How to make Caesar Salad
Caesar Salad from Taco palenque features fresh romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing, Cotija cheese, crisp tortilla strips and topped with the mouth watering chicken breast fajitas made at the time you order it.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Caesar Salad from Taco Palenque features Chicken Breast Fajita and Caesar dressing as its main ingredient. Besides this, the dish also features a few other ingredients that you need to keep handy during the preparation.
- Iceberg lettuce shredded
- Romaine lettuce shredded
- Corn tortilla chips
- Tomatoes cut into small pieces
- Cotija cheese
For Caesar dressing
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (found near the canned tuna in the supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I like the brand Maille)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann's Real
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For Chicken Breast Fajitas
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- ½ medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
Method of Preparation
Caesar dressing preparation
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
Beef fajita Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken in a large bowl. Toss well to coat; cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Then, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, add oil and add peppers and onions to it. Saute until the veggies become crisp-tender. After the veggies are done remove from the flame and keep warm.
- Now drain chicken, discarding the excess marinade. In the same skillet, add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken remains no longer pink, which will take you about 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through. Your chicken breast fajita is ready.
Assembling the Salad
- To assemble the salad, add 1 layer of shredded iceberg lettuce, add 1 layer of romaine lettuce in a bowl. Drizzle the Caesar dressing over the lettuce leaves. Place some corn tortilla chips on it. Then add tomatoes and cheese over it. On the top add chicken breast fajitas and serve fresh to enjoy.
There are 270 calories in 1 serving of Caesar Salad from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Caesar Salad from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (241g)
- Calories: 270
- Fat cal(g): 120
- Fat (g): 14
- Saturated fat: 4.5
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 35
- Sodium (mg): 830
- Carbs (g): 9
- Fiber (g): 4
- Sugar (g): 2
- Prot (g): 27
- Vit A %: 250%
- Vit C %: 10%
- Calcium%: 15%
- Iron %: 10%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile
You are not coming here for the ambiance unless you have small children as there is a McDonald style playland..... BUT the food is very fresh. Great fajitas and the Palenque salad is refreshing. The quesadilla is a good safe bet. The chip and salsa bar are well stocked and feature red salsa, green salsa, ranchers salsa, pick de gallo, cucumbers, lettuce, radishes, cabbage, banana peppers, etc.
Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile
We went through the drive through for a quick lunch while in New Braunfels. The steak tacos with multiple sauce and salsa options are terrific. We also enjoyed their chips and quest. In this COVID time the drive through is the way to go. The chips are homemade and come in a brown paper bag. Their food is delicious and never feels like it came from a fast food restaurant even though they have quick service.
Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile
We ordered take out from this spot. On this day we had chips and queso as well as fajita meat tacos with beef. The tacos were great and we packed numerous toppings from their condiment bar.
The chips and queso but my only think keeping me for giving this a “5” rating was that the chips provided were very tasty bu there were not enough sauce of them to match the size of the queso come container.
Overall it was very good and tasty. We ordered in but took our food home. The site also has a drive through at this location.
Date of visit: November 2019
The Most Popular Queries
How long can I store the homemade Caesar dressing?
Ans: You can store the homemade Caesar dressing for 1 week if you keep it in the refrigerator.
How can I add more fun to the caesar salad recipe?
Ans: You can add tofu, mushrooms, and your favourite veggies in Caesar salad recipe, which will definitely add more fun to it. If you do not like meat then you can avoid chicken fajitas also.
Latest News of Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque app is getting interesting for the food lovers
Taco Palenque always finds innovative ideas to attract the food lovers. This time they are sending loving messages to the customers after they order food from Taco Palenque through their mobile app.
The chain posted this on their Official Facebook Page and requested the fan foodies to download their app as soon as possible.
The post is as follows:
Our app will provide you with food AND love.
No other app can compare. 😊
Join us and download our app! 👇