Avocado Veggie Bowl
How to make Avocado Veggie Bowl
Avocado Veggie Bowl is a power packed menu from the Del Taco chain that features hand-sliced avocado, seasoned black beans, diced onions, fresh diced tomatoes, and fresh romaine and iceberg lettuce blend, served over cilantro lime rice.
This menu item is served during both lunch and dinner hours at Del taco restaurant. The veggie bowl is full of nutrition as it takes both rice and veggies at the same time. The veggie bowl is one of the most popular Fresca Bowl menus of the chain.
If you want to prepare this menu at home, you can follow the recipe that we have simplified for your convenience. But, before going to the method of preparation, you should know all the ingredients that you need to prepare this recipe right inside your kitchen.
The Avocado veggie bowl from Del Taco is a healthy dish that takes both rice and the veggies along with avocados. This is a very simple recipe that takes a few exotic ingredients. Let us take a note of all the ingredients that you need to prepare this menu at home.
- Mixed greens (romaine, iceberg lettuce)
- black beans
- Quinoa, cooked
- Sliced avocados from Mexico
- Tomatoes, diced
- Toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Avocado oil
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Pico de Gallo
For Cilantro Rice
- 3 ½ cups packed cilantro leaves (about 3 ounces)
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 medium serrano chile, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Method of Preparation
To Prepare Rice
- Combine cilantro, garlic, chile, and 2 cups broth in a blender and process until they become smooth. When you are done with the mixture switch off the blender and set it aside.
- Switch on the gas stove and heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Let it shimmers and then add onion to the oil.
- Cook until onion gets softened, which will take you about 2 minutes. Now add rice and salt to the onions. Stir well to coat the rice in oil.
- Continue to cook until rice becomes opaque, which will take you about 2 minutes.
- Then pour in the cilantro mixture and the remaining 1 1/3 cups broth into the rice and stir to mix it well.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to let the rice simmer. Cover and cook until rice becomes tender; this will take about 15 minutes. Turn off the flame and let the rice rest covered for about 5 minutes.
To assemble the bowl
- In a medium bowl, add avocado oil, champagne vinegar, garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Stir well until all the ingredients get combined.
- In a large bowl, add one layer of cilantro rice. Then add Pico de Gallo on it.
- Then evenly distribute the mixed greens, quinoa, avocado, tomatoes, walnuts, and feta on the rice.
- Serve fresh and hot.
There are 490 calories in a Avocado Veggie Fresca Bowl from Del Taco; most of the calories come from carbohydrates (58%). Let us discuss the approximate amount of nutrients that we get from the avocado Veggie Bowl from Del taco.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 490
- Calories From Fat: 150
- Total Fat: 16g (25%)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
- Sodium: 1430mg (60%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 72g (24%)
- Dietary Fiber: 12g (48%)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 14g (28%)
- Vitamin A: 15%
- Vitamin C: 40%
- Calcium: 15%
- Iron: 25%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
Reviewed September 6, 2017
Decent stop for a quick lunch or dinner considering its a fast food restaurant. The customer service is quite good. Their training is obvious. They are pretty efficient, depending on what you order. Their avocado veggie bowl is very good. I like their fish tacos better than any other restaurant. I no longer order fish tacos anywhere else!
Most of the time the lobby is fairly empty. Maybe they have too much competition nearby. I sure hope they stay in business!
Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile
Finally got to Del Taco and had a veggie bowl. It was loaded with goodness. Rice, beans, avocado, tomatoes, and lettuce. Added some of their hot sauce and it was great. Will try the steak and guac burrito next. The service was quick and good. Really enjoyed the trip
Date of visit: January 2016
San Francisco, CA
Beautiful Avocado Veggie Bowl. Prompt service. Clean dining area. Plenty of parking. No complaints.
The Most Popular Queries
Can I use store bought Pico de gallo?
Ans: Del Taco uses hand-made Pico de Gallo in their Avocado Veggie Bowl. However, you can use store bought Pico de Gallo if you are running short of time.
When can I order Avocado Veggie Bowl from Del taco chain?
Ans; Avocado Veggie Bowl is one of the three Fresca Bowl menus of the chain. You can order this menu in both lunch and dinner hours of the chain.
Is Avocado Veggie Bowl healthy?
Ans: Yes, Avocado Veggie Bowl is very healthy and tasty as well. It contains 490 calories in it and hence proved to be one of the most power packed lunch menus of the chain. Moreover, the dish features all fresh ingredients that makes it more nutritional.
Del Taco introduces Three New Fresca Bowls Featuring Fresh Sliced Avocado
LAKE FOREST, CA—(Jul 23, 2015) - Del Taco has introduced three new Fresca Bowls rec ently that feature fresh sliced avocados. The addition of avocado is one of many exciting additions at Del Taco chain.
"Our new Fresca bowls for less than $5 are layered with fresh ingredients, including avocados, the newest addition to our fresh ingredient lineup," said John Cappasola, executive vice president and chief brand officer, Del Taco. "Fresh sliced avocado has quickly become a guest favorite at Del Taco and pairing it with our grilled marinated chicken in our Fresca Bowls is a flavor that our guests will love," Yahoo Finance has reported.
The menus will be available at the chain from July 23, 2015.
Del Taco's new Fresca Bowls include:
Pollo Asado with Avocado Bowl features quality grilled chicken, fresh sliced avocado, seasoned black beans, fresca lime rice, handmade pico de gallo salsa and fresh diced onions
Green Chile Chicken with Avocado Bowl comes with quality grilled chicken, fresh sliced avocado, seasoned black beans, fresca lime rice, fresh diced tomatoes, crisp lettuce and green sauce
Avocado Veggie Bowl includes fresh sliced avocado, handmade pico de gallo salsa, seasoned black beans, fresh diced onions and fresca lime rice