How to make Apple Burrito
Apple Burrito from Taco Villa is one of the most popular menu items of the restaurant that features apple and sugar wrapped in flour tortillas. This is basically a dessert from Taco Villa and loved by the foodies due to its unmatched taste.
If you want to prepare this dish at home, then you can follow the recipe below that we have modified for your convenience. Before preparing this dish, you should arrange the required ingredients for preparing this dish.
Apple Burrito features sugar and apple as its main ingredients; however, it also takes a few other ingredients in it. So, let us discuss all the ingredients that you need to keep handy in your kitchen while preparing this dish in your kitchen.
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 8 -10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup margarine or ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
Method of Preparation
- To start with this recipe, first preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then lightly grease or spray a 9X13 inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add approximately ¼ cup of pie filling on each tortilla, spread the pie evenly. Roll up the tortillas the same as enchiladas.
- Place the tortilla rolls each side by side in the cake pan.
- Meanwhile, combine water, sugar, margarine, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on medium to high heat until margarine is completely melted and sugar is dissolved in the mixture.
- When you are done with the sauce, pour it over the tortilla rolls or burritos that you have kept on the cake pan.
- Bake the burritos for 30 minutes.
- When they are completely done, remove from the oven and try to push burritos down into sauce. Then cover with foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve fresh to enjoy.
There are 260 calories in 1 serving of Apple Burrito from Taco Villa; most of the calories come from carbohydrate and fat. Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from 1 serving of Apple Burrito from Taco villa.
- Serving Size: 1 Apple Burrito
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 9.00g (12%)
- Saturated Fat: 0%
- Trans Fat: 0%
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
- Sodium: 140mg (6%)
- Total Carbohydrate: 41.00g (15%)
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0g (7%)
- Sugars: 0%
- Protein: 3.00g
- Vitamin D: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
- Potassium: 0%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition Facts Source: www.tacovilla.com
Reviewed September 11, 2008
I love Taco Villa's apple burritos.
Reviewed June 7, 2008
I'm a burrito fan! Taco Villa has always been my favorite when it comes to fast food.
First to Review
This is one of the best Taco Villas. Food is always fresh and order accurate. People are helpful and glad to see us.
For those that do not know, Taco Villa is fast Mexican food that is much better than Bell or Bueno.
They have a great Taco Salad and they have a tasty dessert called an Apple Burrito!
Queens, Queens, NY
Staff was super friendly !!!!! & quick with service and making food; they had self serve condiments ;& everybody is very friendly who works here Susan was awesome eee !!!!
The Most Popular Queries
Does Taco Villa offer delivery or takeout?
Ans: Yes, Taco Villa offers takeout or delivery. You can visit their website to order from them.
What forms of payment are accepted in Taco Villa?
Ans: Taco Villa accepts all credit cards.
What is the current customer rating of Taco Villa?
Ans: The current customer rating of Taco Villa is 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
On what days is Taco Villa open?
Ans: Taco Villa is open every day.
Taco Villa introduces their new breakfast menu; Chorizo Breakfast Taco
Nov 23, 2020: Taco villa has added a new menu item to their breakfast line up. The Menu is popularly known as Chorizo Breakfast Taco, reported by Taco Villa face book Page.
The menu features spicy chorizo, scrambled eggs and shredded cheese. You can avail this dish during Taco Villa’s Breakfast Hours, from 6.30am to 11am. The restaurant makes this dish fresh daily. Taco Villa has announced it on their facebook page through a post that includes a picture of the same menu.
However, we have noticed a few negative remarks on that face book post that people will not accept if a worker of Taco Villa cleans the grill by spitting on it. This news was earlier published on CBS7, which stated that a video posted on a Facebook page that showed a young worker at a Taco Villa restaurant in Big Spring spitting on a grill several times then wiping it down.