Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Churros Box
How to make Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Churros Box
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Churros Box features three pieces of crispy chicken strips, mini churros sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, drizzled in honey mango sauce. The Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box carries a suggested price of $4. You can also get it in meal form served with a side of honey mango sauce and a beverage for $5.99.
If you want to prepare this menu at home, you can follow the below recipe that we have curated for your convenience. But, before preparing the dish, let us know the ingredients first.
Honey mango crispy chicken and churros box features honey mango sauce and crispy chicken strips as the main ingredients along with the cinnamon coated mini churros. We have divided the ingredients into 3 parts; for chicken strips preparation, honey mango sauce, and mini churros preparation. So, let us discuss what ingredients we do need to prepare this recipe at home.
For Chicken Strips
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups crispy rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
For Honey Mango Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- ½ cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Method of Preparation
Chicken Strips Preparation
- To prepare crispy chicken strips, first pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Then lightly grease a baking dish.
- Add butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, add the crushed cereal, flour, and seasoning blend. Mix all the ingredients well.
- First dip chicken tenders in the butter, then press the dipped chicken in the cereal mixture so that it coats the chicken evenly.
- Arrange the chicken strips in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining butter.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the chicken becomes golden brown.
- Your favourite crispy chicken strips are ready.
To Prepare Honey Mango Sauce
- To prepare honey mango sauce, place a saucepan over gas stove. Add all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring them to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and let it simmer until mangos are completely cooked, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Then let it cool for some time. Transfer the ingredients to a mixing jar and puree the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture again to the saucepan and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Your honey mango sauce is ready.
- In a small saucepan combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat. Bring this mixture to a boil and remove from heat after a few minutes. Mix flour to the mixture until it forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in a deep fryer or deep pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Add 5- to 6-inch strips of dough into the hot oil using a sturdy pastry bag that is fitted with a medium star tip. Do not pipe too many strips into the oil. Fry the churros until they become golden. After you are done with the churros, drain them on paper towels.
- Mix ½ cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture until they coat the churros well.
To Serve the Menu
- On a plate place cinnamon dipped churros, three pieces of crispy chicken strips, and drizzle them with your favourite honey mango sauce.
- Serve hot to enjoy.
There are 550 calories in Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Churros Box from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (240) and Carbohydrates (60). Let us discuss all the nutrients that we get from the Honey Mango Crispy Chicken and Churros Box.
- Servings: 1 Box
- Calories - 550
- Calories from Fat – 240
- Total Fat - 26g
- Saturated Fat - 5g
- Sodium - 870mg
- Carbs - 60g
- Sugar - 30g
- Trans fat- 0
- Protein: 10g (20%)
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
JAN 11, 2021
Del Taco offers up new Honey Mango Crispy Chicken as the latest limited-time flavor for their crispy chicken strips.
The new Honey Mango Sauce is described by the chain as the "sweet and sour sauce [you] grew up with, but with a Del Taco flavor twist."
While it's around, you can find the new sauce in the following menu items:
- $4 Honey Mango 3-piece Crispy Chicken & Churros Box - Three crispy chicken strips and mini churros sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Both are drizzled with Honey Mango Sauce.
The Most Popular Queries
What type of chicken should I use to prepare Crispy Chicken?
Ans: Use fresh boneless chicken breasts in Crispy Chicken, to enhance the taste of the dish. You should not prepare the crispy chicken and store it to use it later because the crunchiness will not be retained upon storing. Always make sure you prepare this fresh to enjoy the menu.
How does the Honey Mango Sauce taste?
Ans: Honey Mango has a blend of taste that includes both sweet and sour flavours. The sauce is tasty and has a different flavour that you can use in your tacos, burritos, and as a dipping sauce as per your choice.
Del Taco launches New Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Lineup
“Del Taco in October 2020 has introduced its food lovers with Cholula Hot Sauce-Inspired Crispy Chicken. Just after three months the brand presses the pause button on heat and goes all sweet with the introduction of Honey Mango Crispy Chicken,” Chew Boom has reported.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken is available in the following options at Del Taco chain:
Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito features crispy chicken strips, crispy bacon, Crinkle-Cut fries, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and honey mango sauce wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla.
You can order the Epic Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Bacon Burrito as a la carte for $5, or as part of a meal, served with a side of Crinkle-Cut fries and a beverage for $7.99.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box features three pieces of crispy chicken strips, mini churros sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, drizzled in honey mango sauce.
You can order Honey Mango Crispy Chicken & Churros Box for a suggested price of $4 or as a meal served with a side of honey mango sauce and a beverage for $5.99.
Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco features a crispy chicken strip, hand- grated cheddar cheese, lettuce, and honey mango sauce, all in a folded, warm flour tortilla.
The Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Taco is available for the foodie fans on its at jsut $1, or as part of a meal where you can get two Honey Mango Crispy Chicken Tacos, Crinkle-Cut Fries and a beverage for $5.79.