. Beans are lard free and made in-store. You see them cook things here; it's not simply a warm bag, cut open the bag, and dump the bag of "stuff" for sloping together things. I like their classic double meat/double cheese tacos (soft or crunchy) with lettuce, cheese, and tomato. I like the macho nachoes, the hash brown sticks, the caramel cheesecake bites (yummy!), burgers, and a bunch of other items. It's been awhile since I've been there for breakfast, but I recommend the sauce on the side of breakfast items (if you like it, then add it). Crinkle cut fries, caramel shakes (all the shakes are good, really), and four types of taco sauce available. Try the mac-n-cheese bites when they are offered there - terrific. I find 3 or 4 classic tacos are a good meal without other items, but there's so much to try that I'm sure you'll find something you'll like. I only wish there were more Del Taco's around in Michigan as I prefer them when I want fast food mexican. Sign up for an email club for free items. Take advantage of giftcard bonus items free with giftcard bonus, and other specials that they offer. Nice staff and always busy. Free WIFI too.
Date of visit: December 2013
The Most Popular Queries
Can I bake the cheesecake instead of frying them as mentioned at Del Taco?
Ans: Del Taco’s caramel cheesecake bites feature a caramel filling inside the cheesecake that is fried. However, you can follow our recipe that we have prepared for your convenience. In our recipe, we have not used the traditional way of preparing this dish; rather we have baked the cheesecake and then poured the caramel sauce on them.
Del Taco introduces New Caramel Cheesecake Bites That became the Fan Favourite
(Lake Forest, CA) Sept. 8, 2009 – Recently, Del Taco quietly introduced a new decadent dessert – Caramel Cheesecake Bites, which are delicious bite-size cheesecakes dripping with caramel and fried for a warm, melting sweet indulgence, Del Taco has reported. .
These deep-fried bite-sized sweet treats quickly attracted online attention with dozens of Tweets from satisfied customers who shared their positive reactions:
- "Got to get ready for work.... It's hard to try to eat right when we have new caramel cheesecake bites that are DEEP FRY! Xoxo," wrote 1TiredGorda.
- "If any of you "tweeps" go to del taco i recommend getting the caramel cheesecake bites," said KimiChaos.
- "Caramel Cheesecake Bites. If you are a caramel-holic like myself, a wonderful tasty interlude. Del Taco has hit a winner in my book," wrote Dashman7.
"Our new Caramel Cheesecake Bites are so good, our customers can't keep quiet about them," said John Cappasola, vice president of marketing at Del Taco. "They are a flavorful complement to a meal or a delicious snack that is great any time of the day."
Caramel Cheesecake Bites can be ordered at $1.99 for two or $3.89 for four. This mouth watering dish is joined by traditional Mexican churros and moist and delicious chocolate cake on the Del Taco menu.
However, price and participation may vary depending on the location. Del Taco is a leading national Mexican quick-serve chain with more than 500 restaurants in 18 states.