Bean and Cheese Taco
How to make Bean and Cheese Taco
Bean and Cheese taco from Taco Palenque is one of the best selling menu items of the restaurant that features seasoned refried beans, and generous amounts of grated cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla. You can order this dish from the restaurant during their breakfast hours.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the below recipe that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients that you need during the preparation.
So, let us discuss all the ingredients that you need to keep handy at your kitchen during the preparation of this dish.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Flour tortillas
- 10-12 ounces grated cheese
- Chopped lettuce
- Pico de Gallo
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the recipe, place a pan on a gas stove. Add butter to the pan and melt the butter on medium flame. Then add the chopped onion, garlic, and pepper. Cook all these ingredients for about a minute or two, and then add the refried beans to it. Add all the spices, salt and pepper. Stir for about a minute or until the beans are mixed well with the spices.
- Then using a big fork or potato masher, you need to mash this stuff up. You can add some water if you want, but do not make beans too much liquid as the filling should be on the dryer side.
- Keep that warm over low heat while you make the rest of the taco stuff.
- Warm the tortillas on the pan over low-medium heat. Do not make them crisp.
- To assemble the tacos, lay the tortillas on a flat pan. Add a tablespoon of refried beans, grated cheese, top them with some chopped lettuce, Pico de Gallo and sour cream sauce.
- Fold it into the shape of a taco. Warm it on a pan until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot and fresh to enjoy.
There are 500 calories in 1 serving of Bean and Cheese Taco from Taco Palenque; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Chorizo and Egg from Taco Palenque.
- Serving Size (g): 1 taco (254g)
- Calories: 500
- Fat cal(g): 230
- Fat (g): 26
- Saturated fat: 12
- Trans fat(g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 50
- Sodium (mg): 4300
- Carbs (g): 50
- Fiber (g): 14
- Sugar (g): 1
- Prot (g): 18
- Vit A %: 8%
- Vit C %: 0%
- Iron %: 10%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacopalenque.com
San Antonio, TX
Please replace our taco cabanas with taco palenques! This place reminds me so much of the Mexican food I used to get in Cali. The tortillas especially , they are thin as opposed to floury and fluffy that are served at most Tex Med places. I recommend the plain ol bean and cheese taco here, with a horchata to drink. For dessert, have a slice of one of the best tres leches I've tried in the city.
Give the fideo a try, it's so fantastic, and I could write sonnets to the panchitos!
San Antonio, TX
Pros: Great tacos. They really fill the tacos up. Breakfast all day.
Cons: Salsa bar, though tasty, is a bit scary because any self-serve food section is. The place could be a lot brighter and less dingy.
Vegetarians/Vegans: Nothing for vegans. Vegetarians, it depends how strict you are. If you are okay with lard, then there's always potato and egg taco, bean and cheese taco, bean and rice taco, bean and cheese tostada, cheese chile relleno, cheese quesadilla, sopa de fideo (request meatless), and huevos rancheros.
How I enjoy tacos from Taco Palenque! I like them so much that I have yet to move on and try something different. The fajita taco is decent, if a little salty, but the bean and cheese and potato and egg are great. The sopa de fideo is very well done and worth trying. Note that the flour tortillas here are much thinner than most Tex Mex places in town, but still very tasty. I like the way Taco Palenque uses thin tortillas and stuffs them really well with different fillings.
This place serves breakfast all day, so if you are so inclined, you get grab breakfast tacos at night.
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile
Taco Palenque in New Braunfels is an excellent choice for Tex-Mex fast food. My husband and I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Our favorite is the Street Tacos, beef or pork, served with the best beans and caramelized onions. You can help yourself to a condiments bar with all kinds of salsas, picos, jalapeños, warm tortilla chips, etc. We love all of it! Give them a try, you’ll love the food and the friendly staff.
Date of visit: September 2019
The Most Popular Queries
What kind of cheese do you put in a bean and cheese taco?
Ans: You can use Mexican cheese blend in a bean and cheese taco. However, there are several other options like cottage cheese mixture, shredded cheddar cheese etc. There are a lot of options when it comes to cheese. The choice is always yours. You can add your favourite cheese in your tacos.
Latest News about Taco Palenque
Taco Palenque drive-thru now open in Corpus Christi
Taco Palenque's new location is now open in Corpus Christi, reported by News Break.
The restaurant made this announcement on the company's Facebook page Wednesday. The Laredo-based fast-food restaurant has locations across South Texas and the Houston area.
"It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for," said the post.
The drive-thru, located at 5617 Saratoga Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78414, is now open.
"Swing by and experience Fresh Mex, close to home," says the post. "We can’t wait to see you!"