3 layer Queso Nachos
How to make 3 layer Queso Nachos
3 Layer Queso Nachos is one of the popular menu items from Del Taco Inc. that features fresh house-made tortilla chips topped with creamy Queso Blanco, slow-cooked beans made from scratch, and tangy green sauce.
If you want to prepare this at home, then here is the recipe for you. You can go through the process of preparing 3-layer queso nachos in your own style. So, before knowing the method of preparation, let us know the ingredients that you need to prepare this dish.
3-layer queso nachos are very easy to prepare at home as they use a few simple ingredients. The main ingredient in this recipe is cheese. You have to use 3 layers of cheese while preparing this dish. Let us know the approximate quantity of all the ingredients that you need to prepare this menu at home.
For 3-Queese Queso:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, grated
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce
Method of Preparation
- To prepare this dish you need to preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Then place a rack on the second-to-top position.
- Now it’s time to bake the tortilla chips. Place the tortilla chips on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until the chips are warmed through, which will take you about 2 to 3 minutes. After you are done with baking, turn off the heat and keep tortilla chips in the warm oven until you prepare other ingredients of this recipe.
- To prepare the 3-cheese queso, you have to melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then, add the jalapenos and cook until they become softened. Stir occasionally for about 3 to 4 minutes. Now add ¼ cup of the milk to combine them together.
- Then stir in the flour to combine and cook until it becomes lightly browned and thick, which will take you about 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the remaining milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, continue with stirring frequently, until you get a thick consistency of heavy cream; this will take you about 6 to 8 minutes.
- At this point, turn off the heat and add the cheeses until melted. Now, season with salt, black pepper and hot sauce.
- To assemble the 3 layer queso, spread out the warm tortilla chips on a large platter. Add the 3-cheese queso all over the tortilla and
- Serve hot and enjoy.
There are 270 calories in 3 Layer Queso Nachos from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (33%) and carbohydrates (53%). Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that we get from 3-layer queso nachos.
- Serving Size: 156g
- Calories: 270
- Calories From Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 11g (17%)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2%)
- Sodium: 680mg (28%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g (12%)
- Dietary Fiber: 7g (28%)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 9g (18%)
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
Donald Manalu Oct 13, 2020 Verified customer
I went to try new crispy chicken tacos and placed an order drive thru #81 around 21:11. When I got to the cashier to pay I showed her the bonus offer from my phone (1st time to experience/use them), she read and pulled the scanner (outside the window) to get the code # and I paid the total amount $4.32. When she handed me my order, I checked that the bonus offer (free 3 layer queso nachos) was not in the paper bag and I asked her about it and she looked me for a while and asked me to see the phone. I handed the phone to her and she took it to another woman employee and went to cashier machine and looked at the clocked for 3-4 minutes and returned my phone and told me I have to purchase another order. I told them to make adjustment like I cancelled the order but instead they refused, yelling, screaming and became mouthy to me and when I told her that I will complaint about the service, She called me "Go ahead, Stupid". Money it's not the issue but the principles. They need to be train properly. I went to college and graduated from nursing school and working in the Hospital to give care to my patients and yet, this woman who probably in the late 30's or 40's and work at the Del Taco have a nerved to call me "stupid". I don't want to lower my standard to hers but the management needs to know the treatment we received from their employee. Some plan of correction in the future will benefit all parties. Thank you.
The Most Popular Queries
Can I change the quantity of cheese in 3 layer queso nachos?
Ans: Yes, you can add your favourite cheese that will suit you if you are checking on your calories. Mloreover, you can add your choice of cheese instead of the recommended cheese above.
Do 3 layer queso nachos belong to the dollar menu of Del Taco?
Ans: Yes, 3 layer queso nachos belong to the dollar menu of Del Taco, meaning the menu will cost you only $1. However, despite being so affordable, you will not be disappointed with the taste of this menu at all.
Free Queso Nachos With Any Purchase Through The Del Taco App For A Limited Time
Del Taco is offering its foodie fans free 3 layer queso nachos with every purchase. This is a good promotional stunt from the popular restaurant.
“In order to take advantage of the offer, simply sign into the Del Taco app, where you’ll be able to access a coupon for free Queso Nachos. Just take note that you’ll have to grab the coupon by March 1, 2020. Once you do, you’ll have a week to redeem,” Chew Boom has reported.