Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch
How to make Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch
The Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch is a meaty version of the Taco Bell’s popular Cheesy Gordita Crunch. It includes a crunchy taco shell filled with deliciously seasoned beef, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, and spicy jalapeno ranch sauce. The crunchy taco shell is further wrapped with layers of seasoned beef and a 3-cheese blend that includes cheddar, pepper jack, oozy nacho cheese sauce, and mozzarella cheese, folded in a soft and lightly charred warm flatbread. The traditional cheesy gordita crunch features melted shredded cheese between the tortilla and taco shell, but Taco Bell later introduced a Double Stacked Taco on the menu that included nacho cheese instead of shredded cheese. The Double cheesy gordita crunch gained popularity over time because of its unmatched flavours and soft yet crunchy taste.
For the Tacos: You will need the following ingredients.
- 6 hard taco shells
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef (preferably 85%/15% or 90%/10%)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup store-bought nacho cheese sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup zesty jalapeno ranch
For the Jalapeno Ranch:
- sour cream - 1 cup
- light mayonnaise - 1 cup
- ranch dressing mix - 1 packet
- can diced jalapenos - 1 4-oz
- hot sauce - 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation for Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch
- To make the flavourful jalapeno ranch, add sour cream, mayonnaise, and 1 packet of seasonings to a bowl and mix them all. Then finely chop the jalapenos, reserving the liquid from the can. The diced jalapenos that you take straight out of the can are pretty chunky; you can have much better consistency of the sauce if you finely chop them. Add the reserved liquid (obtained from the can) into the sour cream mixture. Also, add 2-3 tbsp of the finely chopped jalapenos depending on your spice preference. Add hot sauce and give it a good stir so that they incorporate with each other. Chill the mixture until it is ready to use. This process ideally takes 30 minutes to let the flavours merge together.
- Preheat the oven to prepare the hard shell taco package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions to it and stir occasionally until they become translucent; it takes approx 5 minutes.
- Then add the ground beef to it, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Stir the ground beef often, until the meat gets browned.Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water to the meat and coat the meat with the mixture. Bring to a simmer and stir frequently, until sauce reduces and excess water gets evaporated, which will take approx 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat to set aside.
- Lightly char the flour tortillas over a gas burner on low heat. Keep them warm in a dish towel or tortilla warmer. You can also microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds on low settings to warm them.
- Then warm the hard shell tacos according to the directions on the package.
- Now it is the time to assemble the tacos. Spoon a bit of the nacho cheese sauce onto the flour tortilla and spread evenly by gently folding around the hard taco shell. Add ground beef, zesty jalapeno ranch sauce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, and shredded lettuce. Serve it hot.
Nutrition Facts of Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch
This Taco Bell menu item has 570 calories of which 290 are from fat. Hence, it carries 51 per cent of the calories that come from the fat, 31 per cent from carbs, and 18 per cent from protein. Let us know the nutritional values of this item
- Calories: 570
- Calories From Fat: 290
- Total Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1110mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fibre: 7g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 25g
August 28, 2018, at 8:12 AM
It’s honestly not all that much different from the regular version. I think I actually prefer the regular version because of it's cheesier. Adding the meat means less cheese, at least on the ones that I’ve had. It also gets soggy quicker with the extra meat, but overall it's still pretty good. It’s definitely the best value right now considering the CGC + 2 taco combo is more expensive than the 5 dollar box with the double CGC + 2 tacos
January 28, 2012, at 1:43 pm
I couldn’t agree more, the Cheesy Gordita Crunch is one of the best items that Taco Bell offers. Around here they never really went away. Sure, they were off the menu, but if you asked for one I was never refused.
August 28, 2018, at 1:28 PM
yaa the hard shell got real mushy on my 5min drive home. lots meat n cheese but mush mush
- Taco Bell's Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch Is Officially Back on the Menu Taco Bell has announced to bring back one of its fan favourite dish Double cheesy gordita crunch on its Menu. It is cheesy, crunchy, and tasty. The Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch is full of flavours that make it so popular. Taco Bell has launched this dish in 2018, which is now returning to the menu for the third time. The glorious layers of flatbread and crunchy taco shells have made it popular among the foodies. You can get the Double Cheesy Gordita Crunch for $3.49 or in a box; if you add two crunchy tacos and a medium drink, then you have to pay $5.99 for this.
- Taco Bell is also offering new Steak Firecracker Fries, Nacho fries. Taco Bell has brought back everybody’s favourite Steak Firecracker Fries, Nacho fries. The latest utterance features the delicious buffalo sauce, but Steak Firecracker Fries are only introduced in Detroit as of now. The Steak Firecracker Fries feature Taco Bell's signature Nacho Fries covered in a grilled steak, nacho cheese sauce, cheddar cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapeños, and Taco Bell's brand new "Firecracker sauce," which is a blend of heat-packing peppers.