Bean and Chorizo Taco
How to make Bean and Chorizo Taco
Bean and Chorizo Tacos from Taco Palenque restaurant include Mexican- style Chorizo flavoured refried beans and cheese wrapped inside a flour tortilla. You can order this dish from the restaurant during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
Bean and Chorizo Taco from Taco Palenque features refried beans in chorizo flavour, cheese and a few other vegetables as its main ingredients. So, let us discuss all the ingredients that you need to keep handy at your kitchen during the preparation of this dish.
- 1 bag of Refried Beans in Chorizo flavor.
- Pepper powder
- 2-4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Cup Red Grape Tomatoes cut into ¼ – ½ inch squares
- 2 Cups fresh chopped Green leaf lettuce
- 6-8 Corn Tortilla Shells
- 2 Cups shredded cheese
- 1 Medium to Large Purple Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, wash and prepare all the vegetables. Then you need to shred the lettuce and cut the tomatoes into halves or fourths and keep aside in separate bowls or containers.
- The next step is to cook the beans. Heat 1½ cups of water to a boil and pour in the instant Refried Beans. You have to stir the beans every 30-60 seconds for 5 minutes. Beans will cook up in about five minutes and are ready to add to your Tacos.
- To assemble the tacos, heat the flour tortillas in a pan and do not overcook as it will harden the taco shells. Place the tortillas in a flat pan. Add two tablespoons of refried beans, cheese, add vegetables like tomatoes, lettuce, and onions and a spoon of salsa.
- Fold it into the shape of a taco and warm it on the pan until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot and fresh with salsa and sour cream to enjoy.
There are 430 calories in 1 serving of Bean and Chorizo Taco from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrates and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Bean and Chorizo Taco from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (153g)
- Calories: 430
- Fat cal(g): 180
- Fat (g): 21
- Saturated fat: 7
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 10
- Sodium (mg): 950
- Carbs (g): 50
- Fiber (g): 12
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 12
- Vit A %: 15%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Calcium%: 6%
- Iron %: 15%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
Reviewed August 7, 2020
Taco Palenque seems to do a decent jobs most of the time, but today they missed the mark, big time. The fajitas were fatty and had gristle and were on the dry side, maybe over cooked. The tortillas were the worse tortillas I've ever had. They were not fully cooked, were hard and did not taste good. They appear to make them ahead of time and wrap them in foil and keep them near the grill or a warmer. The avocado was obviously from yesterday. It was black and tasted like the avocados were overripe and had a terrible flavor. The green sauce was also disgusting and wasn't cold, which means it's not being kept under proper refrigeration. The rice was decent, but the beans had way to much grease. It was floating on top of the beans. It was like throwing away $15 during lunch. The managers need to start managing and not stand by the doors staring at the cars driving by. There are no customers in the store, so he should focus on the staff. I could manage this store with my eyes closed. On a scale of 1 to 5 with five being the best, I give them a "1". If they had a "0" I give them a zero.
Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed July 17, 2020 via mobile
This is an average fast food Mexican place. The staff is friendly, and the drive thru is ran efficiently.
My husband and I decided to try out Taco Palenque since it was near our hotel. Plus, it was after 11pm on a Sunday night, so our choices were limited.
The chicken for our fajitas was very dry. The rice, beans, and pico were good. I also had a chicken quesadilla which was good as well.
I would probably visit again if I was after a late night snack.
Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile
My family and I love the food here, fajitas are soft and always cooked perfectly. The tortillas are also delicious. Restaurants always packed, so we never dine in. Always drive thru, there’s always a line, but it moves fast.
Date of visit: March 2019
The Most Popular Queries
What can I eat for breakfast at Taco Palenque?
Ans: Having breakfast with Taco Palenque is the best way that you can start your morning. The restaurant provides a variety of tacos wrapped in delicious flour or corn tortillas and a few amazing breakfast plates that you can choose from.
Latest News about Taco Palenque
TACO PALENQUE RESPONSE TO HURRICANE HANNA
Taco Palenque comes together and dispatched it Food Truck to serve those affected by Tropical Depression Hanna, reported by Taco Palenque.
McAllen, TX-7/29/2020. – Few days after Hurricane Hanna touched South Texas, thousands of people remain with no power and dealing with damaged caused by flooding and strong winds. This thought times require the kindness and helpfulness of the community, the reason why employees of Taco Palenque formed a team of 10 members to prepare & serve hot meals in areas such as Pharr, Edinburg, Edcouch, and Weslaco where services are not yet working.
Today is the first day that the Relief Crew from Taco Palenque visits the cities and already fed 1000 families in Pharr, TX. The restaurant had the opportunity to serve in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in 2017, although Hanna damage is not near what was caused by Harvey, it’s in the core of Palenque Group to serve families in need after a natural disaster.
Taco Palenque thanks the community who has been helping out distributing essential items such as water and cleaning products. Also, the chain ahs thanked to the City Commissioners of the different areas who supported this cause.