How to make Donut Bites
Del Taco adds Donut Bites to the menu that features crispy donut holes dusted with cinnamon sugar. The donut bites are placed under Del Taco’s ‘Buck and Under’ menu and cost $1 for an order of four. The new dessert is available all day at Del Taco chain.
If you want to prepare this menu at home, you can follow the below recipe that we have curated for your convenience. But, before preparing the dish, let us know the ingredients first.
You can prepare donut bites at home using a few simple ingredients. Let us discuss what you need to keep handy at your kitchen while preparing this recipe on your own.
- 1 tube biscuit dough, flaky
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Canola or vegetable oil, for cooking
Method of Preparation
- Add oil to a frying pan until it fills halfway of the pan. Heat the oil over medium heat until it reaches 375°F. You can measure the temperature with a candy thermometer.
- In a large zip lock bag, add sugar and cinnamon. Mix the two ingredients well.
- Make 8 biscuits from the dough.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, while pinching the edges to keep the dough from spreading during the cooking process.
- Carefully place the dough into the hot oil and cook until they become brown. When one side is fully cooked, flip the donuts with a metal slotted spoon to cook the other side.
- When the donuts are properly cooked from both sides, Remove them from oil and place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.
- Place the cooked doughnuts into the plastic bag with cinnamon and sugar, and shake the bag so that sugar coats the dough pieces well.
- Serve hot to enjoy.
There are 240 calories in Donut Bites from Del Taco; most of the calories come from fat (58%) and carbohydrates (37%). Let us discuss the approximate amount of all the nutrients that you get from the Donut Bites from Del Taco.
- Serving Size: 51g
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 16g (25%)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (30%)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
- Sodium: 150mg (6%)
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g (7%)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4%)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 3g (6%)
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Facts source:Del Taco
Los Angeles, CA
After a little late night early morning laundry I was hungry decided it was time for breakfast so I stopped in for quick breakfast of champions asada breakfast wrap breakfast wrap, iced coffee and donut bites from Del Taco and yes it donut bites are served warm.
Reviewed October 5, 2018
I'd only previously visited the location in Colorado Springs and it was good, while out shopping today near this location... I decided to stop for lunch and I was not disappointed. I had the combo meal with two tacos, fries, a drink PLUS I added the donut bites! Customer service at the drive thru window was pleasant and prompt but man oh man, I couldn't make it out of the parking lot because the bag smelled so good. I parked and was able to enjoy my delicious meal before swallowing the donuts..... awesome!
Date of visit: October 2018
JUL 31, 2018
Del Taco adds donut holes to their Buck and Under Menu with the debut of new Donut Bites.
The crispy donut holes come dusted with cinnamon sugar and costs $1 for an order of four.
The new dessert is available all day and offers an alternative to rival Taco Bell's Cinnabon Delights, which cost more (two for $1) but include a cream cheese filling.
The Most Popular Queries
How can I cook Donuts in the oven?
Ans: You can place the donuts in the pre-heated oven at 400 degrees instead of frying them in deep fryer or pan. Wait for a few minutes until they become golden brown or fully cooked from both inside and out. After they are cooked remove them from oven and place them inside the cinnamon and sugar mixture. After the sugar coats the donuts well, serve them hot to enjoy.
How long can I store Donut bites in the freezer?
Ans: You can freeze these donut bites if you want to have them later. Although donut bites taste best when they are hot and fresh, you can store these in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. If you are keeping them in the refrigerator, they can last for 2-3 days. Consume them within this time period.
DEL TACO'S NEW CARAMEL CHEESECAKE BITES ARE A NEW FAN FAVORITE
Lake Forest, CA, Sept. 8, 2009 – Recently, Del Taco quietly introduced a new decadent dessert – Caramel Cheesecake Bites, which are delicious bite-size cheesecakes dripping with caramel and fried for a warm, melting sweet indulgence. It didn't take long for the noise to begin, Del Taco has reported.
These deep-fried bite-sized sweet treats quickly became everybody’s favourite and attracted online attention with dozens of Tweets from satisfied customers who shared their positive reactions:
- "Got to get ready for work.... It's hard to try to eat right when we have new caramel cheesecake bites that are DEEP FRY! Xoxo," wrote 1TiredGorda.
- "If any of you "tweeps" go to del taco i recommend getting the caramel cheesecake bites," said KimiChaos.
- "Caramel Cheesecake Bites. If you are a caramel-holic like myself, a wonderful tasty interlude. Del Taco has hit a winner in my book," wrote Dashman7.
"Our new Caramel Cheesecake Bites are so good, our customers can't keep quiet about them," said John Cappasola, vice president of marketing at Del Taco. "They are a flavorful complement to a meal or a delicious snack that is great any time of the day."
Caramel Cheesecake Bites cost $1.99 for two or $3.89 for four, and are joined by traditional Mexican churros and moist and delicious chocolate cake on the Del Taco menu.
However, price and participation may vary from place to place.
Del Taco is a leading national Mexican quick-serve chain with more than 500 restaurants in 18 states.